What's new

Pakistan to get more SAAB 2000 Erieyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, "rules in place to stop dictators", that's sums my point.
By the way, have you ever about Thailand? you sold both erieye and gripen to them right? They've had a history of military rule don't they.

Regards.
But they are not Muslim are they? So stop being so silly, don't u know higher standards are expected from a Muslim nation.

@Dazzler , you are right. They wil sell anything & everything to india despite their human-rights records. Being at bombardier years ago, i am aware of their cheap tactics. This goes for almost all european countries without exception. They never sell a product until they have all contingencies in place. I have heard people saying offline, we'll sell a country our AeSp products and make arrangements for proxies to take out these assetts, making money and extracting political advantage from both sides. Pakistan beware.

You are the one who is trolling here. I am just showing you the mirror, why you find that offensive? The same Swedes are hell-bent on selling Gripen to a country that holds the worst human rights record in this region. Now don't give me the democracy part as both protocols i.e human rights and demcracy are well connected right?
Sweden is as biased as any democracy in Europe. How on Earth they sold an Awacs system, regardless of defensive or offnsive, to a dictator.
Ask anyone and they'll tell you that such assets are called "force multiplyers" for a reason. In fact, the AWACS is the ultimate offensive weapon as it can precisely guide and send hordes of offensive assets to the battlefield. If that's not offensive, nothing is.

Paf has now per paf history d level or depot level repair and overhaul setup for Saab 2k first of kind for large commercial a/c so paf will stick to Saab 2k as
Far as other improvements that can /are part of paf for Example there is a belly mounted sensor in a dome. Not sure if it is maritime radar or what but looks similar to what paf da20 ew panes have so good possibility no 3 sqn doing awacs plus ew role of da 20. ;)

The rules are in place to stop dictators from putting down legitimate resistance,
not to block countries from defending themselves.
EriEyes are not very useful for riot control.

So far India has not had any Military coups, Pakistan has.
That is a key factor, but there are a lot of other considerations,
and a conclusion has to be made in each case.

It's funny how you keep trying to beat around the bush. Pakistan, with all its coups, has no history of its dictators putting down legitimate resistances of its people against their rule. India on the other hand, with all its 'democracy, has a +70 year long history of ethnic cleansing, genocide, subjugation and mass murder of women and children, as reported by independent western human rights watchdogs, in the land which every entity, including India, accepts to be disputed.

So much for your considerations.

Lol, "rules in place to stop dictators", that's sums my point.
By the way, have you ever about Thailand? you sold both erieye and gripen to them right? They've had a history of military rule don't they.
Regards.

Once something is sold, it will be supported.

It's funny how you keep trying to beat around the bush. Pakistan, with all its coups, has no history of its dictators putting down legitimate resistances of its people against their rule. India on the other hand, with all its 'democracy, has a +70 year long history of ethnic cleansing, genocide, subjugation and mass murder of women and children, as reported by independent western human rights watchdogs, in the land which every entity, including India, accepts to be disputed.

So much for your considerations.
That is Your position, and it is not neccessary shared by us.
Start a thread, if You want to discuss in detail.
A recommendation to every other that wants to continue the discussion.

@MastanKhan and @at all the other Members here, why we need more AWACS, should we not buy with the same budget fighter Jets?

*Mod edit: Derailing and off-topic discussion*

By the way I am not much into AWACS so what is difference between the model we are buying and GLOBAL EYE version ?
And you started your baseless crap wishful thinking:blah:

@MastanKhan and @at all the other Members here, why we need more AWACS, should we not buy with the same budget fighter Jets?
Because of the area it surveys for movement of the enemy! AWAC were originally needed for just the indian border, now we have iran and afghanistan to the list as well. If we just get a standard AWAC then it will not be sufficient better to get the complete package with ATOR as well.

Last edited:
I know what ACM said and what actually he is doing. 5th Generation are 15 years away and PAF wants Jets before that and EFT and J-10 C will come

Pakistan will go for EFT trenche and UK and and Italy and Spain are fully ready to sell us Jets and Missiles in fact they are trying it for years now. The point is PAF needs a 4.5th Generation Fighter and considers EFT best option

My friend let it be, let's say Allah HU Alim, see the guys are making jokes about you, so change your posting type and art. Take my advice! Let's stay on topic!

Honest speaking members like Zarvan needs to be banned for good .. there was a member black hawk 101 , who loved to post BS and exaggerated numbers and today his ID is Resting in peace and sparing us to read such BS .. and now its high time to banned Members who polluted all Threats but their bs sources of Su-35, J-10C, and EFT in hundreds ..
@WebMaster do consider this , after going through few threads on PDF that has Zarvan's input

let's forget for a minute about what Sweden sells and not! Let's be glad that we have AWACs. Let's work to develop R&D so we will never have to buy from EU/US again with all their bulls#it about not selling weapons because they can make more money elsewhere crap.

Will these talk to JFs ?

Absolutely. You guys have built the "Link-17" for the JF-17 to do just that. From what I know, this is a bridge protocol providing convergence and data integration capability between the Chinese and the US/French (Link-16) platforms. So Pakistan's AEW platforms, both the Erieye's and the Chinese ZDK, can transmit/receive data from Western and the Chinese platforms.

I am more excited because it shows that SAAB don't have any issues selling us weapons. Because after first 4 there were reports that SAAB may not sell us any more weapons but now it seem they have changed the policy.

No policy change. They still won't sell Pakistan any offensive weapons, period. The issue had come about for even defensive weapons, like the Radars, ELINT, SIGNIT, etc, and they stopped any additional Erieye sales a few years ago. That part has been rolled back.

If Pakistan remains on the same economic course that she's finally started to be on, and a democratic system stays in place, Saab will start to sell the offensive capability as Pakistan has become one of the fastest growing markets, with stability and peace. Everyone would want to work with a high potential country to make profits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom