What's new

Pakistan to buy 40 SU-35 or Euro Fighter soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Typhoon is better, I don't know if PAF needs some heavy *** Su-35's and Mig-35's we never bought aircraft like these before because we never needed them.

For PAF, none of these options are better. The only real option is buy 5th gen or go home.

For PAF, none of these options are better. The only real option is buy 5th gen or go home.
5th gen can't carry much load as compared EFT or Su-35..
JF-17 is also light weight that why PAF need heavy/medium weight fighter jet before 5gen arrives..

Russia is offering Air Defence systems and attack helicopters and SU-35 also and if Navy shows interests we can get Frigates and Corvettes also. Russia wants to join CPEC and also improve relations with Pakistan specially after growing coziness between USA and India. Oh I Forgot to tell that T-90 Bhisma will also come soon for testing
Sir kabhee khamoshee bhee behtar hotee hay instead of proving the point. If you are right it will happen so why give away useful info, if it does not go the way you are predicting then being quiet is better. I can see your sense of urgency for what we need. @Zarvan

The trench1 Euro fighters are going to be retired and shall be available cheaply the may however require upgrades i.e A to G capability and Radars. If PAF requires them then same can be done within a year however upgradation may take time.

On the other hand yeas Su35s if chosen may require at least two years for start of supply.

Though Russian tech has greatly improved yet considering IAF experience with handling SU30s and their continuous overhaul requirements one may easily judge that though SU35 is an improved form of SU27 yet it may have more requirements for overhaul/other issues as compared to Eu fighter. PAF should chose Euro fighter tench 1 as soon as possible and get them upgraded instead of investing more on F16s or going for Mirage 2000-5/9s from Arab countries.

This thread though may prove to be ambitious yet highlights the main issue of PAF in current scenario as well as near future. I have wrote many times that current PAF fleet even in defensive posture has limited number of tier -1 fighter as compared to IAF.

In current scenario if IAF INVOLVES 100 Su30s out of 240+ Su 30s along with 30-40 Mig 29s along with 30 odd Mirrage 2000s then number goes up to 170 which may easily go up to 200 upgraded Jets with long range BVRs and HOBs WVR missiles.

On the other hand PAF has total 76 F16s of which few are with CCS and about 56 jf17s. If we assume that PAF is able to bring 60 F16s and 50 JF17s ( some may not be ready due to overhauls/repairs) then number at max shall be 100 to 110 roughly half of IAF. Further PAF jets only have two BVRS with SD 10 having range of about 100KM and AMRAM120 with range of 110-20 at Max. The BVRs include Pirana1, PL-5, old versions of AIM9 with no HOBS so far available.
Further SU30 can engage many A to A and A to G targets at one time along with Mirage 2000.

So crux of above discussion is that this thread not required to be closed further PAF requires at least 30 to 40 capable jets along with HOBS WVRs and BVR of new era to counter even the existing IAF threat. Even in defensive posture PAF may need to go for offense and bombing of enemy strategic sites which can't be done by our current Mirage-III/Vs considering strong SAM/Radar network of India.

Are you sure about availability of jets in PAF? 50 Jf 17 availabilityout of 56 and 60 F -16 out of 76??

Are you sure about availability of jets in PAF? 50 Jf 17 availabilityout of 56 and 60 F -16 out of 76??
We aren't getting anymore F-16's, US won't allow anymore even from Jordan, we will need their approval.

Typhoon is good, many gulf states are buying

By the time you get it, it will be pointless. The Gulf states are buying because they don't have a 5th gen offer from the US right now.

5th gen can't carry much load as compared EFT or Su-35..
JF-17 is also light weight that why PAF need heavy/medium weight fighter jet before 5gen arrives..

J-31 carries 8 tons.

Anyway, it's up to PAF how they go about it. If they want another 4th gen aircraft apart from the F-16 and JF-17, then nothing's stopping them. And I'm sure the Italians will be more than happy to sell the Typhoon to PAF after all that Finmeccanica fiasco with India.

J-31 carries 8 tons.

Anyway, it's up to PAF how they go about it. If they want another 4th gen aircraft apart from the F-16 and JF-17, then nothing's stopping them. And I'm sure the Italians will be more than happy to sell the Typhoon to PAF after all that Finmeccanica fiasco with India.
J-31 can carries only 4-5 ton..

JF-17 is light weight and F-16 are only in few no. so PAF needs more 4th gen fighter to increase fighters quantity and quality..

JFT needs the least time of all the aircraft in our inventory but still i suspect 50 is not possible,40ish.
56 jets as of now are present in AF,1.5 squadrons worth of jft are in kamra going through post production checks and testing,PAF urgently needs them but also also wants to export it.
Nigeria is insisting and is waiting desperately for them too as their facility is almost ready.
NAF aircraft might be fitted with Turkish targeting pod.

I mean Typhoons and Su-35 are not as combat effective as 5th generation fighters but they are still very expensive. From a cost-to-effectiveness ratio standpoint wouldn't it be better to wait for a few years and buy a better fighter that cost a little more than to buy Su-35 right now, only to find it to be ineffective in the future?
But 5th generation fighter jets are more maintenance prone

SU-35 - $80 million
EF - $285 million

Su-35 prices have fallen due to ruble devaluation. RuAF bought their 48 Su-35s for $20-25M each.
What EFT 285 million $ where do got this figure bro?, At best EFT is 120 million $

Information and capabilities of J-31 have not been released to public.

Basic specs have been officially released by Shenyang. They put payload at 8 tons.

What EFT 285 million $ where do got this figure bro?, At best EFT is 120 million $

I used actual contract information. The Kuwait deal costs 8B for 28 Typhoons. The Chinese deal costs 2B for 24 Su-35s.

But Su-35 is so low because the ruble collapsed. Normally it should have been higher than 150M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom