What's new

Pakistan wants to fortify bond with Bangladesh: Imran Khan

Things are very slow. As usual, lazy diplomacy from Pakistan. Nobody paid attention to fix this terrible part of us. When I see Modi still being invited at Bangladesh national day, and Pakistan just chirping about good relationships. That's not gonna happen. West Pakistan showed incompetence and badly managed the East Pakistan situation. Pakistan should go aggressive.

Good memories of Bangladesh from his cricket days still with him. He feels for Bd and wants to rebuild lost relation but it looks like ghost of 71 not going to leave us any time soon.
How can ''ghost of 71'' will leave Bangladesh when it's landscape is dotted with hundreds of killing field and many monuments and museums dedicated to their memories? Don't you know, all the big educational institutes in Bangladesh contain killing fields and monuments? Can we erase those? Can Bangladeshi people erase the bitter history of 1947-1971? I don't think so. Even if Awami League lost power someday, these things will lives on and hinder any genuine friendship between these two nations. Our civil societies, academician, poets, novelists, singers, university professors, journalists and a big part of educated youth will never forgive an unapologetic, unremorseful denier Pakistan. How can they forget the sheer hatred and savagery of 14th December, 1971 intellectual killing? Whose only aim was to intellectually cripple the would be nation! Can you find any such parallel in the world history?

So, blaming only Awami League for the frosty relations is not right. Pakistan has to take some responsibility for it's bad past. But given how much Pakistanis are arrogant and boastful and their tendency to ridicule and insult Bangladesh under slightest disagreement, I don't think it is possible anytime soon. So forget about any genuine reconciliation between these two nations. Normal diplomatic and trade relations are enough.

Things are very slow. As usual, lazy diplomacy from Pakistan. Nobody paid attention to fix this terrible part of us. When I see Modi still being invited at Bangladesh national day, and Pakistan just chirping about good relationships. That's not gonna happen. West Pakistan showed incompetence and badly managed the East Pakistan situation. Pakistan should go aggressive.
Pakistan is not an aggressive nation when it comes to diplomatic ties. We sit back and let things move forward at our own expense.

so
BD people do not utter a word about '71, infact the Bangladeshis are not your typical nationalists, It's called Awami League and their victim card and emotional games at play here.
tell me what an ordinary bangladeshi feels about relations with Pakistan?

Lol people in this thread talking about relations with either India or Pakistan

I'm over here just wanting a developed Bangladesh :meeting:

How can ''ghost of 71'' will leave Bangladesh when it's landscape is dotted with hundreds of killing field and many monuments and museums dedicated to their memories? Don't you know, all the big educational institutes in Bangladesh contain killing fields and monuments? Can we erase those? Can Bangladeshi people erase the bitter history of 1947-1971? I don't think so. Even if Awami League lost power someday, these things will lives on and hinder any genuine friendship between these two nations. Our civil societies, academician, poets, novelists, singers, university professors, journalists and a big part of educated youth will never forgive an unapologetic, unremorseful denier Pakistan. How can they forget the sheer hatred and savagery of 14th December, 1971 intellectual killing? Whose only aim was to intellectually cripple the would be nation! Can you find any such parallel in the world history?

So, blaming only Awami League for the frosty relations is not right. Pakistan has to take some responsibility for it's bad past. But given how much Pakistanis are arrogant and boastful and their tendency to ridicule and insult Bangladesh under slightest disagreement, I don't think it is possible anytime soon. So forget about any genuine reconciliation between these two nations. Normal diplomatic and trade relations are enough.
Wont matter the day awami league loses power. India will invade within 10 years of that to take management of the country.

India created BD to serve purpose of subserviance or become an official state of indian. Not more not less.

End of the day. The people of BD only has one choice. Either its indian occupation or forget the past and work with pak and china against indian terrorism

Wont matter the day awami league loses power. India will invade within 10 years of that to take management of the country.

India created BD to serve purpose of subserviance or become an official state of indian. Not more not less.

End of the day. The people of BD only has one choice. Either its indian occupation or forget the past and work with pak and china against indian terrorism
Doubt they have any control over their country.

Doubt they have any control over their country.
Wont matter. An assertive BD india will not tolerate. I appreciate IK sentiment. But the truth is that india will invade BD long before such alliance with pak take place
No perfect dimomacy. Going by current trends.

You are right..

Bangladesh - Pakistan relationship will never get better because the husband(India) won't allow wife(bangladesh) to be at good terms with its ex Husband(Pakistan) unless the current husband is at good terms with the ex husband.

Pakistani leadership is beating a dead horse.

Fake monuments and fake stories repeated ad infinatum becomes reality.

No apology ever to the traitors. Go serve your hindu masters and name everything Banghabandu.

You are right..

Bangladesh - Pakistan relationship will never get better because the husband(India) won't allow wife(bangladesh) to be at good terms with its ex Husband(Pakistan) unless the current husband is at good terms with the ex husband.

Pakistani leadership is beating a dead horse.

Fake monuments and fake stories repeated ad infinatum becomes reality.

No apology ever to the traitors. Go serve your hindu masters and name everything Banghabandu.
Err no

What i meant is survival will force BD to seek closer ties with PAK.

1971 or pre 1971 issues wont matter.

Survival takes precedence over all emotions.

Err no

What i meant is survival will force BD to seek closer ties with PAK.

1971 or pre 1971 issues wont matter.

Survival takes precedence over all emotions.

Survival..?

Pakistan is very far from Bangladesh.. How will Bangladesh's chance of survival will increase with a relationship with Pak ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom