What's new

Pakistan Vs India [1965 War]

a4febc218429cd8dd7e082df4a58f8a5.jpg

Sargodha combat crews between the two wars. Aircraft L to R: F-104, Mirage-III, F-6 and RT-33.

the above plane is indian gnat which pak forced to land as it was on a mission in pak territory but like always failed

thanks for posting the pics i wil post some more soon no doubrt in 65 we kicked their buts hards :PakistanFlag:

Originally posted by Sidra@Oct 18 2005, 09:17 PM
the above plane is indian gnat which pak forced to land as it was on a mission in pak territory but like always failed

thanks for posting the pics i wil post some more soon no doubrt in 65 we kicked their buts hards :PakistanFlag:
[post=973]Quoted post[/post]​

Quite true at that time PAF and whole militray was superiour to the indians technology wise and we did kick some serious but thats in the past and its no more than history like a wise man once said no use diging up old graves its the present and the future we should be consurbed about. PAF as off right now is baised on old obsolete aircrafts such as F-7P A-5 and Mirages i feel sorry to say this but IAF as off right now is technoligically and numarically superiour not to mention they already have mig-29's Mirages-2000 Jag's and the su-30MKI i am not even mentioning the 126 MRCA( multirole combat aircarfts)contract if at this point and time war brakes out PAF would be at a major disadvantage and God forbit would suffer many looses so what i am tying to say is forget the past and lets look into the future coz there are a hell lot of challanges out there for us.....

<div class='bbimg'></div>

Reconnaissance operations in progress by the Indian Army

New Delhi&#39;s social workers apply tilak to jawans and tie rakhis around their wrists before they leave for war.

An Indian army patrol in the Rann of Kutch, on the Gujarat-Pak border.

Miro

An Indian Army convoy with supplies zigzags its way through the Hangroo Loops along the Srinagar-Leh Highway.

Lieutenant General Harbakhsh Singh listens keenly as Lieutenant General Bukhtiar Rana, Pakistan Army makes a point during post-war negotiations at Lahore. Officials from the United Nations walk right behind.

The Commanders of the War: General Joyanto Nath Chaudhuri, Chief of Army Staff (right) with Air Chief Marshal (later Marshal of the Air Force) Arjan Singh, Chief of Air Staff.

Miro

:blink: :blink: then how come u lost round abt 600 hundered tanks in chawinda and 145 were captured the biggest tank battle after world war 2 and how come u lost all of Rannof kuch how cone u canot capture Lahore when u attacked pak withoout any warning and how come only one company defeated ur birgade on brb canal how come u lost 109 planes in war where as we lost only 19 how come ur 513 soldiers were taken as pows and how come u lost wars in sindh and punjab and on all fronts u army suffered defeat and how come after indian attaacked pak on 6 SEPTEMBER after that on 12 septe,mber all of the fighting was fought with in the indian territory how come after 13September not even one Indians aircraft couraged to enter pak territory how come u lost control of posts and cities in kashmir like kotli hajipir panijtar aliabad etc how come u lost in kasur how come ur city of dawarka was destroyed by pak navy how come u lost 2 frigates how come ur army retreated beside defend in rajhistan how come ur Indians army cannot manage to defend ur historic town (name i forgot) after attacking lahore how come u were defeated twice in sialkot how come ur airbases in kashmir up and indian punjab were destroyed how come only once company defeated ur birgade in battle of rohiwalhow come 145 of ur tanks were capturedand lastlly why india ran to UN for a cease fire after which a ceasefire was arranged

miroslav requested to backup your claim;Please provide the link for story "visionhawk", thanx

secondly the only pic among the pics which u posted there is only one in which ur army is using a captured pakistani rocket launcher check out the things which ur army left and retreated u donot even take ur dead bodys ?

Originally posted by Best of the Best@Oct 26 2005, 02:20 AM
Quite true at that time PAF and whole militray was superiour to the indians technology wise and we did kick some serious but thats in the past and its no more than history like a wise man once said no use diging up old graves its the present and the future we should be consurbed about. PAF as off right now is baised on old obsolete aircrafts such as F-7P A-5 and Mirages i feel sorry to say this but IAF as off right now is technoligically and numarically superiour not to mention they already have mig-29&#39;s Mirages-2000 Jag&#39;s and the su-30MKI i am not even mentioning the 126 MRCA( multirole combat aircarfts)contract if at this point and time war brakes out PAF would be at a major disadvantage and God forbit would suffer many looses so what i am tying to say is forget the past and lets look into the future coz there are a hell lot of challanges out there for us.....
[post=1323]Quoted post[/post]​

exactly

Originally posted by VisionHawk@Nov 3 2005, 08:23 PM
:blink: :blink: then how come u lost round abt 600 hundered tanks in chawinda and 145 were captured the biggest tank battle after world war 2 and how come u lost all of Rannof kuch how cone u canot capture Lahore when u attacked pak withoout any warning and how come only one company defeated ur birgade on brb canal how come u lost 109 planes in war where as we lost only 19 how come ur 513 soldiers were taken as pows and how come u lost wars in sindh and punjab and on all fronts u army suffered defeat and how come after indian attaacked pak on 6 SEPTEMBER after that on 12 septe,mber all of the fighting was fought with in the indian territory how come after 13September not even one Indians aircraft couraged to enter pak territory how come u lost control of posts and cities in kashmir like kotli hajipir panijtar aliabad etc how come u lost in kasur how come ur city of dawarka was destroyed by pak navy how come u lost 2 frigates how come ur army retreated beside defend in rajhistan how come ur Indians army cannot manage to defend ur historic town (name i forgot) after attacking lahore how come u were defeated twice in sialkot how come ur airbases in kashmir up and indian punjab were destroyed how come only once company defeated ur birgade in battle of rohiwalhow come 145 of ur tanks were capturedand lastlly why india ran to UN for a cease fire after which a ceasefire was arranged
[post=2198]Quoted post[/post]​

Provide me some links otherwise consider that I am retaliating against your lies.

MODS please take a note.

Miro

You see the thing is that it is very to get a link for 1965 war due to very few articles being written on it and most of them are sided toward the Indian. I would prefer for Vision to put a link within 72 hours but if she doesn&#39;t then I wouldn&#39;t consider deleting the post due to lack of Pakistani sided 1965 war articles.

First upon all I would like to apologize to VisionHawk for my rude behaviour. I was unaware that you are a Girl.

Such behaviour with girls is not expected from me.

I am sorry.

Miro

Originally posted by VisionHawk@Nov 3 2005, 08:23 PM
[post=2198]Quoted post[/post]​

I am sorry Sugar,

But nothing is true from your post.

Let me enlighten you with the Tank Warfare first.[/B]

Introduction

The tank battles of 1965 took their place in annals of military history as the most intense ones ever, since World War II. Close to a thousand tanks, on both sides, took part in the pitch battles and offensives. At the start of the war, India had one armoured division and one independent armoured brigade, along with six armoured regiments supporting infantry divisions. Pakistan had two armoured divisions, equipped with the then very modern M-48 Patton tanks. India had an equivalent tank in the Centurion, but their strength was limited to only four armoured regiments. Some details of the various battles are given below.

Battle of Assal Uttar - 97 PA Tanks Captured

India had its largest haul of Pakistani tanks when the offensive of Pakistan&#39;s 1 Armoured Division was blunted at the Battle of Assal Uttar on September 10th. Six Pakistani Armoured Regiments took part in the battle, namely the 19 Lancers (Patton), 12 Cavalry (Chafee), 24 Cavalry (Patton) 4 Cavalry (Patton), 5 Horse (Patton) and 6 Lancers (Patton).

These were opposed by three Indian Armoured Regiments with inferior tanks, Deccan Horse (Sherman), 3 Cavalry (Centurion) and 8 Cavalry (AMX). The battle was so fierce and intense that at the end of the war, the Fourth Indian Division .a.k.a. "The Fighting Fourth" had captured about 97 tanks in destroyed / damaged or intact condition. This included 72 Patton tanks and 25 Chafees and Shermans. 32 of the 97 tanks, including 28 Pattons, were in running condition. Indian losses in Khem Karan were 32 tanks. Roughly about fifteen of them were captured by the Pakistan Army, mostly Sherman tanks.

Corps Area (Chawinda and Phillora) - 42 Tanks Captured

India had its 1st Armoured Division on the offensive in this area. Equipped with four Armoured Regiments, this Division faced opposition from the Pakistani 6th Armoured Division. Some of the fiercest tank battles were fought at Phillora and then at Chawinda. At the end of the fighting, India had claimed more than 170 tanks destroyed, of which 42 were captured in the I Corps area (11 of them intact, 31 of them in destroyed or damaged condition). India&#39;s own losses in the area were 29 tanks destroyed and another 41 damaged, that were repaired after the war.

Other Areas - 13 Tanks Captured

The fierce battles of 1965 were not limited to the Battles for Khem Karan, Phillora and Chawinda. Indian Forces fought Pakistani Armour in other sectors and got the better of them. The famous see-saw battle for the village of Dograi resulted in seven tanks falling into our hands on the night of September 22nd, just hours before the war ended.

At Chamb, a gallant EME Officer worked under the Pakistani artillery fire to retrieve an abandoned Walker Bulldog recce tank right under the noses of Pakistani troops. The following table gives a listing of the tanks captured in other areas. Indian losses at Chamb were severe. An entire squadron of AMX-13 tanks of the 20th Cavalry was lost in trying to stem an advance supported by a regiment of M-48 Pattons.

1965 War Summary - 152 tanks in total captured

By the end of the war, it was estimated that Pakistan lost nearly 300 tanks destroyed. India had more than 150 tanks in its hands as war trophies and it is not unsafe to assume that more tanks were destroyed, that were in Pakistani territory, both by army as well as air action. Indian losses were less than half at 128 tanks destroyed. About 40 tanks would have fell into Pakistani hands, most of them vintage AMX-13s from Chamb and Shermans from Khem Karan.

Now about your AF claims.

According to the Official IAF list we lost 18 Planes where as PAF claimed 35 Planes.

So even if you make a total of this then also the number is nowhere near 109.

Official IAF List

Even PAF COMBAT does not mention any number nearby 109.

Naval Warfare

The only thing PN could do is bomb Dwarka, since IN Vikrant was in refit there was nno aircover, besides Mumbai Naval Base (India&#39;s biggest and most important) is still untouched.

There was absolutely no naval warfare so dont know from where you (in your drams) is able to sink 2 Indian frigates.

I advise you to keep your emotions and hatred aside and do some proper research so that you can have a fair and healthy debate.

Thanks,

Miro

Originally posted by VisionHawk@Nov 3 2005, 03:27 PM
secondly the only pic among the pics which u posted there is only one in which ur army is using a captured pakistani rocket launcher check out the things which ur army left and retreated u donot even take ur dead bodys ?
[post=2199]Quoted post[/post]​
Provide link please. :)

ok i will provide some links or exact phrases from some books but sorry not now im busy for eid preparations :cheers:

for now peace and take care

Back
Top Bottom