What's new

Pakistan-Turkey 4 Milgem Ada Class Corvettes Contract - Construction started

All i can say is that, both head of SSB, MoD of Turkey, president of Turkey said that it is to be the start of the construction of PN-Milgem 3, and then both president and Pakistani ambassador went to the first part of PN-Milgem 3 and made first welding together there on TV.

So appereantly previous news were fake news.
There might be numbering confusion .. It is supposed to make 2 in Turkey and 2 in Pakistan .. This one should be 3rd overall Corvette

can anyone identify this warship under construction?

EsW60G7XAAQLTso.jpg

View attachment 709730

The ship on the left of the photo is the first PN-NationalShip (aka MILGEM Jinnah Class) and the other right (which you are asking) is the third PN ship will be in its class that Its first welding ceremony was held today. The ship can be seen with its prow and bulb in the middle, F515 TCG Istanbul frigate, which is launched today. Also the ship seen in the right-background is the ADA class MILGEM corvette.

View attachment 709730

The one being launched today for PN.... picture from manufacturing dock angle...

1611421508357.png

and picture from back of the stage...jetty
1611421701732.png

And, the following one seems to be previously launched PN Milgem which is currently under construction...
1611421592361.png

1611421840656.png

Or wait a minute; shall we treat the hull seen in the last picture as a ready piece for 3rd PN Milgem?

I am not talking about the module here

maybe I miss-posted the last photo

I am talking about this ship? the one with the Turkish flag

Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 17.20.16.png

The ship on the left of the photo is the first PN-NationalShip (aka MILGEM Jinnah Class) and the other right (which you are asking) is the third PN ship will be in its class that Its first welding ceremony was held today. The ship can be seen with its prow and bulb in the middle, F515 TCG Istanbul frigate, which is launched today. Also the ship seen in the right-background is the ADA class MILGEM corvette.

I dont agree because when Pakistan started the 1st Jinnah class it was referred to as the 3rd MILGEM

this can only happen if the keel for the second was already laid in Istanbul as 1st one is clearly progressing

so I doubt this is the 4th

I dont agree because when Pakistan started the 1st Jinnah class it was referred to as the 3rd MILGEM

this can only happen if the keel for the second was already laid in Istanbul as 1st one is clearly progressing

so I doubt this is the 4th

Azizim, How many first welding ceremonies have been held for PN-Milgems to date? first in Pendik Shipyard, then in Karachi. If there was another ceremony held between, I apologize for my ignorance. Today It was announced as the 3rd Pakistan corvette first welding in the ceremony area, after then the Pakistani ambasador and represantatives were invited to the stage.

I do not know in what order the ships will be put into service. There are many sub-work areas related to construction and equipment activities that we haven't mentioned here. Perhaps the ships built in Pendik will be launched first. In that case, the 3rd hull built in Karachi could be the third ship will be launch, even if it was the second ship as first welding-cutting ceremony.

1:10:45 It is announced here as the 3rd first welding ceremony

edit: I assume you know that 2 ships will be built in Istanbul and 2 in Karachi. Pakistan shipyard will have incorporated Milgem technical infrastructure to a large extent with the 4th ship.

Last edited:
Azizim, How many first welding ceremonies have been held for PN-Milgems to date? first in Pendik Shipyard, then in Karachi. If there was another ceremony held between, I apologize for my ignorance. Today It was announced as the 3rd Pakistan corvette first welding in the ceremony area, after then the Pakistani ambasador and represantatives were invited to the stage.

I do not know in what order the ships will be put into service. There are many sub-work areas related to construction and equipment activities that we haven't mentioned here. Perhaps the ships built in Pendik will be launched first. In that case, the 3rd hull built in Karachi could be the third ship will be launch, even if it was the second ship as first welding-cutting ceremony.

maybe I am wrong here is my list

1st MILGEM keel laid 4th June 2020 in Turkey steel cut was done 30th Sep 2019

2nd MILGEM Keel laid 25th October 2020 and steel cut was 10th June 2020 in Pakistan HOWEVER they call this the 3rd

media report it as 3rd so means 2nd keel was already laid before Oct 2020

I have not found any info on 3rd steel cut or keel laying in Turkey

anyone see any more info?

thank you ! so all previous news about 3rd was just not informed media as usual, poor journalism

so this one where Erdogan was welding is the 3rd and the other one on the left is the 1st with the 2nd under construction in Pakistan

the 6 month timeline also makes sense

we expect then the 4th to start end of 2021 in Karachi

Last edited:
thank you ! so all previous news about 3rd was just not informed media as usual, poor journalism

so this one where Erdogan was welding is the 3rd and the other one on the left is the 1st with the 2nd under construction in Pakistan

the 6 month timeline also makes sense

we expect then the 4th to start end of 2021 in Karachi

Yes, the last welding ceremony(for 4th hull) will be in Karachi. Then, first launch ceramonies will follow to that.

1st and 3rd ship will be build in Turkiye and 2nd and 4 th will be build in pakistan. We will see the welding ceremony(for 4th hull) in Karachi after this.

Why Pakistan navy choose to modify base line ada class for its use why they did not just go for I CLASS frigate . It would have saved lots of time

The one being launched today for PN.... picture from manufacturing dock angle...

View attachment 709757
and picture from back of the stage...jetty
View attachment 709759

And, the following one seems to be previously launched PN Milgem which is currently under construction...
View attachment 709758
View attachment 709760

Or wait a minute; shall we treat the hull seen in the last picture as a ready piece for 3rd PN Milgem?
So basically all four MILGEM we ordered are under construction. Two in Pakistan and two in Turkey.

Back
Top Bottom