What's new

Pakistan-Turkey 4 Milgem Ada Class Corvettes Contract - Construction started

Very interesting observation. I suspect there are 2 aspects to consider. The Chinese must have provided Source codes forcthe missiles to be integrated. The wider incoeporation of these missiles could mean some sort of local manufacturing of the rockets. At some stage if required the 16As could be replaced by 16Bs if the requirement is there.
Secondly PN has come a long way from the type 21 days when a similar project of integration of hardware from multiple providers had to be abandoned. We now have a skills lab. Whether this is a separate on to the one PAF has or the same needs to be seen. However good steps all around
A
I wonder if Pakistan did acquire some sort of ToT on ly-80 given integrstion and broad order among all three services(unlikely since army has poor track record)

Still i would prefer they found a quad pack system. Will 16 be enough

Additional key details about these ships @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @waz

A Look At PN MILGEM/JINNAH Program

A Look At PN MILGEM/JINNAH Program

When the the high-resolution image of MILGEM-J/JINNAH Class Corvette is examined, which was prepared and shared in an electronic environment at the ceremony, it can be immediately noticed that it differs in external appearance from both ADA Class Corvettes and İSTİF Class Frigates of the Turkish Navy. In terms of technical features the JINNAH Class Corvettes can be located between the 2,400-ton (at full load) ADA Class Corvettes (have an overall length of 99.56m, an overall beam of 14.4m and draught of 3.89m) and the 3,000-ton İSTİF Class Frigates (have an overall length of 113.2m, an overall beam of 14.42m and draught of 4,05). According to PN MILGEM brochure issued by ASFAT recently the JINNAH Class Corvettes with mono-hull, displacement-type hull form, will have an overall length of 108.8 metres, an overall beam of 14.8m, draught of 4.1m, maximum speed of 26+ knots and displacement of 2.988 tons. As in the İSTİF Class, JINNAH Class Corvettes will also be equipped with Leonardo DRS (Oto Melara) 76 mm Super Rapid gun (it is claimed that the order was placed for 4 guns in the second half of 2019, but according to the information we have obtained the contract was signed only for one ship). The Fire Control System of the 76 mm Super Rapid gun will be an Aselsan product, and the required Fire Control Radars will also be provided by Aselsan (the product in the image is similar to the AKR-D Block-1, one is right above the bridge and the other is right behind the GÖKDENİZ CIWS placed at the stern of the ship.)

Just behind the bow gun there is a 16-cell Vertical Launching System (VLS) for the HHQ-16 Medium Range Air Defense Missile System. The HHQ-16/LY-80N, which is a medium-range, semi-active radar-guided air defense missile system from China Aerospace Science and Technology Corp (CASC), is also used at the Type 054A/P Frigates that are under construction in China for the Pakistan Navy (together with 32-cell VLS). The HHQ-16, with a maximum range of 42 km (HHQ-16B, the upgraded version of the missile has a range of 70 km), has a warhead weighing 70 kg and is claimed to be capable of intercepting targets at altitudes between 15 m and 18 km. Pakistan Land Forces, on the other hand, ordered 6 batteries from the land-based version of the HHQ-16 System (HQ-16A/LY-80) for US$ 373 million (another source indicates as US$ 226 million for 3 batteries) and 8 IBIS-150 Radars (HQ-16A/LY-80 Air Surveillance Radar) for US$ 40 million and inducted into service in March 2017. One of the HQ-16A/LY-80 batteries is deployed in Karachi. On board the JINNAH Class there are two Type 345 (NATO code MR-90 Front Dome) Illuminating Radars which are part of the HHQ-16 Medium Range Air Defense Missile System, the first one is located right in front of the mast and the other one is located just behind the funnel.

MILGEM-J/JINNAH Class Corvettes will also contain 6 Harbah Anti-Ship Cruise Missiles and Land Attack Cruise Missiles (ASCM/LACM projected to reach a range of 450 km to 750 km) that are to be placed at a 90 degree angle with each other and hidden behind the lid (used for reducing the RCS of the ship) at the port and starboard at the pool section right behind the mainmast, two 25 mm Remote Controlled Stabilized Naval Guns (STOP) manufactured by Aselsan (at the stationary port and starboard deckhouse) and again two Mk32 two-barrel surface vessel torpedo tubes in 324 mm diameter and to be placed at the stationary port and starboard deckhouse.

The JINNAH Class Corvettes will incorporate several critical sub-systems of the ADA Class Corvette. Some of them are as follows: Havelsan’s GENESİS ADVENT Combat Management System (CMS), Aselsan’s SMART-S Mk2 Three Dimensional Naval Search Radar (3BAR), ALPER Navigation and LPI (Low Probability of Intercept) Radar, ARES-2N Radar ESM (AREAS-2NC Radar Electronic Attack System is also expected to be deployed at these ships), Laser Warning System, HIZIR Torpedo Countermeasure System and Inertial Navigation System (LN-270 INS/GPS), Integrated Platform Control and Monitoring System manufactured by YALTES and METEKSAN Defence’s YAKAMOS Hull Mounted Sonar System. The JINNAH Class Corvettes will also be equipped with the Naval Information Exchange System (NIXS) developed by MilSOFT for the PN and the indigenous data-link system “Link Green”. The Pakistan Naval Forces established a communication infrastructure named RedLine across the country to enable communication among NIXS equipped platforms

They will NOT use HQ-16 and H/AJK-16. I cant really be bothered to go in depth, scroll through Quwa a bit and you'll see my article on it.
I wonder if Pakistan did acquire some sort of ToT on ly-80 given integrstion and broad order among all three services(unlikely since army has poor track record)

Still i would prefer they found a quad pack system. Will 16 be enough
its not HQ-16.

Itll be CAMM-ER.

*there is a high supersonic anti ship missile in development. Remember? :smokin:

Ah yes of course. It will be interesting to know what stage we are at with this. Will it be in time for the Milgems? The 054A's have their own version.

Are you sure? Source for this?

Im the source,

aside, do a bit of digging. Ive talked about it in the past using information out there. ill follow this comment up with an effort post clearing up misconceptions re this design in a few hours and then tag you.

Im the source,

aside, do a bit of digging. Ive talked about it in the past using information out there. ill follow this comment up with an effort post clearing up misconceptions re this design in a few hours and then tag you.

I hope its true. Would be a great upgrade of PN

Question, does a 6 missile load out mean that is the ships total capacity or additonal missiles are carried as reserve ammo?
Back at base as it requires crane to lift and bring it closer to containers for the reload. Unless part of Flotilla and Supply ship has the crane to reload but can be dicey out in open ocean due to the ocean state ( rough waves etc. )

"PS: Sorry, I didn't mean to write a thesis on this, I just couldn't pen it all down in Cliff Notes."

-- .. .-.

I read that construction of third PN-Milgem would also start today

hrf4NH.jpg
3rd one started couple of months ago in Karachi i guess , Turkish defence minister was there as well
Third one was launched in October in Karachi Shipyard

3rd one started couple of months ago in Karachi i guess , Turkish defence minister was there as well
All i can say is that, both head of SSB, MoD of Turkey, president of Turkey said that it is to be the start of the construction of PN-Milgem 3, and then both president and Pakistani ambassador went to the first part of PN-Milgem 3 and made first welding together there on TV.

So appereantly previous news were fake news.

Back
Top Bottom