What's new

Pakistan tour of England 2016-News and Discussions

WAJsal

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
So the much awaited tour is just round the corner, series promises some great Cricket and a good fight.
Fixtures...
asdasd.png

Expectations are high as Pakistan's Test team has played magnificent Cricket in last year and two. So the boys are expected to give a tough time to the English team. Wouldn't be incorrect to say that the fans are quite optimistic about this tour and genuinely feel that we can beat England.
Plus, we need to do so to move forward in test ranking and get closer to that number 1 rank...

@anant_s ,@Kambojaric ,@fatman17 ,@Arsalan ...

I have great hopes from the Pakistani bowlers not so much from the batsmans.
The way Sri Lankan batsman surrendered in front of Jimmy Anderson and Stuart Broad is a sign for the Pakistani batsman to make the most of the practice matches

I have great hopes from the Pakistani bowlers not so much from the batsmans.
The way Sri Lankan batsman surrendered in front of Jimmy Anderson and Stuart Broad is a sign for the Pakistani batsman to make the most of the practice matches

Jimmy Anderson won't be playing against Pakistan due to injury.

not very hopeful about Pakistani batting lineup but bowling will be interesting.

This will also be the first tour in which Inzi will be in charge. Let's see if this has an effect on our fragile batting lineup. I'm not too concerned about the bowling, there is a lot of raw talent there, but the batsmen put them in very tight places more often than not. Hoping for a good contest overall. England are in fine form.

Well that's a bad news for England and the cricket lovers like me. He bowls very good outswingers, they looks so genuine with his left arm action.

he will play, he can only miss the first test if he dsnt recover on time but for the rest of the series he will be available.

Would be a huge achievement if we give England a competitive fight.

Most likely 4-0 or 3-1 to England.

Pakistan has the best batting side when it comes to playing in the U.A.E but as we found out in South Africa they will really struggle to counter the swing.

They couldn't even handle Broad or Anderson in U.A.E conditions and waited their spells out to score the bulk of their runs against Moeen Ali and Adil Rashers.....In England they will have no such luxury.

Add Shafiq might/should do well though !

so much hype and so many expectations. Even the English commentators and analyst want Amir to do wonders. Too much pressure.
Given the kind of news Aamir has generated, since his return, all this attention is understandable, but i suppose support and media managers must shield players and let them focus on game. English, i believe are already ruffled with kind of pace attack, Pakistan is carrying. Looks like a mouth watering series in offing.

Weather will play a part ,hoping its a dry hot summer there .
if it rains we'l get thrashed .
Time for Amir to step up now and show the english for catching him cheating .:D.

Aah the days gone by ..

Misbah, Younis, Shafiq, Sarfaraz, Hafeez, Azhar, it's easily one of the best batting sides in Test cricket. I am expecting our batting to do well, as the potential is there.

Not in these conditions. They are the best on dry slow pitches where they can grind the oppositions. The likes of Shafiq and even Azhar needs some 150 balls to get to 15 - 20 runs usually. Now you can wait that long in UAE but on fast green pitches one of those 150 deliveries is bound to beat you. This is the problem. Our batsman will have to play sensibly but still aggressively. Just keep that score board ticking, even in tests. Modern days tests see 350-380 runs scored in a day while we are still on that 220-250 run mentality. It won’t be UAE and our players will need to apply themselves.

It will be a different story for bowlers. If Amir and Wahab can get the bowl in the right spots and do not try to overdo things they will surely cause serious problems for English bating line-up. I won’t even discount our spinners and they can be a handful even in these conditions, specially Yasir. The conditions will suite his style of bowling. Would have loved is they took Junaid Khan. Remember what he did on those Indian slightly grassy surfaces? He would have been a real threat. It is a shame how we simply ignore such talent, the worst part is we are taking Rahat Ali in his place.

I am quite disappointed in the management and the board. We have all the talent in the world but it is them managers screwing things up pretty bad and that old retard not willing to give up the chairman ship of PCB, he will bring us all down with him not to mention Najam Shity

e. English, i believe are already ruffled with kind of pace attack, Pakistan is carrying. Looks like a mouth watering series in offing.
I know. And to be honest very happy to see Amir not getting into other complications and focusing on Cricket.
Add Shafiq might/should do well though !
Younis scored a 99, last day of first practice match. I think the day ended with 340 something on scoreboard. Anyway the point being we are not Srilanka... The batting attacks seems fine and it would be disappointing to not give the English a tough time.
The conditions will suite his style of bowling. Would have loved is they took Junaid Khan. Remember what he did on those Indian slightly grassy surfaces? He would have been a real threat. It is a shame how we simply ignore such talent, the worst part is we are taking Rahat Ali in his place.
On the contrary Junaid lost his swing after he got injured and hasn't been able to get his place back in the team regardless of the chanses he has gotten. Even in Test Cricket, was really angling the ball, no swing. He should be given some time in Domestic Cricket. I think Ehsan Adil has really missed out, he would made the ball do wonders. Actually Rahat isn't too bad, especially in these condition. A very good seam bowler.

I will have my money on Amir and Amir only. Pakistan batting looks good on paper but they will struggle for sure in moving condition. As it is a very long tour so I hope they do good with time.

Back
Top Bottom