What's new

Pakistan to push for AH-1Z Viper sale.

Chinese-Z-10-Attack-Helicopter-gunship-PLA-PLAAF-5-640x380.jpg

This would be enough for Pakistan not sure why Pakistan is chasing the out dated helicopter from US

armed+Chinese+Z-10+Attack+Helicopter+gunship+PLA+Peoples+Liberation+Army+Air+Force+export+pakitan+missile+hj10+atgm+rocket+wz-10+radaraam+++WZ-9+turboshaft+engine+%282%29.jpg

80 Of these machines in Pakistan ,with some TOT deal is more then enough for our needs
This platform has every thing we need for Attack helicopter

Ummah and TOT, why stop their why not ask for whitehouse for Nora brothers while we at it.

wait what happened to the deal with the Russians ??? were they not capable ???

the Mi-35s and Mi-28s

mi-25-3.jpg

1236800763_o.jpg

did sh*t hit the fan ?

IMO they were much better.........

are we considering the vipers due to some geopolitical situation !?!?!

Buy them while they cheap! Ruble value has gone down! Buy them now!

After we replace the Cobras, Pakistan should look forward to our own Helo program.

if Pakistan does buy the Viper I hope they get a few thousand APKWS II for it.

literally can buy 4 or 5 APKWS for around the same price of 1 Hellfire

Buy them while they cheap! Ruble value has gone down! Buy them now!

Not really.

Sure Russians may cut down the price a bit.

but remember this.

pakistanis "unfortunately" can't buy.

We have always gotten our military equipment from USA under one or the other AID program.

And today is not the time that russians will start a similar AID program for Pakistan.

They themselves are struggling badly.

Not really.

but remember this.

We have always gotten our military equipment from USA under one or the other AID program.

And today is not the time that russians will start a similar AID program for Pakistan.

May be Pakistan can do some barter deal as the cost of Ruble will be almost similar to PKR. Russia is the importer of vegetables and fruits come from europe which are now under sanctions. Pakistan is agricultural state and can ship these to Russia for Heli's or other goodies.

May be Pakistan can do some barter deal as the cost of Ruble will be almost similar to PKR. Russia is the importer of vegetables and fruits come from europe which are now under sanctions. Pakistan is agricultural state and can ship these to Russia for Heli's or other goodies.

No need to throw around empty slogans.

Say how many vegetables Pakistan has exported last year

And how many helicopters could be bought.

otherwise it is just like you selling a lot of hot air.

Not really.

but remember this.

There are a few points worthy of mention.
Firstly the US attitude towards Pakistan has been opportunistic. Whether this has been on account of our own dilly dallying or the regional compulsions of the US can be debates separately. The recent change in their policy may raise hopes but for how long remains to be seen.
Cobra Zulu will initially fulfil the needs for the US forces and therefore may not be available for sale NOW when we need choppers for action in NWA. The interim sution is more upgraded Cobras but if this were the case why have these not materialized now rather than an empty promise.
MI 35/28 maybe available much sooner. USSR has setup a credit line for 2 billion which can be utilized and the commonality of parts mainly engines between our current fleet of MI 17 and the establishment of the recent overhaul facilities may make it a more workable solution. What further concessions Pak can extract out of the red bear needs to be seen. However this too seems to be an interim solution and the long term goals re helo platforms remain unclear at least to me.
I personally don't think the Zulu Cobra is our end point and this is where my confusion lies. The long term geo-strategic end point might mean a more regional liaison rather than long distance relationships. I don't think we will ever change enough to be completely in tune with the US strategic view of the region if there is one!!
Araz

the AH-1Cobra sure has come a long way.
to think Pakistan might be the first international customer who will undoubtedly use it on bad guys right away :yahoo:

Firstly the US attitude towards Pakistan has been opportunistic.
Araz

bhai jaan

Russia and China too are opportunistic (if not more) compared to USA.

I don't know why we think calling another country "brother" really turns that country into a fluffy doll that one could carry around.

you are not alone. All our media has this type of robot statements about other countries.

bhai jaan

Russia and China too are opportunistic (if not more) compared to USA.

I don't know why we think calling another country "brother" really turns that country into a fluffy doll that one could carry around.

you are not alone. All our media has this type of robot statements about other countries.

EVERY country is only there to serve its OWN national interests. Always. Why is this so hard to understand?

the reason why we are pursuing the AH-1Z is that its a much similar heli to the one that we already have, we need the attack heli now in NW. we cant waist months on training people how to fly a chinese or turkish helicopter

Its a HELICOPTER my grandmother can fly a helicopter

The fact we are , licking US copter's windshields, political pressure nothing more

1- Chinese HELICOPTER is "FULL" of goods , and gadget and EXACTLY what we need
2- Russian Helicopters are also lethal , a bit old but will get the Job Done
3- Turkish helicopters are alot of political wrangling but will get job Done

We just need to Buy ... and no more delays , because delays cost lives, when lives are lost Nawaz sharif flies off to UK or he creates a committee for investigation

Back
Top Bottom