ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Pakistan wants to fortify bond with Bangladesh: Imran Khan

Prothom Alo English Desk
Dhaka
Published: 26 Mar 2021, 11:23

Pakistani prime minister Imran Khan

Pakistani prime minister Imran KhanReuters File Photo

Pakistan prime minister Imran Khan Friday extended felicitations to Bangladesh on the 50th anniversary of the country’s independence, saying Pakistan would like to fortify its existing bonds with Bangladesh, reports BSS.

“We would like to fortify our existing bonds with brotherly Bangladesh and build new ones for our succeeding generations, as we believe the destinies of our two peoples are intertwined,” he said in a written message to prime minister Sheikh Hasina.

The message read out by charge d’ Affairs of Pakistan high commission in Dhaka Kashif Jameel was screened at the concluding ceremony of the 10-day special programme at the national parade ground marking the birth centenary of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and the golden jubilee of the country’s independence.
On this occasion, let us renew our resolve to jointly work for better future for our peoples and even closer ties between our two countries
Imran Khan

President M Abdul Hamid addressed the function as the chief guest while Indian prime minister Narendra Modi addressed it as the guest of honor with prime minister Sheikh Hasina in the chair.

Imran said the centenary events to commemorate Bangladesh’s Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman are reflective of the deep affection and esteem.

Noting that Pakistan deeply values its fraternal ties with Bangladesh, which are based on shared history, common faith and convergent interests in promoting lasting peace and security as well as sustainable prosperity in our region and beyond, he said, “On this occasion, let us renew our resolve to jointly work for better future for our peoples and even closer ties between our two countries”.

Inviting his Bangladeshi counterpart to visit Pakistan, Imran said, “To take our deepening relationship forward, I also extend a cordial invitation to your excellency to visit Pakistan at the earliest convenience. I am confident that this would open a new chapter in our fraternal relations”.

He conveyed his best wishes to Sheikh Hasina and wished her long life, health and happiness and the continued peace, progress and prosperity of the brotherly Bangladeshi people.

“Please accept, Excellency, the assurances of my highest consideration,” Imran said.

No need for PMIK to try...so hard.

If they want friendship, great. If not - move on.

We know where B'desh's loyalties are or to whom.

I see no reason for us to push so hard, especially after they wanted us to publicly apologize for 1971..., earlier this year.

Bangladesh for official Pakistan apology for 1971 genocide

...and @Black_cats - What has this Topic got to do with Bangladesh Defense Forum?

By the way, do you ever comment on anything or do you just post these articles - in order to spread venom?

What..., just because you're hiding your Flags (Origin/Location) - we don't know who you are?!!

@The Eagle @waz

I don't really follow Bangla language based news so what's the rep on Prothom Alo

I see no reason for us to push so hard, especially after they wanted us to publicly apologize for 1971..., earlier this year.

...and @Black_cats - What has this Topic got to do with Bangladesh Defense Forum?

By the way, do you ever comment on anything or do you just post these articles - in order to spread venom?

What..., just because you're hiding your Flags (Origin/Location) - we don't know who you are?!!

@The Eagle @waz

If the news is credible, official and talks/meetings are actually in fruition then a post like this would be acceptable. Agree, tired of seeing this sh.

PM Khan is trying his utmost to forge ties with BD but it does not seem to be showing any fruitful results. Either he can continue or just accept reality and move along.

@The Eagle @waz

The aim is to have relations with the people and have some economic connections. Even enemies trade in the world. Also this hasina govt will not last forever, one day a pro Pakistan and anti india govt in Bangladesh may come, so in all scenarios, we should have good relations and try to connect with the people.

Bangladesh is actually doing what duffers in pakistani military and bearucracy did.
Bangladeshi people should move on and stop living in the past.

Bangladesh is actually doing what duffers in pakistani military and bearucracy did.
Bangladeshi people should move on and stop living in the past.

BD people do not utter a word about '71, infact the Bangladeshis are not your typical nationalists, It's called Awami League and their victim card and emotional games at play here.

Soft-Warning
and @Black_cats - What has this Topic got to do with Bangladesh Defense Forum?
This subforum is mostly used for non defence material and as a social platform. I am wondering you don't know it. And what's wrong with this thread? It's based on on of the mainstream media news in Bangladesh.

Also the daily star of Bangladesh published the same news .

However here is from The Dawn .

https://www.dawn.com/news/amp/1614664

and the letter from imran khan also came after the letter of Hasina on Pakistan day.

So this thread can be called the continuation of this thread.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/pm-hasina-bangladesh-pakistan-ties-have-immense-potential.705434/

I don't really follow Bangla language based news so what's the rep on Prothom Alo

If the news is credible, official and talks/meetings are actually in fruition then a post like this would be acceptable. Agree, tired of seeing this sh.

Last edited:
PM Khan is trying his utmost to forge ties with BD but it does not seem to be showing any fruitful results. Either he can continue or just accept reality and move along.

Good memories of Bangladesh from his cricket days still with him. He feels for Bd and wants to rebuild lost relation but it looks like ghost of 71 not going to leave us any time soon.

I have a feeling the endless harping on 1971 will be gone (with the practice of naming everything Bangabandhu) as soon as Hasina makes the exit politically. In fact I am 99% certain of it.

I have a feeling the endless harping on 1971 will be gone (with the practice of naming everything Bangabandhu) as soon as Hasina makes the exit politically. In fact I am 99% certain of it.
Cant really see it ever happening. India is a major player in the region and has certain amount of influence over BD.

Cant really see it ever happening. India is a major player in the region and has certain amount of influence over BD.

Well - Hasina can be controlled because she has the guilt about being provided shelter in India (Pranab Kaku's house) when they killed Sheikh's family.

Even new generation AL leaders don't have any of that guilt. How will India control them?

I think there is an even bigger player in Bangladesh, and its called China. India's influence in Bangladesh (regardless of Godi Media propaganda) is heavily on the wane.

These days to control anyone in Bangladesh, you need money and investments. China has it in spades while India has none.

Taka Lagey taka....felo kori makho tel....taka na thakley walaikum tafat.

End of story....

Well - Hasina can be controlled because she has the guilt about being provided shelter in India (Pranab Kaku's house) when they killed Sheikh's family.

Even new generation AL leaders don't have any of that guilt. How will India control them?

I think there is an even bigger player in Bangladesh, and its called China. India's influence in Bangladesh (regardless of Godi Media propaganda) is heavily on the wane.

These days to control anyone in Bangladesh, you need money and investments. China has it in spades while India has none.

Taka Lagey taka....felo kori makho tel....taka na thakley walaikum tafat.

End of story....
Could you translate the last line and a half? I have no idea what you have written.

Back
Top Bottom