What's new

Pakistan to build a Nuclear submarine

A strange decision. I mean why would we want N subs when 1 N sub = 4-5 AIP equipped subs. Unless we are planning global ambitions(even then N subs would be debatable against some of the other options) even qings would be able to fire nukes.

Besides AIPs would be more than enough to stay submerged for long time in an Indo-Pak conflict and be much quieter. Anyways i guess PN admirals know what they are doing.

A strange decision. I mean why would we want N subs when 1 N sub = 4-5 AIP equipped subs. Unless we are planning global ambitions(even then N subs would be debatable against some of the other options) even qings would be able to fire nukes.

Besides AIPs would be more than enough to stay submerged for long time in an Indo-Pak conflict and be much quieter. Anyways i guess PN admirals know what they are doing.

Long range ballistic missiles cannot be carried on AIP submarines - too small - we need a reliable 2nd strike capability - all the other Nuclear powers have eventually deployed them at sea on submarines. It is a true stealth weapon and a guarantee against a sneak attack.

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

Great news for everyone especially India and Bangladesh economy.

Pakistan small economy and funding its military projects, will hamper its economic performance.

Funding has come from surprising quarters, nuff said. ;)

Ok we dont want a nuclear sub but all this talk of Pakistan not being able to build a one is a bullshit. Really show the the level at which this topic is being discussed

french technology. not indigenous.

He already said TOT. No need to reinvent wheel.

try fitting those big arse reactors inside a sub...

Are you high on Afghan charas?

seriously.. ?? .lmao....so which frigate, which destroyer, which aircraft carrier, which corvettes has pakistan built indigenously..?

we are light years ahead of you in naval construction.....

Again no need to reinvent the wheel. Particularly where there are better options available.

submarine design capability
::GLOBAL INDUSTRIAL AND DEFENCE SOLUTIONS ::
====
========
Slim towed and ATAS by GIDS
::GLOBAL INDUSTRIAL AND DEFENCE SOLUTIONS ::
-=
--------------
as nabil said and mushraf confirmed in 2006..pak is indeed working Sub based reactor
france has upgraded Krachi ship yard to manufacture latest submarine
Sonar and battle management system already made and integrated into Agosta90B by Gids,nescom and marine limited karachi

Again in fear of repeating myself, the NSFC will carry Pakistan's second, and third strike packages, the plan is for these subs to sit thousands of km's away from theater and make sure a "sneak attack" will be followed by full spectrum destruction of enemy homeland.

ASFC will employ land based road mobile BM's and Silo's - AFSFC will employ all AL-PGM's including Raad.

There have been a number of prototype reactors - which have shown excellent results.

We will employ both SSN's and Boomers.

Well if 'thats' the plan you are probably decades away from fruition.
Considering none of the building blocks are in place yet.

No SLBM has been developed.
Even story about SLCM is shaky, has not been tested.

About minaturized nuclear reactor we only have rumors to go on.

Plus building a nuclear submarine itslelf take more than decade .. especially when one has no prior experience in the field.

anyways if something concrete comes along do forward it.

Plus building a nuclear submarine itslelf take more than decade .. especially when one has no prior experience in the field.

Fine, Pakistan is not building nuke subs, its not doing any research in mini nuke reactors, it has no capability to make missiles launch from subs, it can't do anything.

happy now. you guys can make anything including Mars just like earth, and we Pakistanis can't do shiet.

Now Indians kindly go to sleep and let us discuss the news with some sanity.

We shall see, but it is a priority project - and a must for a "credible minimum deterrence capability"

Congrats PN inshallah this task will also be completed in a few years.. My father is is a ex PN capt and still has several friends in PN his friend in a high rank has also conformed this news so lets see what happens and how it happens GOD bless PAK armed forces and GOD bless Pakistan.

Long range ballistic missiles cannot be carried on AIP submarines - too small - we need a reliable 2nd strike capability - all the other Nuclear powers have eventually deployed them at sea on submarines. It is a true stealth weapon and a guarantee against a sneak attack.

The only use that i see of them would to lob missiles across Atlantic should god forbid such time arrive.

No doubt nuclear submarine making on own is difficult task bt nt impossible

We pakistan meant that even if it take 3-4 decades.tha main thing is we have started work on our nuclear submarine
and we will make it operational one day InshAllah
even if it take 5 decades

Fine, Pakistan is not building nuke subs, its not doing any research in mini nuke reactors, it has no capability to make missiles launch from subs, it can't do anything.

happy now. you guys can make anything including Mars just like earth, and we Pakistanis can't do shiet.

Now Indians kindly go to sleep and let us discuss the news with some sanity.

Post of the century LoL :rofl: indians never fail in failing - if Pakistan achieves it, or doesn't - why do they get so excited is beyond me.

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 PM ----------

The only use that i see of them would to lob missiles across Atlantic should god forbid such time arrive.

NO!!! The deterrent is for the entity to the east, and this capability is too stop a devastating first strike.

So now towards the real topic.

If the news is true, which by the way was already being worked on, its a good step, but some factors need to be thought about.

First is economy and economic conditions, which are vital for any development of such platforms and keeping them running/operational. Till we don't improve our economy, we can field such platforms in numbers and may face operational issues too. A 4-5 nuke subs with atleast 2-3 platforms always operationally ready would be a good start, but we need to focus on the conventional AIP capable subs too, with the capability to launch Cruise Missiles.

With local manufacturing and help from Chinese, we can develop such subs at pretty cheap rate compared to what is sold in the international market.

I say we go for it, plus economic conditions need to be improved too.

Back
Top Bottom