What's new

Pakistan to supply Super Mushak trainer aircraft to Iraq.

Sometimes pursuit of national interests supersedes mere economics. What price would you put on the ability to manufacture airframes in-house? Or the expertise to design and build critical componentry? Making such engines would be first step towards more advanced products, don't you think?

That is a very superficial view, IMO. You make it sound as though Economy somehow is not important by flashing the canard of national interest and qualifying it with a "sometimes", conveniently ignoring that you are talking about a piston engine? Must you turn everything into an argument? Must you, then, win by any means necessary? Why should I agree with your obviously counter-intuitive assertion? Must I remind you of the importance of Economy in strategic matters? Why must GOP spend my taxes on a stupid, un-needed, wasteful, non-strategic, cart-before-horse project to make &^$^# piston engines that nobody would buy? Are you not aware of GOP follies like Steel Mill that has cost tax payers & consumers an arm and a leg? Such projects are made without any regard to economics and for "national interest". Man, some people never learn.

Do you really really think that Pakistan does not have the expertise to manufacture piston engines? If you do, then you really do not know what the heck you are talking about. Like they say, and rightly so, 'Its the economy, stupid!'.

That is a very superficial view, IMO. You make it sound as though Economy somehow is not important by flashing the canard of national interest and qualifying it with a "sometimes", conveniently ignoring that you are talking about a piston engine? Must you turn everything into an argument? Must you, then, win by any means necessary? Why should I agree with your obviously counter-intuitive assertion? Must I remind you of the importance of Economy in strategic matters? Why must GOP spend my taxes on a stupid, un-needed, wasteful, non-strategic, cart-before-horse project to make &^$^# piston engines that nobody would buy? Are you not aware of GOP follies like Steel Mill that has cost tax payers & consumers an arm and a leg? Such projects are made without any regard to economics and for "national interest". Man, some people never learn.

Do you really really think that Pakistan does not have the expertise to manufacture piston engines? If you do, then you really do not know what the heck you are talking about. Like they say, and rightly so, 'Its the economy, stupid!'.

Right you are. No arguments. :D

A pipeline is planned.

Dry transit is being built.

I would love to see the feasibility report of an oil pipeline across a 16,000 feet mountain range in frigid weather across an earthquake zone along the only major water source for the entire country.

@VCheng for such queries open a separate thread in both economy section/strategic section.

Sure let me add it to the list...Not sure about cluster munitions sales to Iraq is legal at all.

I remember Pak stand got closed at some UK defence expo when it advertised (just info,brochures)cluster munitions.. :lol:

This is outstanding news hope we can help each other and grow together in all fields congrats to both nations :)

we have exported basic mushaqs to saudia, south africa etc, but this is the first sale for super mushaq. Nice development.

Sure let me add it to the list...Not sure about cluster munitions sales to Iraq is legal at all.

if yanks sell them, its legal, if anyone else does, wooplaa!!!

simple ;)

Great news for Iraq and Pakistan. This will foster stronger relations between the two nations and Air Forces. PAF is one of the oldest F-16 users and have employed it in combat. There is plenty we can help the Iraqi AF with.

I also hope that K-8 Trainers, JF-17 jets and Pakistan built weapons znd services to be part of the Iraqi AF's reconstruction effort.
It's also one of the most experienced air forces too, especially operating the F-16.

Memeership of the true aircraft manufacturing club needs expertise in engine making. Pakistan cannot even make the piston engine in this aircraft:

Powerplant: 1 × Textron Lycoming IO-540 V4A5 horizontally opposed 6 cylinder.

It certainly should have the expertise to do so but for some reason .......

Perhaps, manufacturing engines is the most critical. It appears that Pakistan is more interested in the cheaper, short term, solution of purchasing the engines rather then the long term investment in engine development after ToT.

How does Gawadar help China or Iraq with oil transit without all weather transport links or pipelines?

How does a trainer aircraft help Iraqi Air Force? It will help develop the airforce, similarly transit links through rail or pipeline can be developed.....and with a country like China, it could be developed within a couple of years.

Iraqi Air Force

20 Beechcraft T-6 Texan II
20 Lasta-95
[20?]Super Mushak [probably $10-$12m deal]

Hmm political decision because Lasta-95 fulfills the role for both Basic to and Intermediate and T-6 TII as intermediate to semi advanced.

iraqis have money to spend. mushak may be easier to train on. iraqis are starting from scratch.

Back
Top Bottom