What's new

Pakistan to remove visa for Turkish businessmen

Thank you so much bro. I am not sure, when will i visit? probably on June or August 2011. I really want to see Islamabad and Karachi. I saw many pictures of Karachi. Honestly i fell in love with it :D It's amazing.

Actually i was going to visit in this year but plans have been changed after my daughter was born. By the way, I say InsAllah ....

There is not much to see in Karachi... other than a crowded beach.

In Lahore we have a Museum, many restaurants, golf courses, race club, open hearted people.

Islamabad, we have nice weather and Faisal Mosque.

All what is worth seeing is in the north of Pakistan.

In Lahore we have a Museum, many restaurants, golf courses, race club, open hearted people.

I understood brother. So you do suggest me to visit Lahore. don't you? I will find out more info about Lahore.

Thanks a lot ...

Last edited:
Completely disagree with the comment about Karachi.

There's beautiful golf courses, a number of very nice beaches - you need to find a friend who can book you a private hut and I'm sure someone on defence.pk will oblige if you need it. There's WONDERFUL restaurants. The Aqua Lounge in Zamzama is one of my favourites. The hand made chocolates also sold in an old Parsi shop in Zamzama are insanely delicious. Then there's the shopping, there's qawwalis at Abdullah Shah Ghazi's tomb, wonderful book stores, the world famous Bar-B-Q Tonite which is possibly the world's largest BBQ restaurant (not to mention, one of the best!). There's also the new Mohammad Bin Qasim park by the water and the brand spanking new food street which is Asia's largest. It's called Port Grand and has wonderful art shops and a cinema too.

If you like seeing old buildings, then there's Frere Hall, numerous beautiful churches... and you can't miss Mohatta Palace which houses an incredible museum. There are exhibits outside as well as on the grounds of the Palace (really a very rich businessperson's house, made in the 19th century), which has been lovingly restored to its former glory. Still on museums, the PAF museum is VERY impressive and has a great collection of aircraft. Not to be missed.

The art scene is Karachi is fantastic. If you like horses, you must watch a Polo match there. Some of Pakistan's most famous horse lovers reside in Karachi. There's horse races there as well (as there are in Lahore).

Depending on your budget, there are a large selection of hotels in Karachi. My personal favourite is the Sheraton. The last time I stayed there I got a room overseeing the grounds of Frere hall. It was very nice, and the service at that hotel is pretty darn good. They will arrange a car for you and will accommodate you in almost every way.

And oh, I almost forgot! The live music scene is hot these days. If you visit, you have to check this place out... T2F. It's a coffee house where there are regular live music shows, stand up comedy shows and much more. You can visit their website to view a list of updated upcoming events. There's always a bunch of interesting and intellectually stimulating activities going on: http://www.t2f.biz/category/events/

Also, Karachi is Pakistan's most cosmopolitan city - it truly is a miniature Pakistan. You will find every ethnicity, every religion, every background. It is an unbelievable melting pot for sure!

This was a quick little intro, but you should take a look at this page on Wikipedia. It really has some very good travel tips and advice on places to see in Karachi:

http://wikitravel.org/en/Karachi

every city in Pakistan is unique, travel everywhere if you want to see Pakistan, start from Islamabad, I have many Turkish friends in Islamabad, one of my best buddy is from Golcuk, Islamabad has a vast population of turks, well after Chinese offcourse :D

I can guide anyone if you are visiting Islamabad

There are tons of museums like Mohatta Place, PAF Museum, Maritime Museum, Jinnah Museum etc.
We have many restaurants too.
IMO the best golf course in Pakistan is Karachi Golf Club (Pakistan Open is hosted there). There are many other golf clubs in Karachi like DHA Gold Club which is located right by the blue sea.
We have tons of entertainment venues like the arena which has an indoor ice rink. Pakistan's Only 3d cinema is in Karachi (Atrium Cinema). The top hotels are located in Karachi. Best malls are in Karachi. You can find every religion,ethnicity,language in Karachi.
Port Grand largest food street in Asia is in Karachi.
There is one thing you can't find in Northern Pakistan and that is the deserts and beaches of Sindh and Balochistan.

btw Mazar-e-Quaid is in Karachi.

EDIT:
LMAO I wrote the same thing as TechLahore

I understood brother. So you do suggest me to visit Lahore. don't you? I will find out more info about Lahore.

Thanks a lot ...

Before you go make sure you follow common sense and take my advice.

Do not eat from street vendors, eat at a restaurant but not street vendors. The street vendors are unhygienic and their food isn't clean you will catch diarrhea or some other stomach ailment.

Do not drink regular tap water! Drink bottled water or boil and cool tap water. Bottled water is more convenient.

Bring sunscreen, the summer months in Pakistan will be unbearable for a Turk and really any person who is accustomed to a western and meditteranean climate.

Bring a gas mask ha actually a mouth mask, a lot of rakshas and cheap crappy cars, and trucks pollute the cities. Your breathing will take awhile to adjust to Pakistani pollution levels. Mark my words you will feel the difference in your lungs!

If your going to travel in summer, don't wear open toe sandals! Your toes will darken, wear a light shoe or even running shoe.

You will also encounter a lot of beggars at the Pakistani markets unlike your Grand Bazaar, my advice don't give the beggars money, your not there to play Jesus!

Bring a hat and good sunglasses.

This one is very important. Bring your own medicine! Bring headache, fever, stomach medicine (depending on how long you will stay there). It will come in handy.

Don't be naive there are a lot of crooks and thieves and liars in Pakistani streets, so don't allow your love and brotherly ties with Pakistan to cloud your judgment.

I hope this helps you, if you want please write down my advice I guarantee you it will help and you will thank me later!

Last edited:
^These are things you need to know to survive in Pakistan! Good luck, come back in one piece.

Awesome news - i am all in for visa free entry for Turks.

Before you go make sure you follow common sense and take my advice.

Do not eat from street vendors, eat at a restaurant but not street vendors. The street vendors are unhygienic and their food isn't clean you will catch diarrhea or some other stomach ailment.

Do not drink regular tap water! Drink bottled water or boil and cool tap water. Bottled water is more convenient.

Bring sunscreen, the summer months in Pakistan will be unbearable for a Turk and really any person who is accustomed to a western and meditteranean climate.

Bring a gas mask ha actually a mouth mask, a lot of rakshas and cheap crappy cars, and trucks pollute the cities. Your breathing will take awhile to adjust to Pakistani pollution levels. Mark my words you will feel the difference in your lungs!

If your going to travel in summer, don't wear open toe sandals! Your toes will darken, wear a light shoe or even running shoe.

You will also encounter a lot of beggars at the Pakistani markets unlike your Grand Bazaar, my advice don't give the beggars money, your not there to play Jesus!

Bring a hat and good sunglasses.

This one is very important. Bring your own medicine! Bring headache, fever, stomach medicine (depending on how long you will stay there). It will come in handy.

Don't be naive there are a lot of crooks and thieves and liars in Pakistani streets, so don't allow your love and brotherly ties with Pakistan to cloud your judgment.

I hope this helps you, if you want please write down my advice I guarantee you it will help and you will thank me later!

Thanks for your advices my friend !! I am living in Thailand and i do your advices daily here also. :confused:

hey bro Salam,
If you come to Karachi, do let me know. I can help you exploring Karachi. :)

Thanks a lot bro. Before going Pakistan, i will open new a thread at here. thanks again !!

I agree always use hat and sun glasses, rest depend where are you roaming.

I expect you to eat in restaurants, in Lahore ask for M.M.Alam road, there are lot of restaurants, local food (village restaurant), many good Chinese and western as well.
You can also go to various hotel's restaurants for eating.
Good hotels are not as many as in Istanbul but enough to accommodate visitors, make advance booking price range from $50-$100/night. in acceptable to good hotels.
You may also consider renting a car with driver... use hertz, budget, avis etc.
For shopping sports goods and leather products are my recommendation.
Further guidance can bee seeked over internet. e.g.

http://www.tdcp.gop.pk/Destinations/HistoricalPlaces/Forts/LahoreFort/tabid/264/Default.aspx

Last edited:
What kind of attitude is that? As Muslims it is our duty to help the poor. Our culture is different from your western culture.

Back
Top Bottom