What's new

Pakistan to get more SAAB 2000 Erieyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
PAF is cash-strapped, a new 4.5 gen aircraft will require billions. Given the constraints, I am not optimistic about Typhoon, Su-35, J-10 or even MiG-35 (though the need was always there).

Currently, PAF is focusing on replacing obsolete F-7P & Mirage III / V (non-ROSE) aircraft operated by five squadrons. At least three of those will be replaced by JF-17s. I am inclined to believe PAF is desperate for another two squadrons of F-16s (old or new).

In interviews, senior PAF officials have repeatedly said PAC and PAF's future lies in manufacturing and operating 5th gen fighters. Eventually, they will commit to a program (TFX or FC-31) and invest all they have.
Money is there and few more Nawaz has to release which he is not doing and that is why Air Chief is meeting him over and over again. But he would also Saudis are offering help.

No:disagree: they have to replace their vast numbers of J-7 and J-8, they have to filled that void with J-10C, as for Pakistan J-10C is still 5 years away from now:p:
They have massive production line and within no time can increase it further and also there Air Force is not desperate to replace there old Air Crafts because they already have enough to keep countries at bay. Secondly J-10 C will come with TOT.

Recently a major delegation from France came including main guys from all of its defence companies and they offered lot of weapons

Really, then why media not reported it?? And what they offered?? Till now you have been proven wrong about your predictions so be careful before posting some thing as it hurts your credibility.

Very smart purchase. They can see Indian fighters taxiing on the runway!
But 7 were enough don't you think

Really, then why media not reported it?? And what they offered?? Till now you have been proven wrong about your predictions so be careful before posting some thing as it hurts your credibility.
Media hardly reported anything about that delegation and Armed Forces don't release things to media until deals are finalized even many times they are also kept secret and we only come to know about weapons when we see them in exercises or parade or pictures are leaked on internet

On most of the time I have been proven right from Submarine nuclear plants to recent Corvette deal news and several more

But 7 were enough don't you think

Media hardly reported anything about that delegation and Armed Forces don't release things to media until deals are finalized even many times they are also kept secret and we only come to know about weapons when we see them in exercises or parade or pictures are leaked on internet

On most of the time I have been proven right from Submarine nuclear plants to recent Corvette deal news and several more

Quote your post in a specific thread to have some credibility.

Quote your post in a specific thread to have some credibility.
Please follow this forum regularly you would know I told about the deal of corvette few months ago but it wasn't signed yet only reached but than it was signed at IDEF 2017. I told about Pakistan developing nuclear plant for submarine every one made fun and after 6 months @Oscar confirmed it and there are several more times I have been proven right

Very smart purchase. They can see Indian fighters taxiing on the runway!
I don't know why people are overly criticizing PAF for not doing much in terms of acquiring latest multi role fighter. They played the waiting game smartly. Them not jumping onto a new fighter platform was a major reason of India's indecisiveness in purchasing their 126 MRCAs, and after so many years India still have only committed 36 Rafales. This gives Pakistan good time to study and chose the best counter measure available, and continues to keep India guessing. PAF in the meanwhile have gained on improving EW and surveillance capability. The additional Erieyes will , as you put, allow PAF to monitor taxiing IAF aircrafts. And once the aircraft is located and monitored all it requires is a good BVR missile to take it on. And Pakistan is not lagging too behind on BVR front

Smart act by PAF

I don't know why people are overly criticizing PAF for not doing much in terms of acquiring latest multi role fighter. They played the waiting game smartly. Them not jumping onto a new fighter platform was a major reason of India's indecisiveness in purchasing their 126 MRCAs, and after so many years India still have only committed 36 Rafales. This gives Pakistan good time to study and chose the best counter measure available, and continues to keep India guessing. PAF in the meanwhile have gained on improving EW and surveillance capability. The additional Erieyes will , as you put, allow PAF to monitor taxiing IAF aircrafts. And once the aircraft is located and monitored all it requires is a good BVR missile to take it on. And Pakistan is not lagging too behind on BVR front

Smart act by PAF

Are we making our own BVRs??? Never heard of it though!

If it helps, it's key to understand that the availability of the JF-17 - especially the Block-III - has given the PAF a good general purpose platform to handle most air warfare tasks, e.g. air defence, short-range strike, etc. The need for another platform, e.g. Typhoon, Su-35, etc - would be tied to fulfilling very specific roles that the JF-17 simply cannot fulfill, e.g. deep strike, extended-range maritime coverage, air interdiction, etc. Thanks to the JF-17, few high-tier fighters are necessary. In fact, if you partner the high-tier fighter with the PAF's F-16s, you could have a decent offensive force (e.g. Tranche 3 for strike and F-16s for top cover).

Thanks :) ... As per Alan Warnes, the PAF has 3 active Erieye and another 3 in the procurement pipeline.

Think this time he said that we had them all back to service. So four?

"Two of the PAF’s existing Erieyes were seriously damaged in a terrorist attack on PAF Base Minhas in August 2012, but have now been returned to service. Both were rebuilt by PAF personnel at PAC Kamra with support from Saab – the last aircraft returned to service in 2016."

http://www.airforcesmonthly.com/2017/05/19/pakistan-to-get-more-erieyes/

PAF already has some money and they are trying to get nawaz to release few more but he is pushing them towards Russia. PAF doesn't SU-35 suits them they are interested in getting EFT so we would see soon results. Also Saudis are ready to help in fact reports are Saudis don't like EFT that much and there are chances that after they start getting there F-15 which are on order they may sell 40 of there EFT also. But Saudis are ready to help with money also. So soon one Air Defence system and one Fighter Jet will be finalized. INSHALLAH.
Bro saudis has more EFT on order if they don't like it why they had order new ones and also earlier they push british for local production of EFT in KSA

First of all If the news is true Much welcome news and I am very happy :pakistan::pakistan:
And know for all those who said money is problem "No money is not a problem , Problem is availability , doctrine , thinking , Priorities ".
J-31 will take 5-7 years to come on production line and after that 10+ years for maturity , what will PAF do till then? Don't tell me JF-17 han na !!!!!!!!!!!!! R any of you spoken with any technician working on JF-17 , leave high ranking officers on one side , any of you???????
JF-17 never meant to go against big birds of IAF , it was simple and cost effective replacement for A-5 and F-6 now we added F-7s too, that's it and this bird is for Migs and Jugs of IAF max M2K. Do not lesson to those who said its "Our own F-16 or it is more advance then F-16 that's y it is F-17" Many of them will come under investigation after new law passes .
IAF adding another heavy bird , that put PAF even in more danger so I m pretty much sure we will also have Heavy , very soon!!!!!!!!!!
Note: I will say again JF-17 is a blessing but with current airframe its just a small bird (but this bird"block-3" still and will be better then 50% of IAF). We need heavy for many reasons , countering SU-30 and Rafale is one of them . We can not have 200+ J-31 for every thing can we?

Please follow this forum regularly you would know I told about the deal of corvette few months ago but it wasn't signed yet only reached but than it was signed at IDEF 2017. I told about Pakistan developing nuclear plant for submarine every one made fun and after 6 months @Oscar confirmed it and there are several more times I have been proven right

No Corvettes were not your news. Turkish members and many news links were posted about their possible sale to Pakistan for the last 1.5 years. You just came up in your typical style of posting whenever top Govt or militarily leadership are on foreign trips that this and that will signed today. Also Corvette deal never happened when you made the topic in fact officially deal will only be signed by the end of June. You just make guesses from your long wishlist of militarily equipments in the air all the time and that too based on the information already posted here on pdf much in advance. Finally when something happens officially and or certain to happen - you just takes its credit of being your source like a kid.

@Horus can eri eye track ground targets? As it is one main feature of Global Eye which this purchase should be.

No Corvettes were not your news. Turkish members and many news links were posted about their possible sale to Pakistan for the last 1.5 years. You just came up in your typical style of posting whenever top Govt or militarily leadership are on foreign trips that this and that will signed today. Also Corvette deal never happened when you made the topic in fact officially deal will only be signed by the end of June. You just make guesses from your long wishlist of militarily equipments in the air all the time and that too based on the information already posted here on pdf much in advance. Finally when something happens officially and or certain to happen - you just takes its credit of being your source like a kid.
I posted that long ago and also several other news in fact I was proven right so many times that I have forgotten few. Once I started a thread also on same issue when I was bashed and proven right after few months and as far as I know many MODS and members of this forum know about EFT and SU-35 thing and also J-10 C.

Bro saudis has more EFT on order if they don't like it why they had order new ones and also earlier they push british for local production of EFT in KSA
No order is not increased yet 72 will remain the number and yes they are thinking of what to do with EFT. Not very happy with them. So the moment they get F-15 they will take a decision

Money is there and few more Nawaz has to release which he is not doing and that is why Air Chief is meeting him over and over again. But he would also Saudis are offering help.

They have massive production line and within no time can increase it further and also there Air Force is not desperate to replace there old Air Crafts because they already have enough to keep countries at bay. Secondly J-10 C will come with TOT.
:lol::rofl::enjoy: Than good luck for this:enjoy: BTW where is your crap Su-35 for Pakistan:jester::man_in_love::sarcastic:you are telling those false NeWS of yours almost year & a half get out of your all those idiotic nonsense sir:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

I posted that long ago and also several other news in fact I was proven right so many times that I have forgotten few. Once I started a thread also on same issue when I was bashed and proven right after few months and as far as I know many MODS and members of this forum know about EFT and SU-35 thing and also J-10 C.

No order is not increased yet 72 will remain the number and yes they are thinking of what to do with EFT. Not very happy with them. So the moment they get F-15 they will take a decision

Dont take creadit of others. You are acting so childishly and narcissistic here now. It was @cabatli_53 who told us about ADA deal last year and the loan of 400 Million dollars. From where you came into the scene and told us about corvette deal few months ago ?

The Nuclear Submarine thing we all know about since 2006. It was confirmed once again in 2012 on PTV news ticker Pakistan has embarked on a 5 year old nuclear submarine program and @Arsalan gave some great insider scoop as well.

I still dont understand what you told us that we dont already know about ?

@The Eagle @TaimiKhan How long we going to tolerate the childish behaviour of this member spreading baseless rumors and polluting every other thread ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom