What's new

Pakistan wants combat copters

Benny actually the thread is not abt if and why.... we need copters but we NEED and WANT copters and other equipment to destroy an enemy 44 countries NATO are tryin to kill since a decade and despite all the worlds state of the art weapons FAILED...Yet we with limited resources have destroyed in swat and FATA.

MODS>>>THE DISCUSSION IS MOVING TO SOME OTHER DIRECTION>>>LETS TALK ABT HELOS PLS. FULL STOP!

DISCUSS THE MERITS/DE-MERITS OF WOT IN ANOTHER THREAD!!!

LETS ALL GROW UP PLEASE!!!

Benny actually the thread is not abt if we need copters but we NEED and WANT copters and other equipment to destroy an enemy 44 countries NATO are tryin to kill since a decade and despite all the worlds state of the art weapons FAILED...Yet we with limited resources have destroyed in swat and FATA.

I agree with you completely. 2 days back there was a video in one of the threads about a documentary which shows the NATO and Pakistani offensive against these elements and how dangerous the whole operation is.

While NATO has got the advantage of supporting their troops by neutralizing the enemy by first giving an offensive move by copters while Pakistani forces were living dangerously by attacking the conventional way.

I have fully agreed that copters are indeed needed and its a necessity that this menace of terrorism should be wiped out from the region for the better of the world ( which includes India).

You guys carry on the discussion as i am not an expert in defense related things but i speak with commonsense.

Thanks

Well i had made up my mind to give a reply to all your point, but the highlighted part is more then enough to say what is happening in your mind and how much fantasy land you guys live in.

US boots in Pakistan ??

What wonders have they done inside Afghanistan, that they will come here to wipe out this menace. They can't control their own invaded land, and they will come here and control this side.

They can't even secure Kabul city, leave aside rest of Afghanistan, and they will come here.

They deploy 15,000 troops in one of the largest operations and declare victory after killing just 40-50 Taliban.

The NATO forces give Taliban money to not to attack their forces while they are deployed and once they are gone, the replacement forces get a bombing of their live and loose soldiers, why becoz they were not like the old forces who used to pay for their security.

Such forces are gonna come and attack the taliban on this side of the border.

Either you are really high on something today or in a great mood to joke around, buy threatening us that US boots are not in Pakistan and you should be thankful to that.

Go and advice your US friends to atleast recover some of the 80% land lost to Taliban inside Afghanistan, then come to Pakistan and try to take the less then 5% land under Taliban.

Indians for sure have an imagination & sorry can't show any appreciation for your or other Indian fellows intelligence, as for the highlighted part above and my reply is more then enough to show the other side of the intelligence you guys have.

US boots in Pakistan and we should be thankful for that it isn't. :rofl::rofl:

Unbelievable.

You and I both know the reason for this Taimi.

In Afghanistan the US is fighting the Taliban + Pakistan.

In Pakistan, Pakistan is fighting only the Taliban.

Plus your guys are fighting on their own land. The US forces are not. I am not a military person, but I think it does make a significant difference.

And please do not count your chickens before they have hatched.

I remember on the Waziristan thread last year discussing with luminaries such as S2 and Fatman sir about the approaching winter, and what it meant, and what happens post that.

It is 8 months hence Taimi. Have you wiped out the Taliban yet?

So till you do, you may bask in your small victories, but remember, like for and with the US, the war is still not won.

Cheers, Doc

I agree with you completely. 2 days back there was a video in one of the threads about a documentary which shows the NATO and Pakistani offensive against these elements and how dangerous the whole operation is.

While NATO has got the advantage of supporting their troops by neutralizing the enemy by first giving an offensive move by copters while Pakistani forces were living dangerously by attacking the conventional way.

I have fully agreed that copters are indeed needed and its a necessity that this menace of terrorism should be wiped out from the region for the better of the world ( which includes India).

You guys carry on the discussion as i am not an expert in defense related things but i speak with commonsense.

Thanks

A common sense which is rare coming from ................... and much appreciated.

Good analysis. :toast_sign:

8 months ago
swat/dir/buner/bajaur/khurram/khyber/orakzai/mhomand/swa/nwa was in control of TTP

8 months later
all clear except north orakzai/nwa

we're getting there!!!

cheers doc!

Pakistan wants combat copters
By Eli Lake
The Washington Times Online Edition
But the Pakistani wish list also includes equipment that is not traditionally associated with counterinsurgency or mountain warfare. The Pakistanis are also requesting M1A1 tanks and M113A3 armored personnel carriers, as well as air-defense missiles, such as the Stinger, the Javelin and the Hawk.

this part creats doubt about the crediability of the whole article.
PA is more then happy with its AlKhalids and APC programs. the planr is to go one step forward by starting AlKhalid II.
the APC program can also be further strengthened by collaboration with turkey then why attach the US Stiring to Army as well. i seriously doubt then any such miss adventure will be in minds of Military top brass!!

regards!

what if USA does not grant these copters ??

no ops in nwa - pure and simple!

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

PA is more then happy with its AlKhalids and APC programs. the planr is to go one step forward by starting AlKhalid II.
the APC program can also be further strengthened by collaboration with turkey then why attach the US Stiring to Army as well. i seriously doubt then any such miss adventure will be in minds of Military top brass!!

regards!

remember it is a 'wish list' only.

8 months ago
swat/dir/buner/bajaur/khurram/khyber/orakzai/mhomand/swa/nwa was in control of TTP

8 months later
all clear except north orakzai/nwa

we're getting there!!!

cheers doc!

Great news sir!

But I have just ONE question to ask you and I hope you will give me a proper non-Fatman reply (i.e. not an exclamation poined one liner :cheers:).

Q: Since the above in terms of results and time achieved in has demonstrated that the Pakistani forces are obviously so much better at tackling the Taliban than the US led NATO forces, would Pakistan as a close ally of the US and a "frontline country in the GWOT" as RescueRanger puts it, agree to fighting the Taliban in Afghanistan along with the US and the NATO forces and rooting out once and for all this scourge from the face of the Earth?

Cheers, Doc

You and I both know the reason for this Taimi.

In Afghanistan the US is fighting the Taliban + Pakistan.

In Pakistan, Pakistan is fighting only the Taliban.

Plus your guys are fighting on their own land. The US forces are not. I am not a military person, but I think it does make a significant difference.

And please do not count your chickens before they have hatched.

I remember on the Waziristan thread last year discussing with luminaries such as S2 and Fatman sir about the approaching winter, and what it meant, and what happens post that.

So till you do, you may bask in your small victories, but remember, like for and with the US, the war is still not won.

Cheers, Doc

US forces have spent 10 years occupying that land, they have best of the resources, intelligence, satellites, spy planes, reconnaissance assets, planes which can digitally map all of Afghanistan, and with all this, still 80% of Afghanistan is not under their control, even the major cities are not under their full control and watch and they can't even launch a large scale operation successfully. So it doesn't makes any difference, this land which you call ours, well we had no forces over there for decades and this land was as foreign to us, as it is for US in Afghanistan. But we have learned and know how to counter it, while the US doesn't.

And to you it may seem, US is fighting Pakistan also, in reality they are fighting the Afghan themselves only, if Pakistan gets into the game, do remember what happened to the Soviets.

We on the other hand are trying to safe guard our own interests, which unfortunately the US is not doing, and letting external players meddle in Pakistan by using the land of Afghanistan, that is where the main disagreement is. If US hears us out, we will heart them out too, but more then friendship of US, Pakistan has its own interests more dear.

And wiping out Taliban is out of the question till the border is not squeezed and those who run from here and intercepted there, to the contrary, when we launch operations, the US forces empty their posts on the border, which is already less then hundred compared to the 800+ which we are manning. They open up the border, empty their bases and the Taliban running away from this side are having a wonderful time over there and rearming and regrouping.

So till this double game is played out by US, we will also do our game and safe our interests, as US will go one day, and we will have to then face these people, so better we keep them as friends.

And also don't let the external players stuck their feet forever and be a nuisance for us later on.

regards!

APC program collaboration with turkey?:cheesy:

Have u forgotten
Talha?
Saad?
and there variants?
MRAP AL SIL SIL?
Armoured defenders etc???

Hey sir Taimi u deleted one of my posts by mistake i think? i didnt talk abt india or anything just abt our Tank programs, and APC programs...
Kindly retrieve it if u can...Thanks.

Great news sir!

But I have just ONE question to ask you and I hope you will give me a proper non-Fatman reply (i.e. not an exclamation poined one liner :cheers:).

Q: Since the above in terms of results and time achieved in has demonstrated that the Pakistani forces are obviously so much better at tackling the Taliban than the US led NATO forces, would Pakistan as a close ally of the US and a "frontline country in the GWOT" as RescueRanger puts it, agree to fighting the Taliban in Afghanistan along with the US and the NATO forces and rooting out once and for all this scourge from the face of the Earth?

Cheers, Doc

Why should we ?? Its their mess, they created the mess for us, we are clearing on this side of the border, they should do it on their side. Best they can do is coordinate their efforts, when we launch operation, they should atleast look after the other side of the border and when they do, we do the same or both launch operations simultaneously to have better results, but as per past practices, the US forces don't want such thing, it seems they want to keep this menace around and not finish it.

If they can't clean this mess with such high tech equipped forces, then the problem does not lies in their capability, rather it is their will, which is not strong enough to clear this menace, or in other words they really don't want to clean up this mess for obvious reasons.

Great news sir!

Cheers, Doc

the problem is i am fatman so how can i give a non-fatman answer?;)

let me ask you a question back?

would US and NATO as a close ally of Pakistan, a "frontline country in the GWOT" as RescueRanger puts it, agree to invite Pak forces in fighting the Taliban in Afghanistan and rooting out once and for all this scourge from the face of the Earth?;)

Q: Since the above in terms of results and time achieved in has demonstrated that the Pakistani forces are obviously so much better at tackling the Taliban than the US led NATO forces,

now you're talking !!! couldnt agree more!!!:cheers::pakistan:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom