What's new

Pakistan to let Americans and Afghans transit through Karachi

@Moon @Falconless
Reagan carrier group is off the coast of Gwadar so i don't think they would need to station at Gwadar if it is considered.

From 1.31 to 2.03

US and Allied forces have asked Pakistan for help in the evacuation.
Pakistan has agreed to help.
US + Allied forces will station 3k to 4k troops in Karachi. Pakistan will issue visas for them.
Prior to transfer to the US, they will be kept in Pakistan for a month. Accommodation will be arranged by Sindh Govt.
Flts from Kabul will possibly start landing tomorrow.
Due to rush at Islamabad airport, Karachi was chosen.

Is this due to Quad 2.0, that everyone seem to be ignoring?
July 16, 2021
US & many NATO countries are our trading partners as well, so get them home safe. They are leaving Afghanistan

Providing criminals with safe passage is not a good sign at all. But a show of weakness to the bully.

Pakistani airspace is a free zone for Americans like it has always been. It allowed Americans to set fire on all neighbors of this country including Pakistan itself.

When you see Groups like JuA appeared capable of crossing Afghan Pakistan borders and carrying out attacks against Iranian borders, its a sign of Foreign presence in the area and Foreign hands supporting terrorists.

ISIS owes its very existence and capabilities to USA and its cover operations.

Wow now this move really hurts your image as a strong nation. I want our rival nation to be strong enough to say no to the yanks once in a while really. No sovereign nation would allow this when their own populace is so anti-west. The fact that you were forced by circumstance to accept such a deal (if true) really is a permanent stain on your image.

That's because there is no space in Qatar anymore. Three days I read a news on yahoo that US is looking to add Pakistan in their evacuation destination as well. Now Islamabad hotels already booked for US for 21 days so as of Karachi.
What does Pakistan get in return?
Sudden approval of stalled IMF $2.7 billions deal with lesser caveats attached to it.

Very strange developments may result in very strange out comes as well …

I don't understand how this thread has gone viral on PDF.. hosting American troops for 4 weeks on a transit out of Afghanistan is hardly buss worthy imho.. Thread title is also misleading..

Pakistan has denied permement bases to the US but it doesn't mean it can't help them transition out of the country and I also believe they will bring alot of hardware over until they take it which is why it will take around 4 weeks but nonetheless we will happily help them leave even if it means a 4 weeks tranist in pakistan

That's because there is no space in Qatar. Islamabad hotels already booked for US for 21 days so as Karachi.

Sudden approval of stalled IMF $2.7 billions deal with lesser caveats attached to it.
Austin called Behrain too yesterday but these small places don't have much space Qatar ppl living in hangers
No I think not.
Pakistan should be ready for sanctions.
For what???

I absolutely believe that a deal should be made.
In all seriousness post Afghan exit what we really was from US would be trade and investment not military or civil aid

US and Pakistani interests dont align on some regional issues so I dont think a strong military cooperation would work out in the long run

From 1.31 to 2.03

US and Allied forces have asked Pakistan for help in the evacuation.
Pakistan has agreed to help.
US + Allied forces will station 3k to 4k troops in Karachi. Pakistan will issue visas for them.
Prior to transfer to the US, they will be kept in Pakistan for a month. Accommodation will be arranged by Sindh Govt.
Flts from Kabul will possibly start landing tomorrow.
Due to rush at Islamabad airport, Karachi was chosen.

Is this due to Quad 2.0, that everyone seem to be ignoring?
July 16, 2021
Musharraf 2.0?

In all seriousness post Afghan exit what we really was from US would be trade and investment not military or civil aid

US and Pakistani interests dont align on some regional issues so I dont think a strong military cooperation would work out in the long run

You may very well be right. Was just stating my opinion That a deal should be done.

I obviously have no political power, but if it was up to me, I would lobby the Congress to try get a deal done.

Back
Top Bottom