What's new

Pakistan urgently need more helicopter, for disaster relief

im pretty sure if india offers its help then pak will surely accept it...

No we wont. The situation is not worst than 2005 earthquake. Also remember it is water and it keeps flowing. Right now it has entered Sindh the last province before Sea. Within 5-7 days the water shall be in sea and people shall start returning back. Then the reconstruction phas eshall commence which shall take time.

To all the Army and military haters, what are you doing on a DEFENCE forum anyway? Gupshup is that way --->

im pretty sure if india offers its help then pak will surely accept it...

Relief material yes but Helicopters you dont..because last time we offered our helicopters but you wanted your pilots to fly them because of it was sensitive area and we cant allow your pilots to fly it because of the sensitive instruments inside..cant blame any body for it.. :)

Last edited:
Relief material yes but Helicopters you dont..because last time we offered our helicopters but you wanted your pilots to fly them because of it was sensitive area and we cant allow your pilots to fly it because of the sensitive instruments inside..cant blame any body for it.. :)

What kind of sensitive equipment is there in a helicopter ??

What kind of sensitive equipment is there in a helicopter ??

Taimi i have no idea..you know me ,i am just a fan boy with no knowledge about defense equipments..i read it in some news paper about it at that time..The thing is that we dont trusted you to hand over the helicopter and you dont trusted us to fly it over your territory..

Taimi i have no idea..you know me ,i am just a fan boy with no knowledge about defense equipments..i read it in some news paper about it at that time..The thing is that we dont trusted you to hand over the helicopter and you dont trusted us to fly it over your territory..

its not about trust, its just that we dont want any indian military personnel on our soil......and im pretty sure its a same story with india!

this is why US is not sending its troops to pak, though they came to provide aid to earthquake victims..

To all the Army and military haters, what are you doing on a DEFENCE forum anyway? Gupshup is that way --->
On defence forums, you will find people who love their soldiers & workers but dislike their leaders.

It's nice to see our army helping, other countries rushing in help to Pakistan.
But at this time we as human beings need to help out too, give to charity during this humanitarian crisis.

Yaar Khuda kilye... aik helicopter banado. Just some multi-purpose helo doesn't have to be attack capable. Used to transport goods and civilians not for VVIP use.

We desperately needed helicopters after earthquake in northern Pakistan in 2005. We should have learned some lessons and ordered search and rescue helicopters. It has been five years and we are again desperately need of helicopters. Why don't Pakistan place orders for dual use helicopters that can also be used in natural disasters. I hope we don't see the same headline if there is another natural disaster in next few years. Helicopters can also be built in Pakistan under license.

Last edited:
I'll have to agree with Saad on a lot of his points.

The feudal landlords in Pakistan can and do get away with their crimes (whether its the horrendous abuse against land labourers, hoarding of agricultural produce, thug activities, crippling political corruption, strangling economic development, etc) they only get away with it because the military hasn't actually dealt with them nor their stranglehold. Furthermore, no dignified nation lets its citizens get blasted by unmanned aircraft; no true leader subordinates himself to the whims another's foreign policies; and no general lets his people fall victim to the things happening to Pakistanis today.

Take for example Mu'tasim, the Abbasid Caliph in the early 9th century...upon learning of the plight of one unnamed Muslim girl at the hands of the Byzantines, he led an army from Baghdad (the capital army no less) to rescue her! In fact, it was reported that he sent a letter to the Byzantine general stating "from the Amir of the Muslims to the dog of the Romans". And by no chance was Mu'tasim a saint, he was responsible for the brutal torture of many great scholars and intellectuals, including Imam Ahmad (rrh). He was no where close to the standard of piety and honour of the Prophet Muhammad (saw) or the Khulafah Rashidun...but he is thousands of leagues ahead of today's Muslim "leaders".

It took the cries of one violated girl to trigger a war...yet today we hear deafening silence when it comes to Dr. Afia Siddiqui, the girls in Iraq, Chechnya and now increasingly Kashmir! We are no where close to having a dignified military leadership...I support the sons of the Ummah, and I believe they deserve the best weapons and training...and I pray to Allah (swt) that they be guided...but the generals should either step up or step down.

One liner here: Thanks for appreciating my view!
:pakistan:

Its not about your defence forum! Its about our PAKISTAN!
Pakistan Armed Forces, free of corruption.
Pakistani politicians, free of corruption.

We do not hate an INSTITUTION rather we hate INDIVIDUALS who are running and ruining it!

I love the soldier who is on the border right now BUT I hate the corrupt general out there.

Last edited:
Can someone point to a news story or YouTube video of a Pakistani helicopter flying school?

And by the way, I really wanted to add something. It might be harsh but nonetheless its honest. You are just like Zardari, no?

He says that if you blame our government, you are a non stage actor. Similarly, you said "MILITARY HATERS" and you exploited our feelings by saying that. You SHOULD know very well by now that there is a difference between "Lance Saad on the border" and "Lt General Rescue RangeR" You knew very well that we were criticizing the top brass of PA not all of them though. So here comes my question! Are you making us fool and/or your relative is in the top brass of establishment? Belong to the same class?

For heaven sake, try to understand that by blaming a general does not mean that we are blaming a soldier on the border or an institution!

Did not want to be personal but as a TT you should know the difference!

This is for the people in general!
Someone told me (can't verify) that Zaid Hamid does not care about the corruption in PA because he thinks that this army will conquer the land of the lands. Similarly, many individuals here exploit our feeling by saying that if you blame Zardari, you are against democracy and if you blame a general you are against the army as an institution. Jesus, I was raised in an environment where people told us the difference between CM and an employe of provincial government.

I love my soldiers!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom