What's new

Pakistan to get delivery of four Mi-35s in 2016

I think People assuming wrong ANF would get these helicopters. Most probably these Heli would go to New division being raised to protect Pak-China Corridor @Horus

I think it's four for an initial evaluation and set-up, more will follow. I personally don't see much of a future for this machine within the forces. It will be used to shore up things, whilst the Z-10, Vipers and maybe the Atak are with us.

4 is a very good number
4 provinces > one helicopter per province ... just division
4 neighbors > one helicopter to defend one border

It's not for Pakistan Army Aviation but for Pakistan Anti Narcotics Force and 4 is just Initial heli Pakistan will receive more will come 20+ Mi-35 will come

Last edited:
Seems PAA is not interested in it for the time being.

@fatman17 @DESERT FIGHTER Any updates as to why 4?

As stated 4 are for ANF
Actual negotiations are ongoing for 32 in total. Now with the super Cobra deal it could be reduced to say 24 subject to US congressional passage where the 30 day period expires on 6th May.

Yes! I had mentioned earlier regarding the deal for four helicopters. The main reason for this is the availability of funds to procure the platforms and Russia's desire to proceed slowly but surely into the right direction with Pakistan post Soviet-era experience in Afghanistan. So high marks for everyone!

noice, shame only 4 for 2016. could ramp of shipments for 2017-on?

can't pakistan buy used/refurbised helis??

gotta think could get a good deal on some Mi-8/17s/24s.

mil-mi8-hip.jpg

looks cozzy

Pak recently bought 18 Zullus with 1000 fire missiles etc.

3 Z-10s were given by China (for free) under evaluation... If they pass more deliveries will follow.

4 MI-35s is an initial order...

T-129 ATAK has also been offered.

Pak is looking for gunships not transport helis.. Also we have already establish an MI overhaul facility with russian help St.Petersburg workshop?

I think the thing to take home here is the resuming officially of Pakistan and Russian military ties. As to these helicopters they will be tested in conditions to see if they fit our needs, every helicopter can not be for every army. They will be accessed for their role and only then further orders placed.

As stated 4 are for ANF
Actual negotiations are ongoing for 32 in total. Now with the super Cobra deal it could be reduced to say 24 subject to US congressional passage where the 30 day period expires on 6th May.
Sir.
Are we going to bring on line the old Afghan MI35s examples and use them or are they junk?
Regards
Ara

I think the thing to take home here is the resuming officially of Pakistan and Russian military ties. As to these helicopters they will be tested in conditions to see if they fit our needs, every helicopter can not be for every army. They will be accessed for their role and only then further orders placed.
The environment will not be any different from that in Afghanistan. PAA has had some experience on old MI35s which the Afghan defectors brought over. I am made to understand that up to 4 examples may be in PAA's possession. I think it is mainly a watershed of Russian after sales service rather than anything else. BUT money could also be a secondary option.
Araz

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom