What's new

Pakistan vs India: WC Semifinal - March 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
are all these bookies indians? I have feeling that pakistani blowking attacks will destroy indians...let see and watch our lions ....

indian media is reacting as india has already won the world cup...poor guys

Rs 5,000 cr at stake in Mohali

Cops, IB on their toes as India-Pakistan semi-final clash is expected to rake in millions for bookmakers across both countries

An India-Pakistan match is almost always a big money-spinner, and a World Cup semi-final clash is as big as it gets. Bookies and punters across the country are gearing up to run a show that is estimated to rake in Rs 5,000 crore on the betting circle as India takes on Pakistan in the semi-final at Mohali on March 30.

Minutes after India's win over Australia in the quarter-final clash at Ahmedabad, bookies unable to predict a clear winner have rated both India and Pakistan at 90 paise to win the semi-final clash. "Both are strong teams. But the rates could reopen on Friday," informed a senior bookie.

Even as the police stepped up vigil, bookies fear that members of the Dawood Ibrahim gang could make a windfall from the turnover. Dawood's presence in Karachi could play a major role in the outcome of the match fear Mumbai bookies.

There are reasons to suspect that some of the bookies owing allegiance to the D Company may default under pressure from Dawood's henchmen. "The possibility of sauda fok is not ruled out if Pakistan loses the match against India,'' a senior bookie pointed out.

Joint Commissioner of Police (crime) Himanshu Roy on the other hand said his men are on alert looking out for bookies and punters. "We are trying to track them," remarked Roy.

Insiders informed that the India-Pak match is expected to bring a windfall to hawala operators across the sub-continent. A large number of high profile bookies from Pakistan are planning to 'cut' their bets through Dubai, which is the hub of illegal money transfers during the betting season.

Security threat

The seriousness of the terror threat to the World Cup final at Wankhede Stadium can be gauged from the fact that the Commissioner of Police Arup Patnaik is personally supervising security arrangements.

The first layer of security will comprise a mobile combat team of one sub-inspector and four men under the command of an Assistant Commissioner of Police. They will be armed with two AK-47 assault rifles, one Sten gun, two SLRs and five 9mm pistols.

The second layer will comprise 20 personnel from the Quick Response Team (QRT). Four special bulletproof vehicles commanded by a sub-inspector will also be positioned in the area.

QRT personnel will be equipped with bulletproof trucks (Maharakshaks). Each truck will have a complement of nine commandos and one officer.

IB Alert
The Intelligence Bureau (IB) issued a fresh directive to all police departments to look out for terror suspects who might enter the country through Wagah on the pretext of watching the India-Pakistan match at Mohali.
IB officials said they have reasons to suspect that a number of Pakistani spectators who came into the country to watch the cricket matches have not returned.

Bookie odds
India: Rs 1.90
Pakistan: Rs 4.70
Sri Lanka: Rs 5.20
New Zealand: Rs 7.50
England: Rs 12.50

Number Game

The number of seating capacity of the Mohali Stadium

No of visas that were to be issued to spectators from Pakistan

March 30
Day India will clash with Pakistan in the World Cup semi-final at Mohali

well if bookies are saying and Pakistani team is involved, it has to be true...

not true, sure any team can lose for money, but Pakistan would never do that AGAINST india, because when facing india, zameer n gharait comes into the scene

Why anyone should care about what bookies think? Only some stupid people invest there and lose their money. :argh:

india gonna loose this one:cry:

I second that, if we currently look at money in booking table and the ratio of money made highly in favor of india..It means india is gonna lose and the head bookers are gonna make Bigggg money..In end.,You never knowww

Ladbrokes has tipped India at 4/7 (win 57 paise on every rupee bet), while giving Pakistan an 11/8 chance. On Betfair, India is favoured at 1.58, Pakistan is at 2.68. Bet365.com too backs the hosts, giving them odds of 8/15 against Pakistan's 6/4.

I think these odds will still make for a exciting match. I personally know plenty of people with a good head on their shoulders, that would still play these odds if they felt there was an edge to be had.

its gonna be tough match. i think the game will mostly revolve around how well indian batsmen play pakistani spinners.

india has seen enough of umar gul. but i dont think most indian batsmen have seen enough of mohd hafeez and azmal.

My inner feeling also predict it's very less or no chance for India reach final:cry: :angry: :hitwall:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom