What's new

Pakistan to build a Nuclear submarine

Imran Khan as your ID is banned how can you use duplicate ID?????????

Is it allowed to specially to the Pakistani members????????

what's your problem ? its not mine id nor i make double id its my next door id i never make double id bachy .:P kya ab hamsay ke use nhi ker sakty . i help him to make it 2 years before and i got his ID today for chill pill :D

Where is the SLBM for the Nuclear submarine??????????

Does pakistan have any SLBM missile ????????????[/SIZE]

Work is underway on Babur to be used as SLBM ...

More advanced versions of the Babur are under development, later versions are planned to have a range of 1000 km [4][10] and be capable of being launched from Pakistan Navy submarines such as the Agosta 90B Khalid class.[11][12]

Why this frustration though ? :rofl:

Weren't Pakistanis considering for cheaper and easier option of arming conventional subs with nuclear armed cruise missiles? What made you, change your mind? As Pakistanis always argued it was the " cheaper and quieter option"

To tell you truth buying and operating a nuclear submarine costs 7 times more than a conventional submarine...as of today it is well out of Pakistani navy's budget.

But who knows, maybe 10-15 yr ..Pakistani navy might have enough funding to buy and operate one.

What a foolish argument is that. Then why wish for nuke sub only why don't wish for being a developed country or number one economy or replaced USA as military super power??????

China to Sell Outdated Nuclear Reactors to Pakistan

China to Sell Outdated Nuclear Reactors to Pakistan | Asia | English

Its not a foolish argument , this is how we operate ... Learn about the previous defense projects of Pakistan ...
When we want it , we have it ... We have 100+ nukes ... Will you ask where does the money comes from or that how we plan to have 200 JFT's ? :azn: ...

To sell right ? and VOA :rofl:

What would you say about the KRL and Khushab ?
Built with Chinese assistance but not imported ... Why would we do it now ? :azn:
Do you think our engineers dont have enough experience with nuclear reactors ? :lol:

Work is underway on Babur to be used as SLBM ...

More advanced versions of the Babur are under development, later versions are planned to have a range of 1000 km [4][10] and be capable of being launched from Pakistan Navy submarines such as the Agosta 90B Khalid class.[11][12]

Why this frustration though ? :rofl:

First of all, a cruise missile can not be converted into a SLBM.
Second Babur can not fit inside the torpedo tubes of a Agosta submarine.

First of all, a cruise missile can not be converted into a SLBM.
Second Babur can not fit inside the torpedo tubes of a Agosta submarine.

Why ?

In the current form , no ... But hey have we ceased development ?

Why ?

In the current form , no ... But hey have we ceased development ?

No, you can not decrease diameter of the missile...it equivalent of building a new missile from scratch..
.but you can do is either cut your submarine in half ..and weld in a new section containing vertical launch tubes for the the cruise missiles(a very expensive option) or you can increase bore diameter of torpedo tubes.

But that still only half your problems..you present missile will have to equipped with additional booster to have ability to launched from under water platforms and warhead miniaturized enough to fit the small warhead compartment of cruise missile.

No, you can not decrease diameter of the missile...it equivalent of building a new missile from scratch..
.but you can do is either cut your submarine in half ..and weld in a new section containing vertical launch tubes for the the cruise missiles(a very expensive option) or you can increase bore diameter of torpedo tubes.

But that still only half your problems..you present missile will have to equipped with additional booster to have ability to launched from under water platforms and warhead miniaturized enough to fit the small warhead compartment of cruise missile.

Ok , then think of it as a new missile ... Cut the submarine in half ... Recently , a missile was tested by Pakistan launched by vertical launchers ... I dont remember which ... But these things do make sense ...

Hmmm , miniaturized waheads are no problem ... you know Nasr right ?
The R&D continues , Wait and watch

Rafi bhai is spot on!

My brother has links in navy. He hinted that we have been working on a Sub nuclear reactor for 12 years now and it is in final testing stages. Hull tech came from France with A-90bs (HLES 80 high strength steel) and so did the SUBTICS combat management system though we might have something better in nuke sub. Missile tech is both indigenous as well as Chinese option. And the QING class deal is very much on. We will see both in Arabian sea soon INSHA ALLAH. :)

Back
Top Bottom