What's new

Pakistan vs India: WC Semifinal - March 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waqar and Intikhab Alam should make sure no new corruption scandal emerges... Sting reporters will try their best, now that the team is in India.

With Waqar as the coach, India should bring in Jadeja as a consultant, maybe just to bring in the fear of '96 again :P

Naa ker mughay mohtag kisi ka zamanay mai,
kemi kon si hai ya Rabb teray khazanay mai.

isha'Allah Pakistan will win:pakistan:

oh what a feast it will be.

I hope two of the most corrupt team will give up their hunger for money just for this one encounter.

----------------------------In the end its not just sports , its way more. ----------------------------- and no matter what people are saying india paksitan is a always 50-50 match.

India should beat Pakistan in semis: Ponting - Hindustan Times

Rubbishing the theory that it was an end of an era in Australian cricket, skipper Ricky Ponting said the superior Indian side they lost to in Thursday's World Cup quarterfinal should beat their arch-rivals Pakistan in the semifinals. Having lost to both India and Pakistan, Ponting said it was hard to pick between the two, but gave his vote to the co-hosts.

"It is hard to chose between the two teams. They have a very similar bowling attack but I think India will beat Pakistan in Mohali," said Ponting, after his side's five-wicket loss to India.

The Australian captain admitted losing to a better Indian team and felt they were 15-20 runs short of a winning total.

"Today we lost to a very good Indian team. I think we were some 15-20 runs short and we lost wickets at regular intervals. It forced us to delay taking the batting Powerplay. Our bowlers also gave away too many wides and fours," said Ponting.

"We needed more wickets in the middle of the innings. With 15 overs to go, it was touch and go, but Yuvraj and Raina played really well. It's disappointing to bow out, we are a better team than we have played."

Ponting said the loss doesn't indicate the end of an era in Australian cricket that saw them winning four World Cup titles, including two under his captaincy in 2003 and 2007.

"I refuse to believe that it is an end of an era of Australian cricket. It is too early to say," said an emotional Ponting.

Asked if he was the tragic hero of the loss, as he struck a century but couldn't stop his team from exiting the tournament, Ponting said: "I don't have an answer. But probably this is my last World Cup match and I am happy to have scored a century. I am not a stats man, but probably after I hang up by boots I will look into it."

"We came into the tournament with a lot of expectations. We found it difficult as the tournament progressed. It takes a couple of moments to change the course of the game, but we couldn't do that," he said.

On his pace spearhead Brett Lee, Ponting said: "Brett had a lot of expectations from this tournament. He walked into this team hoping to be a part of a World Cup winning squad. He would be shattered."

Cricket | ICC Cricket World Cup | "We are ready to take on Pakistan" | ESPNSTAR.com

MS Dhoni believes India are ready to take on Pakistan after edging Australia out in a high-pressure in the ICC Cricket World Cup quarter-finals on Thursday.

Chasing 261, India seemed to be in a spot of bother at 187-5 in the 38th over. However, Yuvraj Singh and Suresh Raina combined brilliantly to propel the team to a five-wicket win with 14 balls to spare at the packed Sardar Patel Stadium.

"We needed 70-odd runs and our last batting pair was at the crease," said Dhoni. "It basically meant if we played 50 overs with Yuvraj and Raina, we would make it.

"There was pressure but more than the technical or skill part, it was about managing the pressure."

With India running into Pakistan in the last-four, Dhoni said the pressure will only go up by several notches on his team.

"India v Pakistan in semi-finals - it doesn't get better. A World Cup hosted by the sub-continental nations and India and Pakistan making it to the semis.

"There will be more pressure on the Indian side and it will be from outside. People will say 'win the semis, we don't care about the final'.

"But the reality is every game is the same for us, irrespective of whether it is Australia or Pakistan. It is a big part and parcel of the game in India. It is a tough job but Indian cricketers have been managing this quite well."

Dhoni said the team opted to go for Raina ahead of the dropped Yusuf Pathan because he was technically more sound.

"Yusuf at number seven was going for runs, but Raina is technically more sound and we were keen on batting 50 overs. That's why we went with Raina, but we know Yusuf can be really dangerous."

Australian skipper Ricky Ponting, who made 104, credited Yuvraj and Raina for the win.

"We needed more wickets in the middle of the innings," he said. "With 15 overs to go, it was touch and go, but Yuvraj and Raina played really well. It's disappointing to bow out, we are a better team than we have played."

Yuvraj said he concentrated on playing the balls on merit rather than go for flashy shots.

"When Dhoni got out, I knew we still had Raina to come, and thought if we can add 40-odd runs, it would be good," said the burly left-hander.

"I was hitting the ball down the ground. I was batting on instinct. I knew that I have to stay till the end and win the match for the country.

"I have gone through a tough year, but coming into the World Cup, getting that 50 against England, it was good.

"As for this match, Ponting batted outstandingly but we chased well."

Mohali, Punjab, India weather and forecast

30th March
1.png

Hi: 34 °C
Lo: 18 °C

Oh what fun it would be to watch Indians getting beaten by Pakistanis in their home ground :P

do you even know a zilch about cricket between paksitan and india. i doubt in Slovakia they even play any cricket.

because if you did you wont be saying this - because india will win this match.

It would be tough day for Pakistan...Stadium would be Anti - Pakistan and would be against Pakistan Cricket team.

Atmospheric Conditions wouldnt be in PAKISTAN favor.

Even, if the day goes against PAKISTAN team ...I will still Love them when they come back. coz they have shown the way they played for the country pride.

oh what a feast it will be.

I hope two of the most corrupt team will give up their hunger for money just for this one encounter.

----------------------------In the end its not just sports , its way more. ----------------------------- and no matter what people are saying india paksitan is a always 50-50 match.

I dont this will happen now....
Both want to win....

But Yes, the environment (Crowd, ground , conditions) would be against PAKISTAN.

I dont feel hurt if Pakistan gets bad day.

You must not forget Mohali is very close to Pakistan and its pitches, we are also very much familiar with it[/QUOTE]

........hahahahhahah...............Mind plz Mohali is more closer to chandigarh....YV,s home town...

do you even know a zilch about cricket between paksitan and india. i doubt in Slovakia they even play any cricket.

because if you did you wont be saying this - because india will win this match.

lol I am just waiting for the drama that ensues after India loses the match. Now that will be interesting!

whats is the weakest link in paksitan ? because if they are nt best in one department .

i think one thing good about this Pakistani team is - they dont really lag behind in any specific deptt.

ol I am just waiting for the drama that ensues after India loses the match. Now that will be interesting!

what drama , if u had any idea about these coutnries , there will be bigger drama if india win. all the halabloo around the team will be unbearable.

but you are right - i think bulgaria will beat slovakia in final.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom