What's new

Pakistan Tourism: Information Desk

sorry late reply.well there is two things
1.do u want adventure
2.r do u.want to enjoy landscape
we were on road for 13 days.bikers should travel daily atleast 6 hoursdaily,should start ur travel early in the morning.dnt drive in heavy rain.
bro its diffcult for to tell u time wise.
well our first stop was before on murree road for refuling.we took snacks from their shops then we stoped at nathia gali for lunch.stayed 1 hour.then again on bikes.we drive 2 hour constantly then tea break.
at 11 we were at balakot.
TIP:FIRST DAY ON bike.u should travel more.banday first r last day hemat marta hain.

if ur going on bikes n rule is:one bike one rider rule....tu mera bhai roads are no issue.har tarhan ki terrain ho no.problem.
my personal.advice take honda 125 due to spares n mechanic.use extra beam lights.
we had a rule nobody will.go.beyound 80km speed.n we travel in a line
most experienced biker will.be the.front man n most experienced technician type friend.who have tool kit n pencture stuff will be in the last.
har bike 20 meter ka falsa rakhay ge dosrie bike.sa.
agar kisi ko.masla ho tu full haran bajao so this way we signal each other ka rukho bhai.pechay issue.ban gya hai.bcz har jaga mobile signals nai.hota.
its all about discipline

our rides was suzuki 150cc har tarhan ka track ka liya ya best bike hai...but spares gilgit ka bad nai miltay...soapna sath la jao...tu is sa achi bike pakistan.ma.nai filhal jo reasonable price ma har trhn ki.comfort r power full engine ga.honda cbf 150 n others are no.match of it.
last TIP:GROUP CHOTA RAKHO R IMATURE DOSTOUN KO.MAT LA KAR JAO.THEY WILL CAUSE YOU ALOT OF TROUBLE.like accident.de

decisions latay ho.
i will post my video soon.While posting videos, it is requested that you post them in a single post please? We need to keep this thread MORE about information sharing and trip planning rather than pics and videos. So if you must, please share the videos in a single post. Thanks a lot.

Great! So it took 13 days for whole journey. That sounds manageable!

As for time scheduled, i didn't meant to share hourly details. If you can only share the nights spent, like first night in Balakot, Second at Babusar etc, that will do. Will enable people to plan their trip accordingly or may be even decide on destination (if they cannot spare 14 days)

For videos, please try and share in a single post rather than multiple posts. The idea of this thread is to keep it to information sharing and providing a guide for other members to plan their trips not to share pictures and videos. Still it will be best if you can share a video or two but please in a single post and also if possible with the above requested information. Again, it will be best if we keep this thread INFORMATION oriented! Thank you. :)

No it's very remote, you don't even get electricity there...at least not the last time i went there. Go till Hunza or Ghizer, Ghizer is a hidden treasure, abhi toh kuch nahein dekha apney.
True, but i can just take it one at a time. :) The best i can manage is one trip per year! You need a LIFE to explore all those areas. Nanga Parbat was a fascination (plus i destination not easy to go to with family) so this year we went there.

About Ghizer, you know about the avalanche? A crisis might be brewing as it cut off the river and turned it into a lake. Allah khair kry!

hello hello :)
i have been trying to hold of some local tour operator who is reliable and can help me trek through himalayas to k2 base camp and possibly snow lake. But i find it impossible to get hold of people in pakistan, when i am not based in pakistan. i think people neeed to pay more attention to communication .
Do you guys know any reliable operator /guide whom i can talk to at least?

About

https://www.facebook.com/K2BaseCamp...C_mwuuYLOcj-67EchPYlnifcjc_by1uvoTN4KCc4Z7FOR

3X73I64yEGz.png

+92 346 1153423
LZKlLsljuns.png

Typically replies within a few hours
Send Message
GVwT8EKWMJ8.png

www.k2basecamptrekking.com
bbaeEPTtae7.png

Hiking Trail · Tour Agency · Tourist Information Center

hello hello :)
i have been trying to hold of some local tour operator who is reliable and can help me trek through himalayas to k2 base camp and possibly snow lake. But i find it impossible to get hold of people in pakistan, when i am not based in pakistan. i think people neeed to pay more attention to communication .
Do you guys know any reliable operator /guide whom i can talk to at least?

