What's new

Pakistan to remove visa for Turkish businessmen

Omar1984

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score

76154.jpg

Gilani said that Turkey and Pakistan pledged to amount bilateral volume to 2 billion USD the least in 2012.

Pakistani Prime Minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gilani said on Wednesday that Turkey and Pakistan pledged to amount bilateral volume to 2 billion USD the least in 2012.

"Strong ties between Turkey and Pakistan could not be turned into a healthy trade relationship. Current 782 million USD trade does not reflect the potential," Gilani said who delivered a speech at a luncheon hosted by Foreign Economic Relations Board (DEIK) in Istanbul.

Gilani said his visit to Turkey aimed at giving a strategic direction to commercial and economic relations.

Referring to friendly relations between Turkey and Pakistan, Gilani said, "friendship relations between the two countries are rooted in history. We have cultural, religious and historical ties."

Pakistani premier said Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan in his visit to Pakistan particularly underlined that bilateral trade volume was not sufficient.

Gilani said there were various investment opportunities in his country and noted that Pakistani government took measures to boost trade and foreign investments.

Pakistani prime minister said his country's economy grew despite imbalances in economy and fluctuations in oil prices, adding flood disaster and terrorism brought an additional burden on trade. Gilani said his country was resolved to deal with all those problems.

Gilani said expressed his country's willingness to attract foreign investments.

"Fiscal deficit was reduced to a great extend. There is betterment in foreign exchange reserves. Inflation reduced. However, we still have to keep up with changing conditions in the world and demands. Pakistan presents attractive investment opportunities in energy, infrastructure, industry based in agriculture, oil, gas, mining and several other areas. We have fulfilled broad scale reforms. We tried to develop an appropriate environment for local and foreign investments. Concessions are made for customs. Facilities were brought with respect to visa requirements. There will be no visa requirements for visits of businessmen. We want you to invest in our country. Let us make joint investments. I want both parties to work with win-win understanding," Gilani said.

Referring to the energy investments in Pakistan, Gilani said Turkish company Zorlu Group undertook wind energy project in alternative energy sector.

"We want more Turkish companies to invest in this important sector of pakistan. We particularly want them to invest in hydro energy facilities. We also want investment to be made in textile sector," he said.

Gilani said Turkish entrepreneurs could take advantage of the very big opportunities in agriculture sector and could make trade to oil rich gulf countries.

Gilani also asked Turkish businessmen to invest in fishing sector in Pakistan.

He said population gradually increased in Pakistan and demand for housing increased accordingly, "this sector also presents very big opportunities for foreign investors," he said.

Underlining his country's wish to have bigger and healthier relations with Turkey, Gilani said, "we will be in an effort to assist you and prepare a better environment. I wish long life to friendship of Turkey and Pakistan."

I am not sure of the full impact of this, but from what I understand this is good. The two countries should continue developing these close ties.

Its a wonderful step by the government.Sukar hay koi aqal ka kaam beh kia hay .

I think they should remove visa restrictions for all Turkish Nationals
That will help promote tourism in future
Turkish Nationals must have 30 days free entry in Pakistan without any visa required... what say?

and also soft visa restrictions for rich nations including Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, Japan, Saudi Arabia, Iran etc

I think they should remove visa restrictions for all Turkish Nationals
That will help promote tourism in future
Turkish Nationals must have 30 days free entry in Pakistan without any visa required... what say?

I fully agree with you bro. I hope it will be removed as soon as possible coz i am going to visit Pakistan in next year(off topic) !!

I have been to Malaysia many times. i have never gotten visa from embassy of Malaysia. After arrived to border i got 3 months visa. It makes really easy to visit.

Last edited:
I fully agree with you bro. I hope it will be removed as soon as possible coz i am going to visit Pakistan in next year(off topic) !!

I have been to Malaysia many times. i have never gotten visa from embassy of Malaysia. After arrived to border i got 3 month visa. It makes really easy to visit.

u dont want to pay for visa travel :rofl::rofl:

u dont want to pay for visa travel :rofl::rofl:

No not actually because of it bro. Its really easy to travel if you do not wait for visa. You know for getting visa from embassy you must confirm many things about you and your family !! it sometimes take long time. less bureaucracy is good i thought !!

I have been one time to USA and Canada also. I remember i have waited 3 weeks for visa and i prepared many documents that i had to confirm ...

For visiting Malaysia and Korea, i have never waited for visa. Only i got my plane ticket and went there !!you know, easy like that ...

Last edited:

If and when you come, you must let me know. I travel very often so there is a slight chance I may not be in Lahore, but if I am, I would love to show you around.

If and when you come, you must let me know. I travel very often so there is a slight chance I may not be in Lahore, but if I am, I would love to show you around.

Thank you so much bro. I am not sure, when will i visit? probably on June or August 2011. I really want to see Islamabad and Karachi. I saw many pictures of Karachi. Honestly i fell in love with it :D It's amazing.

Actually i was going to visit in this year but plans have been changed after my daughter was born. By the way, I say InsAllah ....

Thank you so much bro. I am not sure, when will i visit? probably on June or August 2011. I really want to see Islamabad and Karachi. I saw many pictures of Karachi. Honestly i fell in love with it :D It's amazing.

Actually i was going to visit in this year but plans have been changed after my daughter was born. By the way, I say InsAllah ....

Congrats bro!

But june n aug? looks like u love summers:) if u want to visit id suggest spring season.... feb would be the best time.

How come there is such a small trade volume between Pakistan and Turkey? There are endless opportunities for cooperation in construction, energy, industry, defence and many many other fields - and yet bilateral trade is almost non-existant? Something must change very quickly!

Back
Top Bottom