What's new

Pakistani Aircraft Engines, SAMs & AAMs

Hmmmm It seems some people when realising that they could not prevent the Jf-17 from coming to fruition, have fallen back onto trying to trash it again :lol:

Nothing to do with Mig-33. FAS and GS have been using recyled information for the past 7 years about the JF-17. The Pakistani Super-7 program which led to JF-17 program had nothing to do with the so-called Russian Mig-33 project. Initially it was a joint Northrop Grumman, Chinese and Pakistani venture (called SabreII) and later on it became a Chinese led and Pakistani participated program. There was no Russian input in the project (aside for the propulsion due to the inclusion of Russian engines).

Super-7 name was also dropped once the ASR were reviewed by the PAF and due to new requirements, the project was re-named JF-17. The reclassification to "17" has some meaning in PAF parlance otherwise it could easily have been JF-15 or so.
I was told that Super-7 was first proposed (to PAF) sometime between 1986 and 1988 as a mainstay replacement for F-6. However the PAF dropped it in favour of choosing the F-16 as the mainstay/backbone, and F-7P for defensive and border roles. In 1989-1990 I believe the U.S pulled out of the Super-7 as well...after that it becomes speculation. The JF-17 today cannot have come out of a simple F-7 frame and still have room for upgrades, there's no way. I think CAC designed a new airframe and Super-7 died in its physical form - only living in name, until that was replaced by JF-17.

I was told that Super-7 was first proposed (to PAF) sometime between 1986 and 1988 as a mainstay replacement for F-6. However the PAF dropped it in favour of choosing the F-16 as the mainstay/backbone, and F-7P for defensive and border roles. In 1989-1990 I believe the U.S pulled out of the Super-7 as well...after that it becomes speculation. The JF-17 today cannot have come out of a simple F-7 frame and still have room for upgrades, there's no way. I think CAC designed a new airframe and Super-7 died in its physical form - only living in name, until that was replaced by JF-17.

The JF-17 and F-7 connection is nothing but wishful thinking (found mostly among the Indian posters on various defence boards). Technically they cannot provide any evidence to back up this claim and usually bring this up to denigrate the aircraft and its capabilities (again without any technical data to back up their claims).

As far as I know, Super-7 never had any US participation. We wanted western avionics and those were blocked in the days when the program was called Super-7. The only link that at least I am aware of with F-7 has been the Sabre II program which actually was a super-beefed up F-7 with US avionics, weapons and new propulsion.

The JF-17 and F-7 connection is nothing but wishful thinking (found mostly among the Indian posters on various defence boards). Technically they cannot provide any evidence to back up this claim and usually bring this up to denigrate the aircraft and its capabilities (again without any technical data to back up their claims).

As far as I know, Super-7 never had any US participation. We wanted western avionics and those were blocked in the days when the program was called Super-7. The only link that at least I am aware of with F-7 has been the Sabre II program which actually was a super-beefed up F-7 with US avionics, weapons and new propulsion.
I also find it quite comical how knowledgable Indian posters will try to denigrate the aircraft by saying it is derived from the F-7 because it "looks" like it, ofcourse to this day no one had provided evidence to back up the argument. Though I guess it works both ways when Irritated Pakistani's start calling LCA a Mirage clone.
Both aircraft have quite different aerodynamic chareteristics from their propesed predecessors, I think this board should be the first to put all this hog behind us.

I guess it works both ways when Irritated Pakistani's start calling LCA a Mirage clone.

Actually, we ususally discourage our country men to do such things, but it is ususally used against the Indian trolls. However, the other party never stops in maligning even though they realize the extreme threat which is even recognized by the top-field officials in the east.

Today, i happend to visit one of the eastern site (BR) or whatever it is.. it had the topic Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan. Now what words do we have for those morons. :D

yes, Pakistan never has those kind of trolls. lol
We have a moderator here claiming that a dozen babur would wipe out a whole American Fleet.
JF-17 is a crappy plane to be comapared to the LCA, lets compare it with MiG-21 UM, when it gets its radars, weapons etc etc. We can compare it with MiG-21 BiS

We have a moderator here claiming that a dozen babur would wipe out a whole American Fleet.
JF-17 is a crappy plane to be comapared to the LCA, lets compare it with MiG-21 UM, when it gets its radars, weapons etc etc. We can compare it with MiG-21 BiS

Dude seriously you should leave these kinds of topics to people like Malay and Joey......they come from a base of good knowledge and at least it is possible to have a sensible discussion based upon facts rather than hyperbole.

I mean seriously the post you have put up is really laughable......:disagree:

Dude seriously you should leave these kinds of topics to people like Malay and Joey......they come from a base of good knowledge and at least it is possible to have a sensible discussion based upon facts rather than hyperbole.

Ahh!!!, Yes, I suggest you dont read my post then, and laugh it off. Thank you.,

He strikes onces again,.
Last time we checked the first 50 planes batches will come with a KJ-7 (need to verify exact number of radar name) which has better performance then the APG-66 according to the ACM, and equipped with Chinese armament. But hey I guess LCA doesn't need all that to fight JF-17...:disagree: Even when the LCA hasn't been given an off the shelf radar.

What else can we expect from a him? But it's oki their so called "LCA" is much superior to our flying junk, if we go by "their" logic, since they don't need an operational radar to fight us. :lol:

Ahh!!!, Yes, I suggest you dont read my post then, and laugh it off. Thank you.,

I am still waiting for you to request webby to reopen the other thread with your new technical information.

At the end of the day you have not posted some new information or detailed opinion. you have just re-hashed the same old arguments which have been trashed to bits.....

I could easily throw off a flippant remark like yours.....want one? "YOU CAN'T COMPARE THE JF-17 AND LCA BECAUSE IT'S HARD TO COMPARE AGAINST A PLANE THAT'S TAKEN 20+ YEARS AND STILL ISN'T IN SERVICE"

See flippant remarks are easy.....I am sure we'll get lots of detailed reasons as to why the above isn't true from every Indian under the sun, but should I do the Adux way and ignore it? hmmmmm think think.......

And whats the use, Keyser, we have pages of threads over here on the same topic.

Back
Top Bottom