What's new

Pakistan wants to fortify bond with Bangladesh: Imran Khan

Idk maybe China will think of helping too ?

China will not put its forces to protect Bangladesh. Even Pakistan don't think China can be trusted entirely with our defense.... Nobody can protect you except yourself. We have learned this lesson from both China and US in our wars with India and civil war in 1971.

China will not put its forces to protect Bangladesh. Even Pakistan don't think China can be trusted entirely with our defense.... Nobody can protect you except yourself. We have learned this lesson from both China and US in our wars with India and civil war in 1971.

Well we wanna protect ourselves but India's influence ain't gonna allow that

Well we wanna protect ourselves but India's influence ain't gonna allow that

Your best bet was not the division in 1971 and getting nuclear umbrella jointly. Now its all in the past and a moot point.

I don't think Bangladesh has any other option besides being subservient to Indian interest and demands and I can't fault you or any Bangladeshis for that because this was the path chosen by your leadership and ancestors.

Your best bet was not the division in 1971 and getting nuclear umbrella jointly. Now its all in the past and a moot point.

I don't think Bangladesh has any other option besides being subservient to Indian interest and demands and I can't fault you or any Bangladeshis for that because this was the path chosen by your leadership and ancestors.
Surely there is strategic advantage for PAk.

Otherwise IK wont be wasting time.

I wouldn’t worry. Pakistan and bd will eventually become allies. India is existential threat to a Bengali state... it also helps both countries are in Chinese camp, when eventuality plays out... pro US india will try to strong arm bd under it and that’s exactly when war will break out. India will have to fight a 3 front war then and only way India would win is if they match industrial might of the Chinese which I don’t see happening since hinduvta ideology revolves around reminiscing in the past

I mean we have a nationalistic youth who will probably replace this pro India government in the near future , with the rising Chinese influence India's hopes are gone

Imran Khan as usual is wasting his energies in wrong places. Many tried and rattled this fruitless tree for decades. Now especially with Haseena at helm if is a lost cause. Better divert our energies elsewhere.

Pakistan wants to fortify bond with Bangladesh: Imran Khan

Prothom Alo English Desk
Dhaka
Published: 26 Mar 2021, 11:23

Pakistani prime minister Imran Khan

Pakistani prime minister Imran KhanReuters File Photo

Pakistan prime minister Imran Khan Friday extended felicitations to Bangladesh on the 50th anniversary of the country’s independence, saying Pakistan would like to fortify its existing bonds with Bangladesh, reports BSS.

“We would like to fortify our existing bonds with brotherly Bangladesh and build new ones for our succeeding generations, as we believe the destinies of our two peoples are intertwined,” he said in a written message to prime minister Sheikh Hasina.

The message read out by charge d’ Affairs of Pakistan high commission in Dhaka Kashif Jameel was screened at the concluding ceremony of the 10-day special programme at the national parade ground marking the birth centenary of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and the golden jubilee of the country’s independence.

Imran Khan

President M Abdul Hamid addressed the function as the chief guest while Indian prime minister Narendra Modi addressed it as the guest of honor with prime minister Sheikh Hasina in the chair.

Imran said the centenary events to commemorate Bangladesh’s Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman are reflective of the deep affection and esteem.

Noting that Pakistan deeply values its fraternal ties with Bangladesh, which are based on shared history, common faith and convergent interests in promoting lasting peace and security as well as sustainable prosperity in our region and beyond, he said, “On this occasion, let us renew our resolve to jointly work for better future for our peoples and even closer ties between our two countries”.

Inviting his Bangladeshi counterpart to visit Pakistan, Imran said, “To take our deepening relationship forward, I also extend a cordial invitation to your excellency to visit Pakistan at the earliest convenience. I am confident that this would open a new chapter in our fraternal relations”.

He conveyed his best wishes to Sheikh Hasina and wished her long life, health and happiness and the continued peace, progress and prosperity of the brotherly Bangladeshi people.

“Please accept, Excellency, the assurances of my highest consideration,” Imran said.

1971 is the year bangladesh gained it's independence. 1971 is ALSO the SAME year Imran Khan made his debut for the Pakistan cricket team. Put two and two together.

I wouldn’t worry. Pakistan and bd will eventually become allies. India is existential threat to a Bengali state... it also helps both countries are in Chinese camp, when eventuality plays out... pro US india will try to strong arm bd under it and that’s exactly when war will break out. India will have to fight a 3 front war then and only way India would win is if they match industrial might of the Chinese which I don’t see happening since hinduvta ideology revolves around reminiscing in the past
India will launch the first assult on BD. Softer target (0 risk) and will be excellent for PR to the hinduvta crowd.

Sadly the future for the people of BD is not too bright

Bd is the next Gaza or kashmir...

Modi XI is willingly making awami leagues situation worse.

Make its so bad, that Jamat comes to power. Label BD a terrorist state and invade in the name of law and order.

Presto Modi XI is an instant hero. Brought back a rebel province back to the fold.

BJP really is itching for a war. It needs a soft but muslim target. On paper BD fits the bill

India will launch the first assult on BD. Softer target (0 risk) and will be excellent for PR to the hinduvta crowd.

Make its so bad, that Jamat comes to power. Label BD a terrorist state and invade in the name of law and order.

Presto Modi XI is an instant hero. Brought back a rebel province back to the fold.

BJP really is itching for a war. It needs a soft but muslim target. On paper BD fits the bill

BD people are very aware

Not really. Not that simple at all. They had problems in 71, those same problems exist today if not worse and they’ve no solutions to effectively bypass these.
they can’t divert troops from kashmir, Sikkim or north east...
They’ll have to use troops from nearby bd, mobilization will ring bells in Pakistan and China.
they will have huge issues bypassing rivers even if they do with amphibious vehicles, even the worst ATGMS will pen through their armor and we have good stockpile of top of the line ATGMs that we build in last 15 years.
we will ofc not play conventionally thereby draining their resource and morale while also elongating the conflict
By the time they launch offensive in bd...
China would have launched in India and Pakistan would get itself involved too

People need to see Pakistani-Bangladeshi relations outside of the sphere of the '71 civil war. There is a lot of unfulfilled trade potential, we can work together to benefit each other.

Cold shoulders won't bring back the union of the past and apologies won't bring back the dead. Some politicians would like to draw political mileage from it all, but IK is not one of those people. He seems the long term benefit. We need to enhance trade ties in our region; Bangladesh is a part of that.

Back
Top Bottom