What's new

Pakistan urgently need more helicopter, for disaster relief

China unveils homemade AC313 large civilian helicopter

China's first domestically developed civilian helicopter has completed a successful maiden flight in Jingdezhen, in the eastern province of Jiangxi.

The heavy-lift AC313 helicopter, built by the state-owned Aviation Industry Corporation of China (Avic), can carry 27 passengers or up to 13.8 tonnes.

It is designed to be used for rescue missions in earthquakes, typhoons and other natural disasters.

It is the latest advance for the country's ambitious aerospace industry.

At last month's Singapore Air Show, Beijing unveiled the Comac C919 aircraft - China's answer to the Boeing 737 and Airbus A320, which should be available commercially by 2016.

The AC313 has a maximum range of 900km (560 miles), the state-run China Daily reported on its website.

Its test flight - broadcast live on China Central Television on Thursday - was hailed as a "breakthrough in domestic aviation technology", it added.

Source: BBC News - China unveils homemade AC313 large civilian helicopter

Posted this article when it first came out and I made the point that such an helicopter would have been a valuable asset during the 2005 earthquake.

Given this will also be displayed at the 2010 Zuhai Airshow I suggest the Pakistani delegation going make a few enquires or even an order!

Chinese-AC313.jpg

Source: BBC News - China unveils homemade AC313 large civilian helicopter

Posted this article when it first came out and I made the point that such an helicopter would have been a valuable asset during the 2005 earthquake.

Given this will also be displayed at the 2010 Zuhai Airshow I suggest the Pakistani delegation going make a few enquires or even an order!

Chinese-AC313.jpg

AC313 is a more evolved version of the Chinese Z-8 (French Super Frelon), has 3 P&W engines, much more composites and has the capacity to ferry 27-30 people.

It is a good option, incase we are having trouble in getting Mi-17s, as it can substitute it, and for now China is making it more better as time passes by, its going under certification and trials process.

We can look towards Chinese helicopters, as they have now some very good platforms in production as well as in future new models coming in with joint collaboration with western companies.

Z-9s are also a very good option, for troop transport as well as for an armed version for COIN as well as anti-tank role.

They are making the Z-15 in joint collaboration with the Eurocopter and it has also great potential as PLA might get them in numbers and we can benefit too, its a 16 person capacity heli.

China is even making the local version of the AS-350 as Z-11.

So lot of varieties coming from the Chinese.

AC313 is a more evolved version of the Chinese Z-8 (French Super Frelon), has 3 P&W engines, much more composites and has the capacity to ferry 27-30 people.

It is a good option, incase we are having trouble in getting Mi-17s, as it can substitute it, and for now China is making it more better as time passes by, its going under certification and trials process.

We can look towards Chinese helicopters, as they have now some very good platforms in production as well as in future new models coming in with joint collaboration with western companies.

Z-9s are also a very good option, for troop transport as well as for an armed version for COIN as well as anti-tank role.

They are making the Z-15 in joint collaboration with the Eurocopter and it has also great potential as PLA might get them in numbers and we can benefit too, its a 16 person capacity heli.

China is even making the local version of the AS-350 as Z-11.

So lot of varieties coming from the Chinese.

I think the AC313 could satisfy a heavy lift helicopter requirement for Pakistan and as a chinese product we could be assured security of supply. Only thing that bugs me about the AC313 is that although it carries more freight than a chinook it carries less passengers :what:

I'm personally leaning towards the AW149 for a medium lift helicopter as it has been offered for licence production in Turkey.

But given the number of varieties coming from the Chinese there are some excellent options.

Interesting........

China to focus attention on heavy-lift helicopters
March 16, 2010

China's Aviation Industry has announced its intention to develop its own heavy-lift helicopter.

At a press conference on March 11, Hang Zhang Biao, director of Industrial Science and Technology Committee of March 11 told reporters, "We must have our own heavy-lift helicopters.

"Heavy-lift helicopters are important for nation-building and promoting national economic development, they not be replaced with other means of transport role."

He pointed out that China's complex terrain, and having faced some of the world's worst natural disasters as well as public health, social security and other types of emergencies, that heavy-lift helicopters have played an important role.

Zhang Biao, cited the example of the Mil Mi-26s whose outstanding performance working on relief operations in the aftermath of the Wenchuan earthquake in 2008 attracted worldwide attention. Zhang Biao said such a programme would deliver political, economic benefits and 'safeguard our national security' and improve the air rescue system. It would also boost the opportunities for research and international cooperation.

He called for increased state investment in heavy-lift helicopters as soon as possible to start the development project, and urged the state to support heavy-lift helicopter development, like it is doing with the development of heavy-lift fixed wing aircraft.

Russia and China have already signed a joint venture agreement to develop new advanced heavy civil helicopters, but Zhang Biao says China needs to make breakthroughs in key technologies on its own.

A new Chinese heavy-lift helicopter would be used to tackle forest and urban fires, flying passengers and transporting freight, as well as counter terrorism and emergency rescue. At present the United States and Russia already have their own heavy-lift helicopters, Europe is developing its own heavy-lift helicopters.

In order to meet our national needs, to enhance China's comprehensive national strength, is imperative to develop heavy-lift helicopters.

China's helicopter industry after nearly 60 years of development, has successfully developed a 13-ton, four-ton, and two-ton helicopters, and is currently developing a seven-ton and one-ton helicopter.

Translated from AVIC Website

Source: China to focus attention on heavy-lift helicopters | Shephard Group

I think the AC313 could satisfy a heavy lift helicopter requirement for Pakistan and as a chinese product we could be assured security of supply. Only thing that bugs me about the AC313 is that although it carries more freight than a chinook it carries less passengers :what:

I'm personally leaning towards the AW149 for a medium lift helicopter as it has been offered for licence production in Turkey.

But given the number of varieties coming from the Chinese there are some excellent options.

Sir, AC-313 can take 4 (4,000KG) tonnes inside, while 5 (5,000) tonne capacity externally. AC313 has 3 P&W PT6A-67A engines with about 900kW power each, making it total to 1800kW.

While Chinook can have 10,000+KG load inside, meaning more then 10 tonne. It has 2 engines which produce 2,796kW power each. Two engines make it 5,592kW, hell of a power. And the newer F model have 3,500kW each engine.

So if my above observation is right, Chinook is the superior one in every aspect.

http://www.boeing.com/rotorcraft/military/ch47d/docs/CH-47F_overview.pdf

Sir, AC-313 can take 4 (4,000KG) tonnes inside, while 5 (5,000) tonne capacity externally. AC313 has 3 P&W PT6A-67A engines with about 900kW power each, making it total to 1800kW.

While Chinook can have 12,700KG load inside, meaning more then 12 tonne. It has 2 engines which produce 2,796kW power each. Two engines make it 5,592kW, hell of a power.

So if my above observation is right, Chinook is the superior one in every aspect.

Thanks for the correction the information I've read appears to be incorrect and this would make much more sense hence why it originally confused me.

Hey why don't you guys call of helos from the UN missions right now for disaster relief? We did. Plus, right now you need it more than peacekeeping. Extra helos could only mean better SAR management.

Back
Top Bottom