What's new

Pakistan was created on the basis of group nationalism and not religion

A potentially great thread already shot to sh*t by Indians who more interested in their own baggage than discussing the issues of the thread -- damn shame

Islam expect every Muslim to do this duty, and if we realise our responsibility time will come soon when we shall justify ourselves worthy of a glorious past.

Pakistan not only means freedom and independence but the Muslim Ideology which has to be preserved, which has come to us as a precious gift and treasure and which, we hope other will share with us.

We should have a State in which we could live and breathe as free men and which we could develop according to our own lights and culture and where principles of Islamic social justice could find free play.

You have to stand guard over the development and maintenance of Islamic democracy, Islamic social justice and the equality of manhood in your own native soil.
Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Read more: Muhammad Ali Jinnah Quotes - BrainyQuote

Its pretty clear from the above few quotes and there must be plenty more ,that islam was the foundation of pakistan.

63 years and we are still discussing what was the ideology behind creation of Pakistan?

If Pakistan has to progress, you guys need to decide what should be the ideology of Pakistan in the future, not what happened in the past.

Just my 2 cents.

Sir,
Its not about discussing what was the ideology.

The indian media shows the world that pakistan is just a breakaway part of india, and that we dont have any identity. All the indian media says pakistan was founded on religious lines but that is absolutely wrong, If that was the case then 20 pakistan should have been created because muslims were scattered all over india and not in just specific geographic region.

Allama iqbal had stated clearly that people of north west british india were different from indians and should be separated so that they can preserve their culture, customs and religion. Note he is not including bengal because bengalis are indias according to him

Chaudhry Rehmat Ali wanted 7 independent muslim countries called commonwealth of pak nations to be created all over india but Jinnah did'nt support him

I'm interested to know some things, and let me take this opportunity to ask you them:

Are you a Bhaaratya nationalist? Does this mean everything Bhaarat does is right e.g. if it wars with say China and its position is wrong, you will not fight alongside the PLA against it?

I believe you will find your answer on this thread:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-club/97196-you-blind-nationalist.html

And just for clarification, no, I'm not a blind nationalist.

PAKistan was a British conspiracy against hindus....muuuuahahaha....

India has a huge Muslim population who opted to stay with India and today look at their plight.

one of the reason for creation of Pakistan was economic uplift of Muslims along with other factors.

Jana at one end you guys declare that muslims rules India for 1000 years, then what was the reason that muslims in India were left in hand in mouth condition?
The reason is elite muslim class left India and the uneducated and low class muslims mainly labourers were left stranded over here. So you cant justify economic upliftment of muslim a reason viz a viz condition of muslims in India.
Indian policy is doing hard to bring them back in main stream, that hard that its giving right wing politicians to raise voice and crying of partiality. They wii surely do well in coming times.

India has a huge Muslim population who opted to stay with India and today look at their plight.

one of the reason for creation of Pakistan was economic uplift of Muslims along with other factors.

if you look at both side indian muslims live a far better life.

It is pretty unfair to compare the economic conditions of Pakistani Muslims with Indian Muslims.

Pakistan was formed by rich Muslim Zamindars who wanted a land to govern for themselves. During the partition, it was mostly the rich Muslims of India who went to Pakistan while the poor ones of UP, Bihar etc. stayed in India.

As a politician, Jinnah of course attempted to speak in a language that was comprehensible to his constituency. Hence he spoke of the Islamic principles of equality, fraternity and justice and claimed that democracy was ingrained in Islamic theory and practice. Yet, as a statesman, he ensured that references to Islam were kept out of resolutions and constitutional documents. So long as he was alive, the first president of the constituent assembly did not allow a single move to Islamise the then largest Muslim country in the world.

That should allow reasonable persons to reject the Napakistan of Maududi and Zia ul Haq, and support Jinnah's Pakistan, where not just Islam not just Muslims but all citizens, regardless of religion, caste, classs are free and equal before the law, where an individuals confession is his or her concern not of the state.

I think there are deeper philosophical issues in what you've dug up than simple economic or social plight.

Individuals and nations /groups of individuals are treated by Nature differently, so I've been able to understand. Individuals are dealt an easy hand, and nations are punished in this very life since the next life is individual. I know we can't say a certain person is or not a Muslim, but can we say this for a nation once they as a nation decide on something clearly tangential? Indian Muslims' majority today is very Indian and from what I've heard their new religions are democracy ans secularism. Can we still quote their example as that of a Muslim Community?

Clearly unless you're frothing at the mouth about Islam you are not a real muslim, at least to those who seek to create a utopian Islamican nightmare out of Pakistan

that is what happens when fate of a country is given in One hand !!

Clearly unless you're frothing at the mouth about Islam you are not a real muslim, at least to those who seek to create a utopian Islamican nightmare out of Pakistan

Who would those be? Never heard of them. If you're referring tot he TTP then it's going to be a Pashtunican nightmare or sweet dream, depending on your POV.

I thought when you frothed at the mouth about Islam it meant you were a Messianic Evangelist! Muslims are supposed to be 'average' about everything, if you wish to avoid the current term moderate. We are the ummatul wast - the middle nation.

Jana at one end you guys declare that muslims rules India for 1000 years, then what was the reason that muslims in India were left in hand in mouth condition?
The reason is elite muslim class left India and the uneducated and low class muslims mainly labourers were left stranded over here. So you cant justify economic upliftment of muslim a reason viz a viz condition of muslims in India.
Indian policy is doing hard to bring them back in main stream, that hard that its giving right wing politicians to raise voice and crying of partiality. They wii surely do well in coming times.

:) The Muslim rule by outsiders over princely states in subcontinent was driven by expansionism whereas Pakistan was created for securing say of Muslims and some future for them. the non-native invaders were not here for uplifting plight of native Muslims why they would have done that.

BTW let me study and tell you then if they had done anything for local Muslims or not.

It is pretty unfair to compare the economic conditions of Pakistani Muslims with Indian Muslims.

Pakistan was formed by rich Muslim Zamindars who wanted a land to govern for themselves. During the partition, it was mostly the rich Muslims of India who went to Pakistan while the poor ones of UP, Bihar etc. stayed in India.

this ploy of rich zamindar phrase is often used by bharatis to wield their propaganda against creation of Pakistan.

give me statistics how many rich Muslims migrated to Pakistan. the neutral history says something else. millions of poor and even rich Muslims left their belongings in areas now under india, when they migrated to pakistan. many lost their properties while some cunning ones grabbed large properties here although they had left nothing back in India.

When Pakistan was created we had nothing no offices no equipments and no wealth. we started from scratches.

Back
Top Bottom