What's new

Pakistan to let Americans and Afghans transit through Karachi

If this news is even slightly true Bajwa and Imran Khan can pack their bags. US or NATO presence in Pakistan won't be tolerated.

Source : Geo news. Not seen any other reports. I can't trust Geo as a verified source so I'm not sure this is true

We'll build one then... Current airport of Gwadar is 6500ft, we need to add another 3500. It's definitely do-able.
Runways aren’t roads, it will take months to add that 3500 ft, plus the new airport is already under construction and the current site will be in the middle of the new city. So a waste of time and energy.

There is nothing they can do more from karachi airport that they can not do from karachi embassy, irrespective of the argument that this is not their intent

UAE is better suited for stationing/transit for US troops, it is just 1 hour away from Karachi. DXB airport is big enough for that.

Why not keep them there.

I already forsee clifton, sea view becoming a no go area for Karachiite.

UAE is better suited for stationing/transit for US troops, it is just 1 hour away from Karachi. DXB airport is big enough for that.

Why not keep them there.

I already forsee clifton, sea view becoming a no go area for Karachiite.
You should call the Americans and ask.

My guess would be costs, Dubai is expensive and Karachi is cheap.

All this is assuming that this news story isn’t bogus.

China did colonize Korea, Siberia, Mongolia and Vietnam in the past.
Taiwan as well, was a part of Polynesia before Chinese settlement.

Has China dropped Nuclear bombs, MOABs, started countless wars... Invaded Syria, Afg, Libya, Yemen to please Israel.

Dont bring China into this. its irrelevent.

China built a civil Nuclear reactor for Pakistan, did US do same?

Runways aren’t roads, it will take months to add that 3500 ft, plus the new airport is already under construction and the current site will be in the middle of the new city. So a waste of time and energy.
All I'm saying is, we need to maximize whatever we're getting out of this. If it is true.

Just curious @akramishaqkhan, will you say the same when and if the Chinese station troops in Gwadar and other Pakistani cities?
I will say exactly the same thing, even if Nordic females invaded Pakistan . If we want to be a nation, in the truest sense, we need to start acting like one. I think it was Hobbes who said that for any system to survive as a nation, the sovereign (nation) must usurp certain core elements over its subjects. One of those is the right over life and liberty. Only a sovereign should singularly have and exhibit that right and any doubt in that (no matter how small), can cause a nation's construct to begin to unravel (he used better words).

Pakistani State and her institutions need to become stronger, and every time we do crap like our Mushy (supreme leader) did, (with bases, BW, CIA agents, allowing drones), what we in-fact are doing is unraveling the fabric of our nationhood. Every-time we sign a peace deal with groups (TTP, BLA, BRA, TLP, Red Mosque) that take life and law into its hands, we are unraveling our nation. Every-time we allow a non-state (or a foreign) actor to exhibit judgement over life (liberty and property), we are unraveling our nation. THIS notion - is 101 in nation building, but somehow escapes the logic of our leaders.

This is the reason of the bombings in Kabul.

" "

In all honesty, it’s a bad decision to even bring them to Pakistan even for transit purposes. The flights could’ve easily gone from Kabul to any place in the Middle East. I fear bringing them here could invite unintended attention and suicide blasts as we saw today. It’s a reckless move if this news is true.

Secondly, need to get out of this business of helping US each and every time it’s never brought us any good before and never will it in the future. Being a Good Samaritan doesn’t always pay of.

Last edited:
Pakistani's needs to look beyond their noses, Its a good decision to give Americans passage to leave with every American and Afghan they want to take, this will bring massive Positive PR for Pakistan, and eventually America will leave as many Pakistani's want, even if Pakistan does not ask for anything in return (favors) they should still help Americans take their stuff out of Afghanistan, lots of blood has been shed for Afghanistan while Afghan army just ran off like cowards, no American or Pakistani or anyone should die for Afghanistan, Period.

Salaam

The actual news seems clear that they will be transitioning here not stationed.

They are not getting a military base just getting accomodations till they are able to leave for the US. My guess is it's in response to the bombing and the approaching deadline.

I don't understand why many here are reacting to this news as if Pakistan has given the US a military base here.

Has China dropped Nuclear bombs, MOABs, started countless wars... Invaded Syria, Afg, Libya, Yemen to please Israel.

Dont bring China into this. its irrelevent.

China built a civil Nuclear reactor for Pakistan, did US do same?
Thank you for being a hypocrite.

In all honesty it’s a bad decision to even bring them to Pakistan even for transit purposes. The flight could’ve easily from from Kabul to any place in the Middle East. I fear bringing them here could invite uninvited attention and suicide blasts as we saw today. It’s a reckless move if this news is true. If something of this nature happens from these terror groups then Pakistan would be deserving of it for being idiots.
Mideast has space issue try to understand

It would attract Daesh and other proxies who will make it worse for Pakistan and US as well.

Picking fights with Americans now when it’s leaving is stupid. Let them stay for 3 weeks then they be gone. Groups like TTP are going to attack us anyway Americans or not. That’s on mushraf for being such a cavalier on usage of drone strikes on our fellow FATA villages

Back
Top Bottom