What's new

Pakistan-Turkey 4 Milgem Ada Class Corvettes Contract - Construction started

New CNS has more realistic vision.
Well, this explanation is difficult to accept and I would say probably not correct. The CNS after mentioning both Damen Ships one by one and referencing them with their tonnage (the ONLY ships he referenced with tonnage btw) said,

"As a followup...six additional ships with larger tonnage are being contracted".

I fail to see how this can be a case of misplaced comma or a case of voice tone or emphasis on something rather than other etc. etc. That's not plausible AT ALL.

If at all the Admiral made any mistake in the speech (if) then it was definitely someting more than a comma!

This is much more plausible. Of course one has to accept that plans can change, either due to a new CNS having different vision or due to some other reason.

New CNS has more realistic vision.
IMO...the current CNS is pivoting from OPVs to more submarines of various types (i.e., SWATs, UUVs, and full-sized AIP-equipped boats). The remaining 8-12+ "major surface vessels" as envisioned by the preceding CNS will likely be the Jinnah-class frigate. It's obvious from that design that the PN was looking for a cost-effective platform through which it can build its future mainstay fleet. In turn, the F-22P will likely move into the OPV-type role.

IMO...the current CNS is pivoting from OPVs to more submarines of various types (i.e., SWATs, UUVs, and full-sized AIP-equipped boats). The remaining 8-12+ "major surface vessels" as envisioned by the preceding CNS will likely be the Jinnah-class frigate. It's obvious from that design that the PN was looking for a cost-effective platform through which it can build its future mainstay fleet. In turn, the F-22P will likely move into the OPV-type role.

Yeah, F-22P can be used in such a role as it will be the lowest tech amongst our fleet in 2-3 years. Just that traditionally the benefit of OPV were that they were cheap, required little manpower and did not have long range cruise missiles of choppers, all of which F-22P does. Better we upgrade these then use them to patrol Gwadar. It is still a decent sized platform

Yeah, F-22P can be used in such a role as it will be the lowest tech amongst our fleet in 2-3 years. Just that traditionally the benefit of OPV were that they were cheap, required little manpower and did not have long range cruise missiles of choppers, all of which F-22P does. Better we upgrade these then use them to patrol Gwadar. It is still a decent sized platform
It'd be funny if the PN decided, "hey, let's use the MILGEM as the basis for an OPV!" Granted, ASFAT designed this for the market in general, but at some point (and perhaps to this day) the PN had a need for follow-on OPVs.

1629298304649.png

What a beautiful ship mashallah derived from a project with our brothers.
Long may she sail., long may she defend, and Allah bless all those who guide her path in our waters.

Ameen bro! :)

It'd be funny if the PN decided, "hey, let's use the MILGEM as the basis for an OPV!" Granted, ASFAT designed this for the market in general, but at some point (and perhaps to this day) the PN had a need for follow-on OPVs.

View attachment 770960

I am really surprised we did not go for more AZMAT class boats as a basis for OPV.

Made in Pakistan
Very cheap and light on manpower
good endurance for it's size
Just replace the long range missiles with say a MANPADs launcher and have space for 2 inflatables and say two 8 man marine sqauds, would of been perfect

The F22P will receive a mid life upgrade which will involve all primary systems replacement with new weapons including SAM, and AShM.
It is still on the drawing board at the moment.

The weaponry will be interesting. I hope we have the flexibility we need. What kind of land attack and anti ship missiles can be used with our milgem VLS?

The F22P will receive a mid life upgrade which will involve all primary systems replacement with new weapons including SAM, and AShM.
It is still on the drawing board at the moment.

wondering if F22P would be get the same CAMM-ER upgrade unless we have a Turkish solution.

Back
Top Bottom