What's new

Pakistan to end open sky policy, increase import age of planes

I'm really disappointed with this govt. I have no stake in any party. But this cabinet is so idiotic or colluding with entrenched interests. PIA should be privatised as should PSM and many other state institutions. We are bleeding money bc of these inefficient incompetent criminal units.
Instead of increasing the service and compatibility we are going for the easy way. What a bunch of morons. :hitwall:
While the whole world is opening up their skies this govt is closing our airspace to support corrupt unprofessional and unsafe local airlines. As a overseas Pakistani I will never fly to Pakistan on PIA until they are operating at the quality of airlines like Turkish and Qatar.
Actually the problem is that due to open sky policy, license were given to more airliner than actual need (demand and supply) i.e capacity of air travel is way higher than the total number of passengers using air traffic, which is not good for any airliner specially for PIA.

Haris bhai if PIA offered good service people would use them. I have been on PIA three times in my life and every time it was a disaster. Broken seats, rude staff or the best one....they demanded paper ticket when we had an e-ticket and despite showing them the booking reference, email confirmation, etc they said we must see paper ticket or you cant fly. I had to get back to school and was forced to buy a brand new ticket to get back to the US. PIA is a criminal enterprise and should be disbanded or forced to survive on its own merit.

Look at what happened to me with Turkish. I forgot my iPad on the plane from Chicago to Istnabul. Left it in my seat. I tweeted them when I realized in Pakistan that I had left it on the plane and they reply "Dear Tayyab Khan we have found your iPad and it is available for you to pick up when you return". I picked it up no issues on the way back. It wasn't damaged or anything. Good customer service doesn't cost money. But when your staff are all incompetent sifarshi bharti chor then you get PIA.

and a recommendation to reduce taxes on domestic routes.
i wish they do it soon i dont know why the stupids dont make domestic fly cheap its strange that flying withing Pakistan from Karachi is more expensive then going to Dubai:disagree:

IT is just like the decision of banning o/a level system in PAkistan. Instead of improving local standards and quality, they are punishing those who are better.

True unfortunately. Unless PTI clamps down hard on corruption within the institution this will just encourage PIA to continue as it is. Competition breeds excellence. Look at Turkish Airlines as an example. Open Skies but through hard work have become a global player.

There is no choice but to force domestic population to use PIA for domestic and outbound international travel. PIA is cash strapped and our own people opting for foreign carriers ain't helping the situation. Once some stability is achieved and PIA is in a position to lease newer aircrafts and compete with regional carriers, the open skies policy will resume.

Aek retired air marshal ko PIA ka CEO banaya hoa hai instead of a proper professional. Phr aesei farigh decisions honei hain. Army har jaga control apna daal rhi hai, yeh ghalat baat hai.

An appropriate move , now that PIA have new planes , PIA can service all clients
Open sky policy was a temporary meassure to allow servicing of passengers when PIA did not had planes

While the whole world is opening up their skies this govt is closing our airspace to support corrupt unprofessional and unsafe local airlines. As a overseas Pakistani I will never fly to Pakistan on PIA until they are operating at the quality of airlines like Turkish and Qatar.

Do us a favor. Remove the word "Pakistani" and remain an "Overseas".

Well the story behind the Open Sky policy stems back to time between 1990-2004 when Pakistan was facing crunch in their Plane numbers , no new planes were being ordered. There was congestion in planes and demand was high

This again was in Nawaz sharif's last outing he has continued his full effort to destroy Pakistan's National Corproations (Railways , Airlines and Steeles Mills) . Instead of new plane orders , he opened the skies. His approach was I don't need to fix this I will build motor ways

During Honorable Musharaf Sahib's era , some new orders were placed by PIA but buy then due to critical shortages , the open Sky policy remained so that Pakistanis can continue to travel easily. Since Pakistan ordered late our planes arrived a bit later as well.

Some where around end of his term PIA did ordered brand new planes Boeing 777 after a long debate should we get a the big Jets like UAE or Qatar airlines or should we go with more streamlined , longer Boeing 777 crafts.

So eventually Boeing 777 Extended range came and got bought

PIA PLANES.png

A ban imposed by Europe on PIA for 3-4 months , woken up PIA to order more planes and PIA decide to lease new planes and also improve quality of service on certain planes

Boeing 777 ER , Pakistan Airlines was the first Airline in world to get this Magnificent plane
1280px-Boeing_777-340ER_-_Pakistan_International_Airlines_%28AP-BHV%29.jpg

Now PIA is in talks of introducing 18 new planes in it's fleet which should be a great Ambitious goal for PIA

Last edited:
Do us a favor. Remove the word "Pakistani" and remain an "Overseas".
Nope Ill keep hammering peons like you.

Well the story behind the Open Sky policy stems back to time between 1990-2004 when Pakistan was facing crunch in their Plane numbers , no new planes were being ordered. There was congestion in planes and demand was high

This again was in Nawaz sharif's last outing he has continued his full effort to destroy Pakistan's National Corproations (Railways , Airlines and Steeles Mills) . Instead of new plane orders , he opened the skies. His approach was I don't need to fix this I will build motor ways

During Honorable Musharaf Sahib's era , some new orders were placed by PIA but buy then due to critical shortages , the open Sky policy remained so that Pakistanis can continue to travel easily. Since Pakistan ordered late our planes arrived a bit later as well.

Some where around end of his term PIA did ordered brand new planes Boeing 777 after a long debate should we get a the big Jets like UAE or Qatar airlines or should we go with more streamlined , longer Boeing 777 crafts.

So eventually Boeing 777 Extended range came and got bought

View attachment 550455

A ban imposed by Europe on PIA for 3-4 months , woken up PIA to order more planes and PIA decide to lease new planes and also improve quality of service on certain planes

Boeing 777 ER , Pakistan Airlines was the first Airline in world to get this Magnificent plane
1280px-Boeing_777-340ER_-_Pakistan_International_Airlines_%28AP-BHV%29.jpg

Now PIA is in talks of introducing 18 new planes in it's fleet which should be a great Ambitious goal for PIA

Theres no plane shortage. Theres quality transport shortage. For as long as I have been alive PIA has been the shittiest airline Ive ever traveled on. Geting high interest loans to pay for jets that are then used by incompetent lazy thieves in PIA isnt the answer. How is Turkish Airlines able to stand on its own two feet? No subsidy nothing. Bc it has to. Privatize PIA, give it preferential treatment, but make it stand on its own two feet. Intstantly govt saves itself 2.4 billion dollars a year and I guarantee PIA will be fixed or it will collapse and be replaced.

Back
Top Bottom