Sallam! So people, its summer time and that means it is time to plan the next trip :)

@krash @I.R.A @WAJsal @fatman17
So people, any tips? guide lines? Will be going to visit Deosai InshAllah this time. If you can think of any Do's and Dont's please do share. Some basic details of our trip MAY be:
  1. 7-8 people
  2. Wednesday to Sunday trip (4 days essentially as we leave late night Wednesday)
  3. Will get transport on rent rather than driving in two separate cars.
  4. Wont be carrying tents/sleeping bags
So the info i will need for now:
  1. Can you find hut/tent in Deosai or do we rent them in Astore?
  2. Food
Any other suggestion then please share.

@atya saw you planning a trip to Pakistan and discussing that on another thread. Some of the posts here might help you.

Are they reliable?
Have you used them??

@krash @Arsalan @DESERT FIGHTER

Saturday to Saturday. Three Kids (10,7.5 and 5), two adults, toyota altis, the main goal ...... best sight seeing and outing for the kids, meadows, lakes, reasonable trekking etc. Please help me choose

• All the way to Hunza, including a night stay at Bata Kundi (driving on that Naran Kaghan Babu Sar road). Or
  • Neelum valley. Honestly I have never been to Kashmir and don't know much, internet didn't help much

If it's Hunza what should I plan for, including which hotels / guest houses to book, which places to visit, I don't mind hiring a 4x4 from there to any place, but the destination should be a place where kids can enjoy their stay, run around, trek a little, sight seeing, water lakes etc .....

and if it's Neelum the same ..... which places, hotels, roads to travel etc.

I will be driving my own car, how much cash should I carry for stay, meals, 4x4 hiring charges etc. And availability of petrol on both routes.

Will really appreciate the suggestions and advice. Thanks

Saturday to Saturday. Three Kids (10,7.5 and 5), two adults, toyota altis, the main goal ...... best sight seeing and outing for the kids, meadows, lakes, reasonable trekking etc. Please help me choose

• All the way to Hunza, including a night stay at Bata Kundi (driving on that Naran Kaghan Babu Sar road). Or
  • Neelum valley. Honestly I have never been to Kashmir and don't know much, internet didn't help much

If it's Hunza what should I plan for, including which hotels / guest houses to book, which places to visit, I don't mind hiring a 4x4 from there to any place, but the destination should be a place where kids can enjoy their stay, run around, trek a little, sight seeing, water lakes etc .....

I will be driving my own car, how much cash should I carry for stay, meals, 4x4 hiring charges etc. And availability of petrol on both routes.

100+k.

Il share my plan, which was hatched during the travelling.
I Started from KPK, inlaws house.

Stayed a night at PTDC naran, best view (its on the river bank).. but per night i could have done better and stayed at narand sole 4 star hotel.

But I called someone to make a reservation when i was already at Abbotabad.

Next day I went straight to Gilgit (useless travelling) and than to Hunza. (Hunza is only 2:30hours drive from gilgit).

Valley is on the way (you have to hire a jeep for that).

Spend a night or a day at Naltar and than to Hunza.
Forts,attabad lake and than back to gilgit.

The next day I went to Skardu. I stayed in Skardu for 3-4 days.. 2 lakes to see in Skardu, lower kachura (heart shaped one u see— its over rated) and upper.

Visited shigar fort, serena hotel and than to the waterfall.

Next day Deosai— lakes and beautiful plains— awesome for camping.

From skardu I went to Astore-rama meadows and back.

I personally loved Skardu more than Hunza and would advise you to go to Astore from Naran.

Stay a day or two, visit rama meadows and than to skardu, deosai,shigar, waterfall etc.

Skardu itself is worth seeing. Buddha carvings, beautiful indus etc.

Dont worry about meals/food.. you will find stalls/shops and hotels all over the place.

I have not been to Kashmir much, just a couple of visits to Kotli and areas around LoC like tata pani etc. Cannot help much in this.

My vote will definitely be for Hunza. You are in Islamabad right now? Will be traveling from Isb? @I.R.A asking this because then i can suggest in a better way!

Last edited:
My vote will definitely be for Hunza. You are in Islamabad right now? Will be traveling from Isb?

Yes I will be travelling from Isb.

Stayed a night at PTDC naran, best view (its on the river bank).. but per night i could have done better and stayed at narand sole 4 star hotel.

But I called someone to make a reservation when i was already at Abbotabad.

I have no intentions of stopping in Naran, I intend to make a stop over at Bata Kundi at night and next morning start my travel and reach Hunza or Naltar (which comes first?)

Valley is on the way (you have to hire a jeep for that).

Spend a night or a day at Naltar and than to Hunza.

Will I be able to get at spot hotel / guest house booking in Naltar, keeping in mind I have a family with me?

And the other issue I will have to park my car somewhere do they have paid parking arrangements?

I have no intention of staying in Gilgit, it's same hot and useless yar.

I personally loved Skardu more than Hunza and would advise you to go to Astore from Naran.

I have chaddi buddy in Skardu who has been inviting me, specially for Deo Sai, but I keep Skardu off list because kids are still young and then I have heard that road to Skardu isn't that good?

I have no intentions of stopping in Naran, I intend to make a stop over at Bata Kundi at night and next morning start my travel and reach Hunza or Naltar (which comes first?)
There are plenty of guest houses at bata kundi. i dont know about reservation but im sure you will easily find a room. However Id advise you to reach there before evening.

Will I be able to get at spot hotel / guest house booking in Naltar, keeping in mind I have a family with me?

And the other issue I will have to park my car somewhere do they have paid parking arrangements?

I have no intention of staying in Gilgit, it's same hot and useless yar.

I have chaddi buddy in Skardu who has been inviting me, specially for Deo Sai, but I keep Skardu off list because kids are still young and then I have heard that road to Skardu isn't that good?

Naltar comes first, its a detour from main road leading to Hunza.

You will find parking spots there no problem.

Lala, skardu and deosai is love.

Road was in bad condition but I managed it on a honda civic (ap k pass tou phir altis ha).. and apart from that we were expecting our first child.

My advice:

Naran - astore- rama meadows (there is a PTDC report there too)
Or Naran- Skardu- surrounding areas + deosai.

Lala, skardu and deosai is love.

Road was in bad condition but I managed it on a honda civic (ap k pass tou phir altis ha).. and apart from that we were expecting our first child.

Yar mujay apni lado say pyar bohat hy iss liay dil ko kuch kuch hota hy. Hala kay kai dafa Shogran k uss pateechar road pay ly k gya ho oper.

Thank you yar for the valuable suggestions and information, I think I will decide once I reach Hunza if me family has some more stamina to travel to Skardu.

You are traveling with family, young kids so your focus should be on a relaxed trip. Here is what i will suggest;

Saturday: Departure from Islamabad at around 8:00AM, via motorway it will take you around 4 to 5 hours MAX with a couple of road side stop overs to reach Kaghan. Make your first stop early, your holidays have started and no need to get kids tired so early. Plus i will highly recommend you to stay at Arcadian Hotel in Kaghan (a few kilometers before Kaghan town). It is an excellent hotel, great food, good location! I stayed there, loved it. Make it your first stop. Another plus is that you can add a trip to Shogran in this schedule. You will be at Kawai around 12:00 so you can take a jeep up to Shogran, spend a few hours there, come down around Asr/Maghrib and drive 30 min to Arcadian.
*Hotel may cost your around 4600-5000 a night
*Jeep to Shogran should be around 2500-3000Rs

I know it may all sound boring but try it, you will like this relaxed start. Plus you will see how this day was NOT WASTED if you keep reading. :)

Sunday: Early morning departure. Dont stop at Naran, skip it. You can stop at Lulusar Lake on way for early lunch (will take around 2 to 3 hours from Kaghan. At batakundi you wont find a nice hotel suitable for family. There are some tent/camp sites but again, you are with kids. I will skip stay in Batakundi. You have had a relaxed start, if you leave around 7:00AM you can drive all the way up to Babusar by 1:00 PM easily with an hour stay at Lulusar and a couple of other road side stops if required. Stop at Babusar for some snacks etc. From Babusar to Chilas you need 3 hours to 4 hours. Will suggest you make 15-20 min stop at couple of spots, there are some nice streams along the way. Stop there for a few minutes and it will help cool off your car brakes too. Kids will enjoy here.
DSCN1519.JPG

June 2018
Plus, this is good weather zone, once you are in Chilas it will be HOT!! Any, you can easily reach Chilas around 5:00 and from there a further 2 hours to Raitkot bridge. Cross the raikot bridge reach Jaglot around 8:00PM. There is again a very nice hotel called "junction resort" a few Km before Jaglot. It is about 5-6 Km before the point where all three mountain ranges meet (famous spot). Stay there. Its nice and clean and CHEAP. Plus again, EXCELLENT FOOD. Have amazing view of Nangaparbat. Stay here for the night. You wont be very tired because your first day was not hectic and also because you have enough time to take breaks from Kaghan all the way to here. Have a good night's sleep and if its full moon enjoy the view, otherwise wait till morning.

