What's new

Pakistan to procure 6.2m mosquito nets from India

Comparison to US is not correct. In U.S., a lot of imports are to reduce cost. All the stuff that you see in Wal-Mart will cost many times more if done in U.S. That is not the case for Pakistan. They can save foreign currency (of which they have a crisis now) and give employment to a lot of ordinary people with a sewing machine by giving 100 meters of cloth each and telling them every net you bring we will give 1,000 rupees or whatever. When they bring the nets, you give them another bolt of fabric. Think of it as a welfare project, to give them assistance and dignity of work at the same time.
Of course US imports low value goods from developing countries, I do not deny that. I only cited US to make the point that desperate times can result in shortages that cannot be domestically fulfilled even if the country is capable of doing so under normal circumstances. Like in this case, Pakistan suddenly needs a large number of nets immediately. It is not like they needed nets 6 months or a year from now. Please be pragmatic about the situation at hand. :coffee:

Why procuring? India is our enemy, right? Kashmir day??? black day orange day? You can't be friends and enemies at the same time. Stop this duplicity.

Of course US imports low value goods from developing countries, I do not deny that. I only cited US to make the point that desperate times can result in shortages that cannot be domestically fulfilled even if the country is capable of doing so under normal circumstances. Like in this case, Pakistan suddenly needs a large number of nets immediately. It is not like they needed nets 6 months or a year from now. Please be pragmatic about the situation at hand. :coffee:
Agree, if they consider it a life and death emergency, anything possible should be done. However, one cannot but chuckle that just a few days back there was a scandal when someone asked the PM permission to import some power distribution equipment. The PM said no as it would look bad.

Dhor fita mo on this nation that you have to import mosquito nets, the most basic of production output you couldn’t do. A country of 220 million producing worthless children and leaders with no qualities.

I don't even know where to begin. This country disappoints me every day I wake up.

We would have been better off remaining a British colony; independence and lives lost due to migration were absolute mistakes.

This whole country was a f*king mistake.
Is qom ko dandy ki adat ho chuki hy. School sy dandy ki adat dal daty hain. Baray ho ker independent mature thinking ki capability nhi rahti.

Ager accountability system sahi ho tu Sab line per a hain. Right now country is functioning like a 3rd grade class Room without teacher in the room.

But why does a textile exporting country waste precious dollars importing mosquito nets? Isn't a net easier to make than a shirt? 5 rectangular pieces of fabric and 8 straight stitches. 6.2 m nets can give employment to 62,000 Pakistanis if each sews 100 in 2 weeks.
This is Pakistan you are talking about, corruption is rule of the day.

Why are people overthinking this ? In times of crises, do the logistically and financial expedient thing and get your needs met and help the people. I don't think India has any intention of politicizing this either.

Don't have to be enemies 24/7.

its a life saving import. saves millions of lives from malaria and also from sickness
do you want people to suffer fever and malaria? which could be solved by simply importing these nets from a surplus nation?
although. could have imported from china but am sure the choice would have been explored.

keep humans / citizens safe first, and stop the hatred for sometime.

Why are people overthinking this ? In times of crises, do the logistically and financial expedient thing and get your needs met and help the people. I don't think India has any intention of politicizing this either.

Don't have to be enemies 24/7.
Normally, imports and exports are most boring topics to discuss. But the recent agitation about whether onions and tomatoes should be imported (from India) to feed hungry people or import power equipment to keep light on gives a sense of pathos to this non-story.

Kashmir is burning and shahbaz buying nets from India ....fvckin traitors .

Better than dying of malaria, the end justify the means, even if it is with your enemy

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom