What's new

PAKISTAN WIN WORLD CUP 2009!!

indies outclassed India. definitely they deserve to win. I would say Indian batting was poor.
2 easy match earlier made India vulnerable. i hope they will return with fury in rest of the matches.

Looks like India is getting a good whooping by the West Indies bowlers.
It's 29/3 in the 4th over.
If India loses, then my day still remains cool even though Pakistan lost. ;)

I think now U R feeling cool, by the way Pakistan always give us that opportunity so it is fair if India give U at least one chance ;) ;)

but west indies playing really better than us :tup:

Last edited:
Qadir- I would make Afridi captain in both formats
Having maintained a steady silence since he abruptly stepped down from his post as chief selector earlier this week, Abdul Qadir finally let loose on the reasons behind his decision, blaming primarily a lack of independence in his role. Qadir also said had it been his choice, Pakistan's Twenty20 side would not be led by Younis Khan and that Shoaib Malik would not be in the side at all.

In particular, Qadir launched an attack on Intikhab Alam, Pakistan's coach, and Yawar Saeed, the team's manager, blaming them for interfering in selections and rendering his selectors "a dummy" committee.

"Why did I resign? If you do not get the respect, the justice or independence in your job it is better to leave," Qadir told Cricinfo. "If the PCB does not honour its contract then what is the point? I was told I would be given independence and a free hand in selection but that has not been the case."

The spark for the differences seems to have emerged from the ambiguous parameters assigned to the chief selector. The board's policy, for home games, is that the selection committee decides on a playing XI, in consultation with coach and captain. According to Qadir, 'consultation' allowed, effectively, the team management to finalise the XI without any input from selectors.

"The contract says that if there is a dispute over the final XI for a home game, the selector decides in consultation with coach and captain," Qadir said. "Here, the coach and manager and captain were deciding the XI so the selectors were not doing anything. Even the players for the central contracts - we had no say in that. If guys like Yawar Saeed and Intikhab Alam are handling these things, interfering, then why have selectors?"

Several ideas of his, Qadir said, had not been considered. One was a suggestion on improving Pakistan's bench strength by organizing matches between four teams with all the best talent in Pakistan. Other ideas were more radical. Had he been given the independence he wanted, for example, Younis would not be the captain of Pakistan's Twenty20 side.

"When I first was appointed as selector I said then we should have two captains but they didn't listen to me. I would've asked Younis to step down from ODI and Twenty20 cricket and made Shahid Afridi captain in both formats. I would've kicked Shoaib Malik out of the side totally because I noticed in Dubai that he is conspiring and forming cliques against Younis."

Pakistan only recently made its selection committee a full-time, salaried one; Qadir was the second such head, after Salahuddin Ahmed, who stepped down last year. "I did not do this for the money. I kick the PCB's money. I did it to bring justice to Pakistan's real talent that goes unnoticed every day. The whole system has to change and men such as Yawar Saeed and Intikhab Alam have to be removed from it. Otherwise nothing will change. I have nothing against Ijaz Butt but the system must change."

The other two members of the committee, ex-Test cricketers Salim Jaffer and Shoaib Mohammad are still in place and no replacement has yet been sought for Qadir.

Congratulation to West Indian team for a decisive win. They deserve it. It wasn't Indian day however they easily can come back.

Good luck to next game........:cheers:

Today a BIG game for Pakistan against Newzealand.
They should win with big margin, if they ant to stay in tournament.

wonder what the mood in India is after the star-studded indian team was floored by the WI by 7 wickets.

as far as pakistan goes - we will again lose tonite to NZ and pack our bags for the home journey - frankly we dont deserve it! pathetic batting display after restricting SL to 151 when it looked like they were going to score 180+. we gifted the game to them.

lol anybody saw - how indian crowd was cheering more for the loss of pakistani wicket than indian boundries.

looool. shahid afridi's days are over as batsman. he is over his prime cricket years.

Pak's gone......probably india too,sa are unbeatable at the moment.....

jako - i think Proteas are always strong. But they are chokers.

Noway they going to win this cup, i see srilanka strongest team here. with their super bowling.

--------------------

I think enough of t20 cricket , its not fun anymore. More over without sachin and sehwag. Indian team is too boring!!!!!

Nah,i mean,windies is surely in the semis and sa is already one step there.....chances for india are small,i feel........btw,yeah its boring without them but yuvi is surely making for them.......

I don’t know what to say to Pakistan team and team management. Salman Butt should not be given another chance in the tournament (I hope we get matches after super eight). Afridi should be sent as an opener he won’t do anything lower down the order. Ahmed shehzad should play at number 3. Fawad Alam should be promoted up the order.

Again so many experiments to do now coz we have nothing to lose.

What do they think Fawad Alam is? If they think he is a bowler than why he was not given the ball?? And if they think that he is a batsman than why was he send at number 7???? This shows the knowledge of team management.

Last edited:
What do they Fawad Alam is? If they think he is a bowler than he was not given the ball?? And if they think that he is a batsman than why was he send at number 7???? This shows the knowledge of team management.

no knowledge and no leadership = no management! after all when your captain says the tournament is "Fun" like in WWF(E), on can see his state-of-mind!

Back
Top Bottom