What's new

Pakistan vs South Africa: 2 T20s, 5 ODIs & 2 Tests

You deserve this joy, brilliantly done
:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

hats off.............. i have got no words ...... to play in such a pressur cooker situation ...... some one needs guts ...and this cool person is full of guts .. simply mind blowing ......... it made me to jump on every six.........:victory::bounce::taz::victory::pakistan:

Pakistan must remove players' insecurity - Razzaq

Shortly after playing the "greatest innings" of his career, Pakistan allrounder Abdul Razzaq has urged the team management and administration to work towards removing the uncertainty players feel over their place in the team because such an atmosphere is counterproductive to Pakistan's success. Razzaq, who blitzed 109 off 72 balls to wrench the second ODI from South Africa's grasp in Abu Dhabi, said he too felt insecure about his spot in the side and that Pakistan had failed to maximise his potential over the years.

"I always play the match as if it is my last," Razzaq said. "If players have this constant fear hanging over them that they will fail and then be dropped then they will never be able to perform properly. Even I felt that if I didn't do anything in this game I would be dropped. This threat has to be removed from the team because it is not productive.

"Those guys who don't perform for a couple of matches, they shouldn't be dropped so quickly. They need to be encouraged and their morale needs to be boosted."

Razzaq launched his breathtaking assault against South Africa from No. 7 in the line-up, a position at which he's batted 81 times in his 245-ODI career. The remainder of his innings, however, has been spread over every position, from opener to No. 11. He's also not been a regular member of the ODI side, despite his match-turning potential, and was exiled for two years for his association with the unofficial Indian Cricket League.

"I think my talent has not been properly utilised both in batting and bowling, especially, my batting spot has never been permanent," Razzaq said. "I don't think I have been utilised properly over the last five or six years as a batsman."

Sunday's performance against South Africa was Razzaq's first fifty-plus score in over four years and his first century since September 2004. It was the third time in 2010, however, that Razzaq pulled off victory for Pakistan. In the previous two instances, he scored 46 off 18 balls in a Twenty20 international against England in Dubai, and 44 off 20 balls in an ODI at Lord's.

Razzaq hoped his century against South Africa would lift Pakistan cricket, which is reeling from spot-fixing allegations and poor on-field performances. "Every time there is a controversy or we lose one or two matches, people start to write us off, which is wrong," Razzaq said. "I would request the fans to please keep faith in us so that we can lift ourselves."

The ODI series between Pakistan and South Africa is level at 1-1 ahead of the third match on Tuesday in Dubai.

Pakistan news: Abdul Razzaq wants Pakistan to ease players' insecurity | Cricket News | Pakistan v South Africa | Cricinfo.com

This is what he said during press conference. Probably you v heard some thing twisted

well can anyone post the post match presentation party of the match becoz in our area today youtube is not working

just switched on TV , SA are 201/6 in 46 overs. Amla 108

BOWLED HIM!
RSA: 201-7
Botha on 15
Akhtar did dt
46.1 ovr
Powerplay 3

Botha bowled by Shoaib for 15 just a ball after getting a sharply rising ball on wiser. SA 204/7 in 47 overs

Morkal gone for 2, Wahab Riaz is wicket taker, He getting a very good reverse

SA 228/9 in 50 overs
Pak 229 to win
Great batting by Hashim Amla 119 not out
Akhter 3/39
Good job done by Pak bowlers

Would yo call a boy named Abdullah with Allah?
Stupid question?
Then stop calling AbdulWahab, with Wahab.
Same with all the names having Abdul!

now i hope our batsmen don't suck once again :cry:

Ladies and gentlemen, put your hands together for Hashim Amla who has produced a special innings against an inspired bowling attack, in tough conditions. He has made 119*. The second highest score is 26. That says the story. Younis Khan knows it is special, he runs across and congratulates Amla warmly on his way back.

I love Younis Khan for his this attitude

Bowler O M R W R.R
Abdul Razzaq 5 1 19 0 3.80
Wahab Riaz 10 1 46 1 4.60 (2w)
Saeed Ajmal 6 0 36 0 6.00
Shahid Afridi 10 0 53 2 5.30 (3w)
Mohd.Hafeez 9 0 34 2 3.77 (1w)

Batsman R B 4 6
HM Amla not out 119 126 9 0 94.44

JH Kallis b Shoaib Akhtar 0 9 0 0 0.00

CA Ingram c & b Shoaib Akhtar 4 8 0 0 50.00

AB de Villiers† st †Zulqarnain Haider b Shahid Afridi 19 40 1 0 47.50
JP Duminy c †Zulqarnain Haider b Mohammad Hafeez 26 38 0 0

DA Miller b Mohammad Hafeez 6 10 0 0 60.00

JA Morkel c Mohammad Hafeez b Shahid Afridi 19 39 1 0 48.71

J Botha* b Shoaib Akhtar 15 19 1 0 78.94

M Morkel c Fawad Alam b Wahab Riaz 2 7 0 0 28.57

J Theron run out (Saeed Ajmal/†Zulqarnain Haider) 5 5 0 0 100.00
Extras (lb 1, w 11, nb 1) 13

Total (9 wickets; 50 overs) 228 (4.56 runs per over)

afridi.jpg

Would yo call a boy named Abdullah with Allah?
Stupid question?
Then stop calling AbdulWahab, with Wahab.
Same with all the names having Abdul!

I think this is not an appropriate place for this discussion. Once pronounced as Al Wahab then it will be Allah's name

That was one of the biggest blunders of the Third Umpire :lol:
===============================
Shahid Afridi to de Villiers, OUT, This could be out, the third umpire called to check on a stumping appeal. Lovely bit of flight and turn from Afridi, who lands it on middle and off and snakes it past AB's uncertain prod outside off. The replay suggests not out. Wait a minute, the third umpire has said "Out"! Controversial stuff here, he seemed atleast two inches in when the bails came off. Smith in the dressing room throws his hands out and looks absolutely annoyed. Well, well! We need to look at that again, and maybe the 3rd umpire, Zameer Haider, needs to as well! The decision stays, AB is gone. Well, we have seen replays and that is a howler from the 3rd ump. AB's backfoot did come out, but he was well in when the bails came off. Even Fawad Alam, who was walking past AB as he headed back looked surprised with the call. AB just shrugged, looking clueless as he kept walking. Bizarre.

AB de Villiers st †Zulqarnain Haider b Shahid Afridi 19 (40b 1x4 0x6) SR: 47.50

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom