What's new

Pakistan-Turkey 4 Milgem Ada Class Corvettes Contract - Construction started

Can someone please translate this
And also I got this translation from Erdôgans tweet
We launched the first of the 4 MİLGEM corvettes to be exported to Pakistan and welded the sheet metal of our first Offshore Patrol Ship.

One of the greatest gifts we will give to our nation in 2023 will be to reach the top league of the world in the defense industry.

The 1st Ship Sheet Metal Cutting Ceremony of the Offshore Patrol Ship, of which HAVELSAN is the Combat System Integrator, was also held.

HAVELSAN; It will provide the combat management system, electronic warfare support system and remote-controlled weapon system.

HAVELSAN General Manager attended the ceremony.@manacar1 also participated.
The 1st Ship Sheet Metal Cutting Ceremony of the Offshore Patrol Ship, of which HAVELSAN is the Combat System Integrator, was also held.

HAVELSAN; It will provide the combat management system, electronic warfare support system and remote-controlled weapon system.

HAVELSAN General Manager attended the ceremony.@manacar1 also participated.

The model that appears from 9:15 onwards in the video shows great detail of the ship. 6 x Anti-Ship missile and 12xVLS arrangements are quite clearly visible.

F66EC658-FDD5-4CDE-B06D-E76DC67E4CEF.jpeg
F66EC658-FDD5-4CDE-B06D-E76DC67E4CEF.jpeg
08E31B37-C939-4CF3-857D-38BE84517337.jpeg
390DA27E-7ADD-438C-8EE6-669738BFE8FF.jpeg
B291D09A-F5B8-4C90-B032-C529B8A2CB64.jpeg

Z-9er ??
6EC5ADC3-8BB9-403A-A5FF-682E4856EF2B.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks more like Airbus Helicopters AS565MBe Panther can be the choice if Pakistan Navy isn't going for the Chinese VLS system I don't think they will station Chinese Helicopter on it... Maybe I'm wrong

View attachment 770138View attachment 770139View attachment 770140

z9 is basically licensed copy also the anti sub suite is also copy so why introduced another supplier?
z9 is basically licensed copy also the anti sub suite is also copy so why introduced another supplier?

Also even z9 has various roles sar model is different than asw version internally as on the back asw hardware occupy the heli vs sar is empty ans can carry 4 stretchers

SAR version with winches

Last edited:
These ships pack more punch than Chinese frigates. I really hope we fully utilize TOT that will come with Jinnah class ships rather than sitting on their blueprints waiting for tech to be obsolete.

Sometimes a misplaced comma or difference in voice tone can change the entire meaning.
And this is what has happened.

Well, this explanation is difficult to accept and I would say probably not correct. The CNS after mentioning both Damen Ships one by one and referencing them with their tonnage (the ONLY ships he referenced with tonnage btw) said,

"As a followup...six additional ships with larger tonnage are being contracted".

I fail to see how this can be a case of misplaced comma or a case of voice tone or emphasis on something rather than other etc. etc. That's not plausible AT ALL.

If at all the Admiral made any mistake in the speech (if) then it was definitely someting more than a comma!
Plans change. His speech is no longer the fresh information.
This is much more plausible. Of course one has to accept that plans can change, either due to a new CNS having different vision or due to some other reason.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom