What's new

Pakistan & Turkey kick off 'TUSAP Raiders-14' joint air exercise in Konya.

@Neptune

I'm not sure about the IFF systemd on non NATO nations F-16s. If this was the case then the Greeks won't be beaming the TurAF with their block 52+, nor would they have bought them.

Lastly, Russia is a nutcase of a country which is even a threat to itself, let alone other nations. There is nothing wrong with 'preparing' for all possibilities.

@Neptune

I'm not sure about the IFF systemd on non NATO nations F-16s. If this was the case then the Greeks won't be beaming the TurAF with their block 52+, nor would they have bought them.

Lastly, Russia is a nutcase of a country which is even a threat to itself, let alone other nations. There is nothing wrong with 'preparing' for all possibilities.

Greeks shot the F-16 with a Dassault Mirage. Someone in AF told me that. It still seems doubtful to me but who knows.

Probably the only considerable aerial threat is Russia followed by Iran.

Greeks shot the F-16 with a Dassault Mirage. Someone in AF told me that. It still seems doubtful to me but who knows.

Probably the only considerable aerial threat is Russia followed by Iran.

No, i disagree. Its only Russia. Current Iranian airforce vs TurAF is nothing but target decoys ready to be AMRAAMED. I'd personally want TurAF to train against Flankers and they did against the Chinese J-11s in the past but only used the F-4s.

Since the US disapproves the F-16s being pitted against the Chinese, we can invite Indonesians and Malaysians to either Anatolian Eagle in Turkey or Indus Viper in Pakistan.

@Indos | What do you think?

No, i disagree. Its only Russia. Current Iranian airforce vs TurAF is nothing but target decoys ready to be AMRAAMED. I'd personally want TurAF to train against Flankers and they did against the Chinese J-11s in the past but only used the F-4s.

Since the US disapproves the F-16s being pitted against the Chinese, we can invite Indonesians and Malaysians to either Anatolian Eagle in Turkey or Indus Viper in Pakistan.

US doesn't disapprove of PAF F-16s ex with Chinese airforce but transferring the tech to china ..

I agree with that. But the reason I put Iran is because of Azerbaijan. Just Russia, we need that F-35 asap. I don't think that we can wait till 2017.

Many analysts argue wheater should we deploy army and air force to Azerbaijan, sth similar for the Turko-Azeri Brigade in Nahcivan.

US doesn't disapprove of PAF F-16s ex with Chinese airforce but transferring the tech to china ..

Why is that? We used the 132th FİLO against the PLAF. "Dagger" F-16s scored 8:0 against the Chinese.

Pakistan is a major non-NATO ally. I dont think that they'd raise voice against using F-16 against Chinese.

Last edited:
I agree with that. But the reason I put Iran is because of Azerbaijan. Just Russia, we need that F-35 asap. I don't think that we can wait till 2017.

Many analysts argue wheater should we deploy army and air force to Azerbaijan, sth similar for the Turko-Azeri Brigade in Nahcivan.

Why is that? We used the 132th FİLO against the PLAF. "Dagger" F-16s scored 8:0 against the Chinese.

Pakistan is a major non-NATO ally. I dont think that they'd raise voice against using F-16 against Chinese.

That is what I'm saying .. Ex with Plaaf isn't a big deal .. US shit it's pants over sending them the china .. Which again is a popular belief .. But still logical .. Than the "kill switch" nonsense.

@Neptune

I don't think that the TurAF deployed F-16s against the Chinese J-11s.

They did bro. 132. FİLO (F-16C/D Block 40 LANTIRN) and 131. FİLO (F-4E 2020 Terminator) at Konya 3th AJÜ were the squadrons used during that exercise. But PLAF didn't deploy J-11s. They came with Su-27 and Mig-29. Both F-4E and F-16s are used.

Despite Washington's statement of concerns.

They did bro. 132. FİLO (F-16C/D Block 40 LANTIRN) and 131. FİLO (F-4E 2020 Terminator) at Konya 3th AJÜ were the squadrons used during that exercise. But PLAF didn't deploy J-11s. They came with Su-27 and Mig-29. Both F-4E and F-16s are used.

Despite Washington's statement of concerns.

PLAAF doesn't have Mig-29s and they didn't deploy the Su-27s but J-11Bs.

Check this.

Strategic Asia 2012-13  China's Military Challenge - Google Books.png

PLAAF doesn't have Mig-29s and they didn't deploy the Su-27s but J-11Bs.

Check this.

View attachment 46667

The source I looked says Mig-29 and Su-27..:what:

Gavin M. Greenwood
Çin Hava Kuvvetlerine bağlı sayısı bilinmeyen Rus yapımı Su-27 ve Mig-29 savaş uçakları Eylül ayı içerisinde Orta Anadolu’daki dev Konya hava üssüne indi. Birkaç gün içerisinde, bir NATO ülkesi ve Çin arasında türünün ilk örneği bir askeri tatbikatta Amerikan yapımı Türk F-16’larıyla eğitime başlamışlardı.

Çin Hava Kuvvetleri Türkiye’ye niçin gitti? | Makale-Yorum | Dünya Bülteni Haber Portalı

Probably because it's derivated by Su-27. Thus it's NATO reporting name is Flanker B+

They mixed up. PLAAF has no Mig-29s in service.

Probably. .I think the reason they said Su-27 is;

NATO Reporting Name:

Su-27 = Flanker

J-11 = Flanker B+

Wasn't it derivated from Su-27 anyways

Probably. .I think the reason they said Su-27 is;

NATO Reporting Name:

Su-27 = Flanker

J-11 = Flanker B+

Wasn't it derivated from Su-27 anyways

Thats true. J-11B is an Chinese upgrade of Su-27.

Back
Top Bottom