See, this was taken from the hotel :)
DSCN1562.JPG

June 2018
MAN I LOVE THIS MOUNTAIN!!
* hotel should cost you around 2600-3000 per night.

Monday:
It is about two and a half hour from this spot to Gilgit and further 2 and a half hour from Gilgit to Hunza. Personally, i will recommend you go to Naltar, stay a night there (dont know if you can find a hotel to book on phone but pretty you will find one when you are there, still, family, i suggest you look up this info or talk to someone).
* No idea about hotel rates

Tuesday:
Drive to Hunza, now you are at your main destination. Frankly, i wont suggest you places to see in Hunza or around it. You know about them all already, visit the fort, the valley, try the fruits and food, enjoy the scenery. There is a lot to do there.
*hotel should cost you around 3000-3500 Rs per night.

Wednesday:
Stay put in Hunza or decide on a day spot to go to from Hunza. It all depends on how much you and the family are enjoying this place, decide accordingly. There is so much to do and see there, I will suggest you stay in Hunza and just enjoy this place.

Thursday EXTREME:
Go to Attabad lake, cross it to Karimabad. If i were you, i will go all the way up to Khunjrab, you can go there in your car and be back by night to Karmimabad. Stay there for night.
Thursday LIGHT: Go visit Attabad, enjoy the lake and make it back to Gilgit or even Jaglot.

Friday:
Start your journey back to Islamabad with a night stay planned for either Naran or a less suitable hotel around Batakundi or Kaghan.

@Arsalan hmmmmm makes sense. I have taken the kids twice to Babusar already, siri paye, lulusar, piyala, lalazar all done and seen (dudipatsar, makra and ansoo when they hit their teen), so this time we were thinking to cross babusar and go further north. My initial plan was to spend as much time as possible in exploring those new places that's why I wanted to skip Naran. Interestingly I have never made a stop at Kaghan, but your plan is wise, obviously I have to make stops for cooling the brakes and taking some rest ..... so stop at Kaghan makes sense.

@Arsalan hmmmmm makes sense. I have taken the kids twice to Babusar already, siri paye, lulusar, piyala, lalazar all done and seen (dudipatsar, makra and ansoo when they hit their teen), so this time we were thinking to cross babusar and go further north. My initial plan was to spend as much time as possible in exploring those new places that's why I wanted to skip Naran. Interestingly I have never made a stop at Kaghan, but your plan is wise, obviously I have to make stops for cooling the brakes and taking some rest ..... so stop at Kaghan makes sense.
Bus phr, make your trip to Kaghan a short one so you can launch from there the next day all the way to Jaglot. Plus again, i really recommend staying at Arcadian. Its a nice place. Its on other side of river (you cross a bridge to get to it). Search it on map.

From kaghan you can get to Jaglot easily in a day with enough stops on the way. From there you can get to Hunza in 4-5 hours easily. For rest of your tour, when you are in Hunza, just go with the mood. Either stay there and just enjoy the place or you can drive up to the border as well. Do visit Naltar valley!

Bus phr, make your trip to Kaghan a short one so you can launch from there the next day all the way to Jaglot. Plus again, i really recommend staying at Arcadian. Its a nice place. Its on other side of river (you cross a bridge to get to it). Search it on map.

From kaghan you can get to Jaglot easily in a day with enough stops on the way. From there you can get to Hunza in 4-5 hours easily. For rest of your tour, when you are in Hunza, just go with the mood. Either stay there and just enjoy the place or you can drive up to the border as well. Do visit Naltar valley!

Okay ho gya boss. Arcadian, Jaglot, Naltar, Hunza and Khunjrab too. Insha ALLAH.

Okay ho gya boss. Arcadian, Jaglot, Naltar, Hunza and Khunjrab too. Insha ALLAH.
Best of luck. Take a few pictures for us too and please share a detailed account for others once you are back :)

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom