What's new

Pakistan UAVs News & Discussions

I wonder if Integrated Dynamics or Satuma will roll out a UAV in league of the IAI Heron or Turkish TIHA; something with a payload of 200-250kg?, etc.

Would be cool if the Pakistani industry one day (soon) began introducing stealthy UAVs similar to the South African Seraph (LINK), but with a internal payload of 4-6 air-to-ground missiles similar to Hellfire or even JAGM...imagine that thing ripping through Indian Airspace and firing AGMs at AWACS on the ground :D

Impressive!! :victory::yahoo::pakistan:

They should paint the ones which will go to the army in white or black, this color is not too good.:cheesy:

Impressive!!

They should paint the ones which will go to the army in white or black, this color is not too good.

It will be in 3 different Schemes i.e. Silver , Black & Blue.

Regards
Wilco

Wilco,

Thx for updating.

What about the Nishaan X (Janbaaz) UAV you mentioned a little while back? Did it get tested? Also I remember reading a while back that Pakistan was participating in the Turkish MALE project - was that a incorrect rumor, or is the collaboration still continuing?

What about the Nishaan X (Janbaaz) UAV you mentioned a little while back? Did it get tested?

Nishaan X (Janbaaz) will be tested in mid feb, it is in its finishing phase.

Also I remember reading a while back that Pakistan was participating in the Turkish MALE project - was that a incorrect rumor, or is the collaboration still continuing?
It is still Continuing.

Regards
Wilco

In the scope of Indigenous UAV (MALE) Development Project,

The Signing Ceremony concerning cooperation agreement between Turkey (TAI) and Pakistan (AWC),

The Contract Signing Ceremony between TAI and ASELSAN concerning ASELFLIR 300T payload,

The Contract Signing Ceremony between TAI and SAVRONİK concerning Data Link System, were done on May 23, 2007 during IDEF’07 Defense Industry Fair.

With aim of meeting the reconnaissance, surveillance and intelligence requirements of the Turkish Armed Forces in the scope of Strategic UAV, the signing ceremony between SSM and TAI concerning the leadership of TAI in the strategic UAV program was done on May 23, 2007 during IDEF’07 Defense Industry Fair.

UAV Projects Signature Ceremonies (May 23rd, 2007)

ISLAMABAD - Feb 26: Chief of Army Staff Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani being briefed on a locally developed Unmanned Aerial Vehicle on Tuesday.
Too aerodynamic and advance looking.

ISLAMABAD, Feb 26 (APP): Chief of Army Staff, General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani on Tuesday said Pakistan Army is fully capable of defeating any threat posed to the country’s security.Addressing Officers, Junior Commissioned Officers, Non Commissioned Officers and Jawans during his visit to a field area, Chief of Army Staff emphasized the need to remain fully committed to further enhancing their capability to meet the challenges effectively.
Earlier, Chief of Army Staff visited Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) Complex where he was briefed about the UAV System inducted in the Army. Chief of Army Staff witnessed the demonstration flight and appreciated the training standards achieved by the troops.
app - Pakistan Army fully capable to thwart threat to country’s security: COAS

Geo is reporting that pakistan has successfully tested a locally manufactured un-manned aerial vehicle (UAV).
CoAS Gen Kiyani witnessed the test

Indigenously made UAV makes successful test flight

ISLAMABAD, Mar 20 (APP): Pakistan on Thursday successfully conducted a final test flight of its indigenously developed Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) “Uqaab”, said an ISPR news release.

The Chief of Army Staff, General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, senior armed forces officers and scientists witnessed the test.

The flight data indicates that all design parameters have been successfully validated. The performance of Uqaab can be compared to any of modern state of the art UAV in its category. Today’s successful flight test was preceded by a series of trials in 2007.

The successful flight test is a reflection of Pakistan’s technical prowess in the field of UAV technology and a tribute to the dedication and professionalism of the scientists and engineers.

It also reflects Pakistan’s continued efforts for self reliance in the field of defence. The COAS congratulated the scientists and engineers on their outstanding success and said that they had shown their versatile capabilities by delivering on a new and complex technology of UAVs. This would go a long way in strengthening Pakistan’s defence.

Yeah i heard the news as well.

Looks like we are getting pretty good at making UAVs, now i think the next step would be to make something with capabilities matching the US Predator.

If i am not wrong. Uqaab is basically Eagle UAV which has been enhanced and had some work going on for a while.

Back
Top Bottom