What's new

PAKISTAN WIN WORLD CUP 2009!!

Yes the young lad,got stuck in there,he didn't know what to do....,.dhoni sd have sent in form players like yuvraj or yusuf up the order....,we needed a pietersen style cameo at that time

Hey,buddy i was just tryin to stop the real fight which was bout to start.....anyways,congrats,i have my emotions under control now...slurp...slurp

Well just be careful whom you advise since u are here to post and keeping everything civil, thats the job of the MODS (BB) here, so no need to take over their responsibilties as they are quite capable.

:cool:

Too bad India went out, would've loved to see a match between Pakistan and India, and especially in Great Britan where there is a big Pakistani and Indian community, would be great fun and a great atmosphere.
The English simply outdid the Indians, you can't really say that luck was on the side of the English team, they just worked harder and used their chances/opportunities well.
Too bad for India, they learned some valuable lessons though and i'm sure they'll come back soon with a stronger and more experienced squad.

As for Pakistan, I do hope we get our revenge on England, but then again, we have the most unpredictable team, and seeing the Irish play today against SL, i'm not making any bets, still, I hope and think Pakistan will beat the sh!t out of Ireland, I think they got alot of confidence after destroying NZ.

Too bad India went out, would've loved to see a match between Pakistan and India, and especially in Great Britan where there is a big Pakistani and Indian community, would be great fun and a great atmosphere.
The English simply outdid the Indians, you can't really say that luck was on the side of the English team, they just worked harder and used their chances/opportunities well.
Too bad for India, they learned some valuable lessons though and i'm sure they'll come back soon with a stronger and more experienced squad.

As for Pakistan, I do hope we get our revenge on England, but then again, we have the most unpredictable team, and seeing the Irish play today against SL, i'm not making any bets, still, I hope and think Pakistan will beat the sh!t out of Ireland, I think they got alot of confidence after destroying NZ.

U will have to wait and watch! pakistan has a very talented team but they always let everyone down if u bet on them.

:cheers:

U will have to wait and watch! pakistan has a very talented team but they always let everyone down if u bet on them.

Yeah, I know, you get your hopes up and fingers crossed, set your expectations up so high, and somehow they dissapoint you, it's a real blow, especially when we lost vs England, and same when we gave the game away vs SL.

Anyways, I wish we had a batsman like Kevin Pietersen, now he's someone you can count on and who can surely score decent runs and spread confidence and stability among his teammates.
We need a batsman like him.

Yeah, I know, you get your hopes up and fingers crossed, set your expectations up so high, and somehow they dissapoint you, it's a real blow, especially when we lost vs England, and same when we gave the game away vs SL.

Anyways, I wish we had a batsman like Kevin Pietersen, now he's someone you can count on and who can surely score decent runs and spread confidence and stability among his teammates.

Actually U do have one in Razzaq. Just pay him well so he does not play in India for money.

:hitwall:

What about Afridi ?

:woot:

I think its time Army got out of Sports.

Regards

Ps : I have put my 10 quid on the Irish the odds were too good

How does Kevin Hassan sound on a lighter side ? Oh God / Allah jako does not like lighter sides since India got knocked out !

:undecided:

wat a match it was... english bowlers were great. they didnt come under pressure at anytime and remained focus. this broad guy has also come up really well. pieterson as always is star of his team.
England today did wat windies did earlier. short pitch bowlin. in first 7 or 8 overs 50% of all deliveries were short.
none of the indian batsmen performed well. i was expactin something gud from ghambir and dhoni. yuvraj has never really impressed me so i wasnt disappointed at his dismissal. during the match i was thinkin that indian team must be missin sehwag today;)
Congrats to England. a job well done:tup:

well now on the lighter the side. guess wat? my next yr at uni will be awesome:devil:
i had to live with that 2007 world cup match which we lost to india. now its gonna be my turn to get back to my indian friends:smokin:
i had my friend tellin me that he ll be goin for this india vs windies match on tuesday. i wonder if he s gonna go now:rofl:
i was watchin yuvraj's interview yesterday and he was talkin about a beamer to pietersen. well wat we saw today was quite different

i had to live with that 2007 world cup match which we lost to india. now its gonna be my turn to get back to my indian friends:smokin:
i had my friend tellin me that he ll be goin for this india vs windies match on tuesday. i wonder if he s gonna go now:rofl:
i was watchin yuvraj's interview yesterday and he was talkin about a beamer to pietersen. well wat we saw today was quite different

Guess Y Singh will have to be called a Pie Chucker ?

:victory:

:chilli:

:yahoo:

now lets see wat happens tomorrow...
its gonna be a do or die for both pakistan and england

the way england have carried themselves i guess they can win the match given they manage to take some early wickets
for pakistan i would say we have got lot of experiance on our side. individual need to accept their responsibility. over all incae of pakistan its always hard to predict wat the result will be lik.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

thats wat he was suggestin yesterday:woot:

Even my Grand Ma could have bowled better than him. The first over was ok to try him out, the second was treason when he had pathan in the wings. Well Dhoni is learning a good lesson. Arrogance does not pay.

In the hindsight

Y Singh not bowling the second over
Jadeje not batting at all

Would have won India the match.

Regards

But I am happy :wave: Bye Bye India. well played but it was our day.

i would lik to share this article with u lot. there is a blog on cricinfo which say that vittori and some journalists are raisin question over umer gul's bowling against NZ. sayin he might have done something with the ball

The confounding Mr Gul

Alex Brown at The Oval

June 13, 2009

Umar Gul became the first bowler to claim five-wickets in a 20-over international and, according to Daniel Vettori, the first to achieve reverse swing.

Vettori's stunned expression at the post-match press conference at The Oval spoke volumes for Gul's bewitching influence over his side. The sixth bowler used by Younis Khan, Gul's entry in the 13th over of the innings paid immediate dividends, with Scott Styris and Peter McGlashan falling to his third and fourth deliveries. Gul sent Nathan McCullum's leg-stump cartwheeling in his next over, then closed with the dismissals of James Franklin and Kyle Mills - again in consecutive balls.

Gul finished with the astonishing figures of 5-6 from three overs, and the satisfaction of having entranced a New Zealand side four days removed from pushing South Africa, the tournament favourites, to the wire at Lord's.

"I've never, ever seen someone reverse the ball after 12 overs," said Vettori, a 13-year international veteran. "He managed to do that and that made a real difference.

"He obviously bowled really well. He got the ball to reverse, and I don't think in the history of Twenty20 cricket anyone's got the ball to reverse. That made a massive difference today, and with his pace and his accuracy as well as the ball reversing he was a difficult proposition.

"I really don't know (how). It's the first time I've ever seen it happen."

Younis said the explanation lay in the bowler's action and the nature of Twenty20 cricket where the ball is hit hard and often. "Gul is effective during the middle overs. He has the pace, the reverse swing, a good action for it. Actually he has a very good action for reverse swing.

"This is not the first time he has done it for us - the 2007 Twenty20 World Cup also he was leading wicket-taker. The good thing about his bowling is that he bowls in the middle and there is a lot of hits on the ball and the ball all the time goes in crowd and hits the wall and these kind of things and sometimes that is a factor for us."

Gul, meanwhile, credited his devastating form to the influence of two of Pakistan's finest exponents of reverse-swing bowling. "I have really developed my yorker by watching videos of Waqar and Wasim," he said. "They have really helped me.

"In Twenty20, you have to be able to bowl the yorker, bouncer and the slower ball. Now I want to be the highest wicket-taker in the tournament. My captain just told me to go and get wickets and that's what I did."
The confounding Mr Gul | Cricket News | ICC World Twenty20 2009 | Cricinfo.com

Back
Top Bottom