What's new

Pakistan to ensure Iranian gas flow to India

Atleast read the article BEFORE making inane comments.

This is the latest news on this matter where Iranian officials have been quotes. The delivery will be guaranteed by Pakistan. So obviously there will be a mechanism around that.

In all the wars that happened, India never blocked water supply as per the Indus water treaty of 1950. So Pakistan has a chance to show the same reciprocity.

Besides joint stakeholdership in such projects is precisely to prevent war and promote peace. The future might include a TAPI pipeline as well.

China already has gas supplies through CAR and won't be spending money to take gas through the highest mountain range in the world and that too through the restive areas of FATA and NWFP. Its just doesn't make economic sense and don't count on the Chinese too stake money into a unprofitable venture, just because Pakistan is a "brother country".

^^ Of course that's not true. Pakistan can disrupt the gas flow when required. Therefore, taking a leaf out of the Russian book.

Ah! the Russian paradigm, a small problem the gas is Iranian coming from gas fields belonging to China and India.
Except an angry Iran to cut your supply of pistachios,dates, gas,oil and magic carpets :lol:

Ah! the Russian paradigm, a small problem the gas is Iranian coming from gas fields belonging to China and India.
Except an angry Iran to cut your supply of pistachios,dates, gas,oil and magic carpets :lol:

Lol whats more funny you or your statement?Iranian gas fields owned by indian and china hahahahhaahhaah.
And it was an option in a war scenerio even then iran wont cut our supplies of anything it was and is the same iran which gave us FREE OIL to FIGHT INDIA.
Death by JOKES:woot:

This is the latest news on this matter where Iranian officials have been quotes. The delivery will be guaranteed by Pakistan. So obviously there will be a mechanism around that.

In all the wars that happened, India never blocked water supply as per the Indus water treaty of 1950. So Pakistan has a chance to show the same reciprocity.

Besides joint stakeholdership in such projects is precisely to prevent war and promote peace. The future might include a TAPI pipeline as well.

:cheers:

China already has gas supplies through CAR and won't be spending money to take gas through the highest mountain range in the world and that too through the restive areas of FATA and NWFP. Its just doesn't make economic sense and don't count on the Chinese too stake money into a unprofitable venture, just because Pakistan is a "brother country".

To sense i agree but if we look the pak-china govt built the KK highway for strategic reasons and the last heard they where widening it.
The gas pipleline from iran can be used to supply pakistani consumers with the pipeline stretching from the south going north to islamabad and then its just a case of hooking up it up with the central asian gaspipline to feed china and getting india can be a bonus.
Its better for pakistan as leverage in future negotiations to have the infrastructure set up that can sell to domestic and chinese markets before we enter india.I think this will also be good for iran as it is only case of putting an extension to pipeline and serving india rather then dragging this on until india says "no thanks" and leaves us in the lurch.

Do you links have anything else other than allegations? The World Bank is the arbitrator and not once afaik has it alleged that India violated the treaty. The treaty is actually looked as a model where even during war times a treaty has been upheld.

Can you provide me any link that says India blocked water in '65 or 71 or even in 99?

No violation of Indus Water Treaty, asserts Qazi - India - The Times of India

Lol whats more funny you or your statement?Iranian gas fields owned by indian and china hahahahhaahhaah.
And it was an option in a war scenerio even then iran wont cut our supplies of anything it was and is the same iran which gave us FREE OIL to FIGHT INDIA.
Death by JOKES:woot:

I'm glad you found my post funny. Google South Pars and you will die laughing :azn:

Its good for both country. I hope they make more deals than wars

^^ Of course that's not true. Pakistan can disrupt the gas flow when required. Therefore, taking a leaf out of the Russian book.

We can always import gas in an emergency, what will Pakistan do about it's water supply?

We can always import gas in an emergency, what will Pakistan do about it's water supply?

Lol how much 1 container or 2 containers>?and through which means?sea? who will import you gas in case you go to war with a islamic country?saudis?iran?Lol i think russia or venezuela and even then it would take days to reach the arabia sea where it will be targeted and blown to hell.About water u already are violating indus water treaty and even in war scenerio you block it completely Pakistan wont die in 1 month or two and well blow baghlehar to smitheries even in that case causing a flood and compelling india to release water into pakistan:rofl::rofl: its a lose lose situation for you.

Lol how much 1 container or 2 containers>?and through which means?sea? who will import you gas in case you go to war with a islamic country?saudis?iran?Lol i think russia or venezuela and even then it would take days to reach the arabia sea where it will be targeted and blown to hell.About water u already are violating indus water treaty and even in war scenerio you block it completely Pakistan wont die in 1 month or two and well blow baghlehar to smitheries even in that case causing a flood and compelling india to release water into pakistan:rofl::rofl: its a lose lose situation for you.

How old are you? what are you ranting about?

The US went to war with Iraq, did anyone stop exporting gas to them? what makes you think the rest of the world will up on their own needs for you?

How do you think we get our gas now? what will you target our ships with, the PN? :rofl:

Pakistan is downstream, so you blow the dam and you end up killing your own citizens, not to mention all your crops :lol:

Think before you post, Pakistan is a smaller and weaker nation, there's no need to get defensive you have to analyze the situation realistically.

How old are you? what are you ranting about? .
Im moe senseable then you.

The US went to war with Iraq, did anyone stop exporting gas to them? what makes you think the rest of the world will up on their own needs for you?
Are u USA?
USA already is sitting in saudi arabia and kuwait guarding oil well.Not you.
What makes you think they wont stop oil supply to you in case of a indo-PAK war?
and did iran saudis uae not support us in war against india?Yes they did.
They they send us free oil ?yes they did.
Is Pakistan iraq?No
Did turkey sell you nacal guns when we told em not to?NO THEY DIDNT.
How do you think we get our gas now? what will you target our ships with, the PN? :rofl:
Remember 48,65,99 a small country whipped ur arse?destroyed ins rajput etc?
Pakistan is downstream, so you blow the dam and you end up killing your own citizens, not to mention all your crops :lol:
Is kashmir downstream?No Is our Gilget baltistan downstream where indus comes from ?HELL NO.
Are u spit fire out of ur foolish mind?YES ur
Think before you post, Pakistan is a smaller and weaker nation, there's no need to get defensive you have to analyze the situation realistically.
We are the same nation that punish you and humiliated you to go to UN for a CEASEFIRE 3 TIMES:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I doubt if Pakistan is going to let india get into the Deal in the first place.

If we did then we will stop the gas whenever India will create trouble for us.

I think this is a good way to bring three nations together..yes people a frikin pipeline :P....but no considering tensions are at an all time high and the energy crisis that Pakistan is facing its good for Pakistan and i dont know about the energy situation in India but considering how fast its growing, it wouldn't be smart not to secure as many energy sources as possible

Back
Top Bottom