What's new

Pakistan to end open sky policy, increase import age of planes

PDFChamp

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Source

ISLAMABAD: Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry on Tuesday announced that a new aviation policy had been approved during the federal cabinet meeting.

“The purpose for this is to provide benefits to our aviation industry,” Chaudhry said, adding that it was necessary to improve travel facilities to the country;s tourist locations.

The minister announced that passenger airlines in Pakistan will be able to import aeroplanes which are 18-years-old compared to the previous limit of 12 years.

Chaudhry said cargo planes up to 30 years old could be imported.

New recommendations in regards to aviation also included charges on flight kitchens being abolished, and a recommendation to reduce taxes on domestic routes.

The minister announced a special initiative by CAA of paying up to Rs0.4 million in fees for women who seek to become pilots.

‘Pakistan to end open sky policy’
Fawad Chaudhry told reporters that the government would end the country’s open sky policy.

“This policy proved to be a great loss for PIA. Profitable routes were given to international airlines which led to a loss for PIA.”

He added that all agreements with international airlines would be reviewed.

While the whole world is opening up their skies this govt is closing our airspace to support corrupt unprofessional and unsafe local airlines. As a overseas Pakistani I will never fly to Pakistan on PIA until they are operating at the quality of airlines like Turkish and Qatar.

Instead of increasing the service and compatibility we are going for the easy way. What a bunch of morons. :hitwall:

I'm really disappointed with this govt. I have no stake in any party. But this cabinet is so idiotic or colluding with entrenched interests. PIA should be privatised as should PSM and many other state institutions. We are bleeding money bc of these inefficient incompetent criminal units.

V good decision for Pakistan and Pakistan security as India is dieing for their revenge of 27th 3 days war defeat.

WE NEED FREE MARKET.
This is a bad decision, make PIA compete.

The only silver lining I can see is that if they do it for a few years to allow PIA to up it's game, then open the skies again.

open sky or close sky Pakistani gov should not run an airline its waste of money .as much as we earn from open sky PIA loss that much money end of year . :lol:

IT is just like the decision of banning o/a level system in PAkistan. Instead of improving local standards and quality, they are punishing those who are better.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom