What's new

Pakistan to release 360 Indian prisoners in four phases through April

Frankly, I have no say but I wish India does reciprocate, I read we have done goodwill releases earlier. Good thing that I came across is, in 2018 India & Pak have signed an agreement through which both countries get regular data from each other about the number of prisoners in their jail.

Its unimaginable to remain locked in another country's jail for years, far away from family...

I fully agree with you. We can hope that this Goodwill will be reciprocated and will multiply and gradually wewe wi have very nice relations. After all we are same People we look same we have same culture and we have same customs. Unfortunately things went wrong after 1947 but we should hope that age old friendship will prevail of short age enemty.

I totally agree with you, but like I said is your country going to the same is the question. And frankly given the recent events after returning your pilot india has done nothing in return rather then talk about war which is not a easy game in this age. Sorry to say but your govt needs to come to its senses and give back a little when given from the other side. Both nations need to end this BS bloodshed it wont get both anywhere while the world laughs at us and makes money from us in arms simply.
Agree...

There are some positive events as well that took place recently, so there is still so much of hope...but I think things would normalise after general election in India.

Imran Khan: Received msg from PM Modi: "I extend my greetings & best wishes to the people of Pakistan on the National Day of Pakistan. It is time that ppl of Sub-continent work together for a democratic, peaceful, progressive & prosperous region, in an atmosphere free of terror and violence"

Modi also conveyed his thanks for releasing pilot

Foreign Office spokesperson Dr Mohammad Faisal on Friday announced that Pakistan will be releasing 360 Indian prisoners over the month of April, a process which will be carried out in four phases.

"It is hoped that India will respond positively to this decision by Pakistan," Dr Faisal said while addressing his weekly briefing to the media in Islamabad.

Providing details regarding the release, the spokesperson said that currently there are 347 Pakistani prisoners in India and 537 Indian prisoners in Pakistan. Pakistan shall be releasing 360 Indian prisoners, of which 355 are fishermen and 5 are civilians.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1474111/p...indian-prisoners-in-four-phases-through-april

Good Gesture...Peace!
India should reciprocate in same

On the other hand they have killed a few Pakistani prisoners the disgusting nation we have as a neighbour

I'm usually all for this but 2 Pakistani prisoners were brutally beaten and killed in India.
No need for this, keep them there, daal, water and roti costs nothing.
Stupid soft power does not work with them anymore.

I'm usually all for this but 2 Pakistani prisoners were brutally beaten and killed in India.
No need for this, keep them there, daal, water and roti costs nothing.
Stupid soft power does not work with them anymore.
Bhaijaan.. thats easy to write in an air-conditioned glass room but we can;t imagine innocents like fishermen sitting away from their families just to satisfy egos of our governments.

I expect India to reciprocate the same & release the innocent civilians.

And bhai , there are multiple cases of prision beating (Sarabjit) but no point dragging things which are of past now.
At least the two Govments leave the respective Civilians. Civilians are Civilians man...be Hindu, Muslim, Sikh,,anyone.
@war&peace

In my opinion, it is idiotic to arrest the poor fishermen and confiscate his boat as both India & Pakistan do. These guys are not smugglers, drug traffickers or infiltrators.

As already posted, most fishermen are hardworking folk earning an honest living from the sweat of their brow and cross over because of it not easy to judge the boundary while at sea. IMHO, after ensuring that these were genuine fishermen; they should be allowed to sail home after a severe reprimand and only the persistent offenders should be imprisoned.

However, when it comes to the milk of human kindness, both the governments are severely lacking.

"It is hoped that India will respond positively to this decision by Pakistan," Dr Faisal said while addressing his weekly briefing to the media in Islamabad.
Good Gesture...Peace!
I hope so, but the fact is India always find negative approach out of positive gesture.

Your pathetic shithole killed two Pakistani prisoners and we are releasing your prisoners is extremely stupid.

Man, 350 is not huge number and they are not living in first class jails rather in the lowest class which is available for common prisoners.
Still feeding them and I would like that money to go to something productive, this is just a stupid, childish grudge. We are better then that

Let us all say together

" More power to Modi "
" More fuel to his election campaign "

That's what the current government is behaving like giving brownie points to Modi to use in his election campaigns.
How much time it will take Modi and indians to claim this as another victory over Pakistan same as Abhinandan?

What we will get in return?
Few more dead Pakistani Prisoners..

A Pakistani fisherman, identified as fisherman Noorul Amin, was killed on March 29 by Indian jail staff, according to media reports.

His funeral prayers were offered on Friday in the Korangi area of Ibrahim Hyderi after his body was shifted to Pakistan Thursday night.

People attended Amin’s last rites in large numbers. He was laid to rest in a local graveyard.

Related: Pakistani prisoner murdered inside Indian jail

Earlier, when his body was transported to his native area, people, including his relatives and neighbours, raised anti-India slogans and expressed their outrage.

Noor was incarcerated at a jail in India’s Gujarat. He was reportedly tortured to death at the jail.

He was captured along with other fishermen by the Indian coast guards in 2017 when the fisherman’s barge entered India’s marine limit by mistake. He was killed days before his release.

In February, Shakirullah Ilyas, another Pakistani national was stoned to death at India’s Jaipur Central Jail in Rajasthan by three fellow inmates, police said. The brutal stoning occurred in the backdrop of India-Pakistan escalation at the Line of Control in February.

Mentally challenged Shakirullah was arrested on charges of espionage after he mistakenly crossed into Indian territory.

https://www.samaa.tv/news/2019/04/pakistani-fisherman-killed-in-indian-jail-laid-to-rest/

@PeaceBeWithYou @Chaukidaar @God Parshuram @kris

Foreign Office spokesperson Dr Mohammad Faisal on Friday announced that Pakistan will be releasing 360 Indian prisoners over the month of April, a process which will be carried out in four phases.

Providing details regarding the release, the spokesperson said that currently there are 347 Pakistani prisoners in India and 537 Indian prisoners in Pakistan. Pakistan shall be releasing 360 Indian prisoners, of which 355 are fishermen and 5 are civilians.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1474111/p...indian-prisoners-in-four-phases-through-april

Good Gesture...Peace!

Good gesture. India must reciprocate.

In the first case imprisoning a trespassing fisherman on either side is wrong. In an ideal friendlier world possibly impound the boat for a period of time but handover arrested fisherman to the other side at the earliest possible time.

This gesture from Pak will have more weight if they act on Azhar Masood. It is naïve to believe Indians will warm up to such gestures without Pak acting on India's core concerns.

Back
Top Bottom