What's new

Pakistan will get 34 T37 from Turkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
r

request name change to admin and change your avatar from profile same as you chose your current one
i change it my real name is Guru so while visiting forum i like guru dutt id so i choose one and approved. where is admin section to request name change.

Anyone discover Jana ji ?????

@Irfan Baloch Sir this is double engine plane pretty much indicating change in PAF doctrine
Hey it makes sense now,PAF is getting Twin engine trainer Aircraft to train its pilots for the Su-35 Russian twin engine Fighter.

T37 or T38? Tell us official. I think they will give PAF all of the now but of one type which is still unknown.

Better us and then doing the SBs for the Rainbow fittings.

T37 or T38? Tell us official. I think they will give PAF all of the now but of one type which is still unknown.

Turkey to gift Pakistan 34 T-38 jet trainers

Building congenial relations, Turkey will gift Pakistan 34 jet trainers. The Northrop T-38 Talon is a two-seat, twin-engine supersonic jet trainer and it is considered to be the first supersonic trainer.

The T-38 remains serving till now in air force across the world. The move was put across by Turkish Commander of Air force General Abidin Unal to his counterpart in Pakistan Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman during their recent meeting.

The planes are expected to be handed over to Pakistan by the end of this year. According to top sources of Pakistan Air Force (PAF), the supply of 34 planes will lessen financial burden on the PAF and the planes will gratify the PAF needs at least for the upcoming decade.

T-38 is an advanced Turkish Air Force T-38A having full glass cockpit and avionics, modernized by Turkish Aerospace Industries under the project. Currently, the US Air Force is also having T-38M widely and almost 50,000 pilots have been trained on this type of plane.

The cost of one plane is $5.879 million as it is a US made sky runner that is being used across the world including Nasa.

According to the sources, Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman would be visiting Turkey to receive the planes from the Turkish Air Force.

Turkey to gift Pakistan 34 T-38 jet trainers | The News Teller

Turkey to gift Pakistan 34 T-38 jet trainers

Building congenial relations, Turkey will gift Pakistan 34 jet trainers. The Northrop T-38 Talon is a two-seat, twin-engine supersonic jet trainer and it is considered to be the first supersonic trainer.

The T-38 remains serving till now in air force across the world. The move was put across by Turkish Commander of Air force General Abidin Unal to his counterpart in Pakistan Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman during their recent meeting.

The planes are expected to be handed over to Pakistan by the end of this year. According to top sources of Pakistan Air Force (PAF), the supply of 34 planes will lessen financial burden on the PAF and the planes will gratify the PAF needs at least for the upcoming decade.

T-38 is an advanced Turkish Air Force T-38A having full glass cockpit and avionics, modernized by Turkish Aerospace Industries under the project. Currently, the US Air Force is also having T-38M widely and almost 50,000 pilots have been trained on this type of plane.

The cost of one plane is $5.879 million as it is a US made sky runner that is being used across the world including Nasa.

According to the sources, Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman would be visiting Turkey to receive the planes from the Turkish Air Force.

Turkey to gift Pakistan 34 T-38 jet trainers | The News Teller
So why not PAF ask for the remaining T-37s and T-38s to be handed over to PAF by the end of this year. As there is a good possibility that Turkey might go for TA-50 and about 100 of them.

So why not PAF ask for the remaining T-37s and T-38s to be handed over to PAF by the end of this year. As there is a good possibility that Turkey might go for TA-50 and about 100 of them.
As far i know we have only 68 units of T 38 A Talon.55 of them are modernized to T 38M.
We wait for several years for F-35 multi role jets.We ordered 111 of them.
If these jets arrive we will retire 69 units of our F-4 2020's.
Our basic Airforce jet training begins with 40 hours (40 hours/35sortie with F/NF-5A/B jets) and 85 hours (85 hours/70 sortie with F4 2020 Jets) which means 6 months of training.
There is a strong possibility that the F4 2020's will be used for trainig after the arrival of the F-35's.
Also bethween 2023-2025 our national jet program TFX will be ready and the double engine TFX will replace our F-16's in our inventory (293 units).

its an advanced jet trainer. similar to L-15 from China . its sale was rumoured for Pakistan.
if this change of mind has really happened then hopefully it translates into the acquisition of a missile truck like J-11 from China.
Perhaps now those funds could help towards the purchase of Su-35s, that's if latest reports turn out to be true.

Somebody was mentioning that it is T-37s and Pakistani Consulate in Turkey confirmed it. I wonder why is this T-38s being mentioned everywhere. o_O

Somebody was mentioning that it is T-37s and Pakistani Consulate in Turkey confirmed it. I wonder why is this T-38s being mentioned everywhere. o_O
Mention before in my post T37s parked in storage , since 2000. Turkey is giving those retired planes to Pakistan. Turkey TAI recently recently upgrade T38.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom