What's new

Pakistan wants combat copters

But BB the US is not even considering our request for the Drones, the unmanned Helo becomes a completely different ballgame. Why would they even come close to providing us with that option.

It comes down to IF US is serious in combating Terror or not , if they are then they must Supply us with any equipment we may need as we have fielded more soldiers than they have.

well if they cannot give us than they should pay pakistan than we can buy from europe to but europe is not different from usa but atleast for now they can sell if we pay them

well if they cannot give us than they should pay pakistan than we can buy from europe to but europe is not different from usa but atleast for now they can sell if we pay them

if we seriously want to upgrade combat copter fleet Pakistan must put pressure on US a squadron or two of Cobras and then use military funds to get thme in tip-top condition. to add the power punch PA must opt for T-129 and/or WZ10. even one squadron will be enough when being backed up with a considerable force of cobras.
i dont think any sensibel person in military top brass would like to put main stay of aviation wing on USA by opting for any US machine. we must go for a combo.

regards!

Pakistan is putting pressure on the US for more helicopters, including AH-64D Apaches and Ch-47's. Right now US is pretty desperate for Pakistan to start an operation in North Wazirstan, thats also one of the reasons for their delaying the Kandahar operation.

Speaking to The Washington Times, Pakistani ambassador in Washington Husain Haqqani said the equipment was needed to take the war against al-Qaeda into the mountains bordering Afghanistan. He said Pakistan required new helicopter gunships, including the Apache-64-D, AH-1W, AH-6 and MD-530 Little Bird.

Haqqani said utility and cargo helicopters such as the UH-60 Black Hawk, the CH-47 D Chinook and the UH-1Y Huey would also be required. He pointed out that Pakistan only had eight second-hand Mi-17 transport helicopters at its disposal. Two separate demands were conveyed to Washington through public forums as American demands for an operation mounted

Origianll Posted By: FATMAN
remember it is a 'wish list' only
thats what it is sir,,
and i will like to add that this wish list is not some thing that is really required by the nation.
PA must be wise enough to minimize there dependence on US, atleast for main stream front line equipment.

yes we may seek help and equipment to strengthen numbers but there must be a front line article with no US strings!

regards!

T129 is a good option for PAF or WZ-10 because they are cheaper than other attack heli

I haven't heard any follow up on whether Pakistan will be getting any of the advanced Apaches but I wanted to know what members think of the A 10 Warhog.
Despite being an old platform, the A 10 C model is a robust grown support plane by US forces for the past 30 years. It's strong frame is built around a 30 mm type Gatling canon that fires uranium deleted shells that go through almost anything. The US has had great success with it in Afghanistan. Should not the US be urged to provide a squadron of these proven aricraft to Pakistan? I believe they would be a better strategic asset than the attack helicopters.

Please forgive my typo- the aircraft in question is called the Warthog A 10 C- is the latest incarnation of this venerable ground support plane.

A10 is awesome for close air support but we can't get it now!It was offered to us 20 3 decades ago and we rejected it .

Please forgive my typo- the aircraft in question is called the Warthog A 10 C- is the latest incarnation of this venerable ground support plane.

Its decades old!It just upgraded and production lines r closed...We ordered F-16s instead of the hog which USA insisted!

Its not a wise idea to buy an old jet which has no future!n its airframes r just ancient!

A heli like apahce,T-129 is a wise decision.

We already operate a upgraded fleet of 54 cobras and super cobras r assured by US for Pak army.

Once again, we are hearing calls for more US equipment like super Cobra and Apache - great aircraft -- but friends think past the present troubles that have beset Pakistan -- US equipment comes with US strings, it always will, in other words US will define PA aviation needs, this imples a much deeper startegic relationship -- today there is a strong effort being made to coerse the Pakistani state against Iran, and trouble is also being made further in Central Asia by stoking ethnic feuds, Kashmir is on the boil - All this is preparation for the possiblity of a larger, regional conflict - would you really want a Pakistan tied to US ?? Would you really want a Pakistan that has no option but to continue to rely on the US for as important a weapon system as attack helicopters?

Some here have asked whether I have gone Anti-US, but I will say that I am one of the foremost supporters of close relations with US, but this relationship must have basis, must have foundation -- in no time the US will be even more anti-Pakistan than it already is - this will be a reflection of her internal political problems and her effort to muscle into Central Asia and South Asia, areas which it will challenege existing relationships (read the creation of armed hostilities)

Lets just think this through - we need and would like US attack helicopters, but not at any price, certainly not at the price of making Pakistan captive to US policy once again. Lets explore absolutely any option other than the US.

Perhaps in the future there may be a basis or foundation for the kind of relations we hoped we would have with US, but lets not hold our breath for that to come about - for such a thing to happen US will have to change internally and that's not going to happen with anything the PA aviation will be able to effect.

So muse wat do u say?

T-129 is still in development,WZ-10 > unknown,Europe again sanctions!
The only option left is either join wait for T-129 or start our own project which is not feasible!

So wat should we do?

Rajput

Russia makes excellent helicopters, the English, Italian and French do as well, and China is making strong progress -- Are attack helicopters and helicopters in general, a key system for PA aviation? if yes, then, why not do what we have done with the JF17, starting from infrastructure, specs, design and manufacture however limited, one has to start from somewhere.

What are the features we most want in helicopters that makes some suggest US equipment? Sensors, avionics -- US machines are not as hardy as machines/engines from Russia, for instance -- but we have to start from somewhere and it cannot be from the top.

A JV with Chinese, Russians and Italians/french mayh be agood and modest start - but big things have small beginnings, just look at JF17; today Saab are retooling their marketing because of the international interest in that ship.

Back
Top Bottom