What's new

Pakistan to get more SAAB 2000 Erieyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shahid Masood is a loud mouth trying to sound important and all knowing with political agenda. He is not a neutral, investigative honest journalist.

If KSA is ready to help then EFT n Aster-30 block-1NT should be considered by PAF and Government.

I think Shahid Masood discussed about corruption in up coming deal of fighter jets with Russia.

Shahid Masood is a loud mouth trying to sound important and all knowing with political agenda. He is not a neutral, investigative honest journalist.
He is honest if he exposes PML N thugs that doesn't mean he is corrupt and he is has good sources in establishment. Secondly there are few other journalists who talked about this issue also.

Still no one answered my question what is the difference between the version we are buying and the version called Global Eye from same company ?

He is honest if he exposes PML N thugs that doesn't mean he is corrupt and he is has good sources in establishment. Secondly there are few other journalists who talked about this issue also.

Still no one answered my question what is the difference between the version we are buying and the version called Global Eye from same company ?
Hazrat We are buying it with just the radar! the long tooda that sits or stands on the top of the aircraft. GlobalEye is that tooda and a radar in the belly with a optical gimbal like on drones with additional capabilities for Electronic intelligence and movement monitoring.

globaleye-system-overview_2.jpg

Hazrat We are buying it with just the radar! the long tooda that sits or stands on the top of the aircraft. GlobalEye is that tooda and a radar in the belly with a optical gimbal like on drones with additional capabilities for Electronic intelligence and movement monitoring.

globaleye-system-overview_2.jpg
I think he may be asking if the PAF is selecting the Erieye ER over the Erieye. The Erieye uses GaN-based TRMs and has 70% more range. I'd say the most likely outcome is the Erieye, i.e. the same radar already in the PAF.

I think he may be asking if the PAF is selecting the Erieye ER over the Erieye. The Erieye uses GaN-based TRMs and has 70% more range. I'd say the most likely outcome is the Erieye, i.e. the same radar already in the PAF.

Won't it make more sense to go for th GlobalEye given the evolving threats the PAF faces?

Can the existing be upgraded to the GlobalEye standard? it would be a giant leap in capabilities if existing systems can be brought up to GlobalEye standard.

Can the existing be upgraded to the GlobalEye standard? it would be a giant leap in capabilities if existing systems can be brought up to GlobalEye standard.

Won't it make more sense to go for th GlobalEye given the evolving threats the PAF faces?

I think the EO/IR, SAR, maritime surveillance radar, etc, can be fit, but upgrading the Erieye to Erieye ER likely isn't possible considering the latter uses GaN-based TRMs. However, the EO/IR, SAR, MSR, etc, should be doable.

I think the EO/IR, SAR, maritime surveillance radar, etc, can be fit, but upgrading the Erieye to Erieye ER likely isn't possible considering the latter uses GaN-based TRMs. However, the EO/IR, SAR, MSR, etc, should be doable.
Then can the old antenna be replaced with new GaN based antenna's?

Sorry mate, not buying your democracy rhetoric. Sweden, like any EU country would sold anything to anyone with money. No money, no honey. Simple.

There are numerous cases where people have been rejected.
Countries include Saudi Arabia, where money is no problem.
Post reported for Trolling.

There are numerous cases where people have been rejected.
Countries include Saudi Arabia, where money is no problem.
Post reported for Trolling.

You are the one who is trolling here. I am just showing you the mirror, why you find that offensive? The same Swedes are hell-bent on selling Gripen to a country that holds the worst human rights record in this region. Now don't give me the democracy part as both protocols i.e human rights and demcracy are well connected right?
Sweden is as biased as any democracy in Europe. How on Earth they sold an Awacs system, regardless of defensive or offnsive, to a dictator.
Ask anyone and they'll tell you that such assets are called "force multiplyers" for a reason. In fact, the AWACS is the ultimate offensive weapon as it can precisely guide and send hordes of offensive assets to the battlefield. If that's not offensive, nothing is.

Then can the old antenna be replaced with new GaN based antenna's?

GlobalEye is not based on SAAB 2000, it based on the Bombardier Global 6000.
Mounting the GlobalEye radar on the smaller SAAB 2000 is a new project.

UAE bought two GlobalEye for 1,27B$ and an additional aircraft cost $238M.
A commercial Bombardier Global 6000 is $60M (2015)

Not a lot to be saved by mounting the radar on existing SAAB 2000.

You are the one who is trolling here. I am just showing you the mirror, why you find that offensive? The same Swedes are hell-bent on selling Gripen to a country that holds the worst human rights record in this region. Now don't give me the democracy part as both protocols i.e human rights and demcracy are well connected right?
Sweden is as biased as any democracy in Europe. How on Earth they sold an Awacs system, regardless of defensive or offnsive, to a dictator.
Ask anyone and they'll tell you that such assets are called "force multiplyers" for a reason. In fact, the AWACS is the ultimate offensive weapon as it can precisely guide and send hordes of offensive assets to the battlefield. If that's not offensive, nothing is.

The rules are in place to stop dictators from putting down legitimate resistance,
not to block countries from defending themselves.
EriEyes are not very useful for riot control.

So far India has not had any Military coups, Pakistan has.
That is a key factor, but there are a lot of other considerations,
and a conclusion has to be made in each case.

The rules are in place to stop dictators from putting down legitimate resistance,
not to block countries from defending themselves.
EriEyes are not very useful for riot control.

So far India has not had any Military coups, Pakistan has.
That is a key factor, but there are a lot of other considerations,
and a conclusion has to be made in each case.

Lol, "rules in place to stop dictators", that's sums my point.
By the way, have you ever heard about Thailand? you sold both erieye and gripen to them right? They've had a history of military rule don't they.

Regards.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom