What's new

Pakistan - Turkey (PAC-TAI) Collaboration for NGFA-TFX 5th Gen Aircraft l Updates, News & Discussion

My assumptions:
  • Pak does the defense procurement and cooperation jobs without much fanfare and public knowledge for her finances, technological bases, external relations etc. are extremely opaque.
  • Pak's explicit involvement would raise unnecessary eye brows in the Western capitals, especially DC.
  • Pak has her own FGF project called AZM.
  • Pak loves to maintain secrecy and produce surprises.
  • Pak acts as a reaction to India's action.
  • Etc.
I think Pakistan is connected with tfx program

But it's kept out of limelight

To avoid unwanted attention
Many news articles came of both countries co-op on advance aerospace programs

IMO Simply yes. In Pakistan's perspective, no domestic engine = no TFX fighter.
Hi beside the engine issue if Indians are waiting for fifth generation Pakistan can wait too till TFX otherwise no choice but to for for J/31/35 as it’s not too far from operational point of view
thank you

Something same which we did in case of Jf-17

Personally, I wouldn’t mind that. We get workshare, gain experience, continuously upgrade it according to our needs & increase indigenisation like we did with jf17. Inshallah, by the time we need to move on to the next gen, our situation would have improved enough that we can actually do more from the start.

Even more than half of Turkey does not believe that this plane can be built. I totally understand pakistan's concerns.

Let's make our first flight with our domestic engine, then we'll talk again.
I think the skepticism is warranted. This is no easy feat. IMHO if there is consistent drive to deliver (which there seems to be) some form of TFX will eventually cross the finish line. I don't the given timelines are realistic. But I think Turkiye certainly has a lot of the required inputs. This is the reason that Pakistan is betting on the TFX (among other things) because we see some promise. You're right, Pakistan's number 1 concern will be the domestic engine, which means Pakistan is willing to wait a lot for the freedom it would gain from a TFX with a local engine.

I've searched a little bit in the Turkish speaking part of the internet about this issue. There are people who are convinced that the number of nations willing to participate in the TFX project will dramatically increase once the prototype is revealed to the public? Do you share this opinion?
This number WILL ONLY INCREASE when Turkey has an ITAR free engine for the project. The PAA has been stung badly by the T129 fiasco and does not want anything to do with a project without an engine( at least one which will not be compromised). So all this talk of participation in TFX project is hot wind till the engine comes about. Once the engine is unveiled and the Prototype comes out PAF will evaluate its options and join in. I think although I have no source to claim this , the Chinese are not going to let PAF have anything beyond depot level maintenance which is why PAF is coming of the idea of a Chinese offering. However, if the TFX get delayed PAF will have little option left but to procure a fifth generation offering from China(I think the window is between 2028-2035). Contrary to other opinions, my own humble opinion is that PAF will only procure one type of fifth generation aircraft.
From a technological and strategic perspective it would be nice for PAF to have 2 offerings to negotiate the best deal with the Vendor and take some element of local production on as a money saving method. However, as mentioned before this option is very unlikely to come from China and more likely to come from Turkey.
A

Dramatically no. Will increase yes. Pakistan is definitely one of the top contenders. TAI really wants PAF to choose the TFX.
Pak-Turkiye remain the most natural allies for so many reasons. However, this window needs pakistan to stabilize and grow its economy in this decade. Stagnancy will lead to Turkiye going so far forward the need for Pakistan may no longer be there.
A

Dramatically no. Will increase yes. Pakistan is definitely one of the top contenders. TAI really wants PAF to choose the TFX.
Pak-Turkiye remain the most natural allies for so many reasons. However, this window needs pakistan to stabilize and grow its economy in this decade. Stagnancy will lead to Turkiye going so far forward the need for Pakistan may no longer be there.
A

erm - Anyone know what CPU the mission computer for TFX is using ?

Some nice information on the F35 CPU processor..

erm - Anyone know what CPU the mission computer for TFX is using ?

Some nice information on the F35 CPU processor..

it must be a aselsan semiconductor.

Just a reminder, TAI has already denied that there is any sort of collaboration or even talks between Pakistan and Turkey regarding the TF-X.

It was all a misunderstanding.

I think the skepticism is warranted. This is no easy feat. IMHO if there is consistent drive to deliver (which there seems to be) some form of TFX will eventually cross the finish line. I don't the given timelines are realistic. But I think Turkiye certainly has a lot of the required inputs. This is the reason that Pakistan is betting on the TFX (among other things) because we see some promise. You're right, Pakistan's number 1 concern will be the domestic engine, which means Pakistan is willing to wait a lot for the freedom it would gain from a TFX with a local engine.
According to the TEI CEO, initial fabrication of TEI TF-10000 (10K lb thrust) turbofan engine is about to be completed. After testing it to be OK, they'll proceed directly to the 35K lb one (F22 class) with the super cruise capability and a reduced IR signature. All the building blocks are being tested and readied to continuously build and update the "libraries of components" for the designers to "download and integrate" as per the specs of different types of turbo engines of all sorts (fighters, choppers, UAVs, ships, industries, mining etc.).....

The top Turkish defense industrial bosses want to emulate the "cold war era" mindset and speed of the US companies.....

Last edited:
Pakistan made blunder by developing thunder without indigenous air to air missiles which would cost us little that Chinese PL 15

Pakistan air force must sign a TOT with turkey for T 929 attack halos, KİZİLELMA UCAV and GOKTUG family of air to air missiles which replace AİM 120 And AİM 9 cheaply for our F 16 fleet as we already upgraded our f 16 with Turkish MLU these goktug air to air missiles easily work with those F 16 with turk software updates

After reading this thread, I have to say this grounded in reality. What can Pakistan offer Turkey in the technical field? Turkey is a rising star in industrial defence and Pakistan sadly isn't.

So Pakistan is merely an onlooker as rightly pointed out and mostly a consumer.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom