What's new

Pakistan to acquire six submarines from China

ye tum se kisi ne poocha hai yahaan a ker apni ram kahani sunany ko? we know dude but like these post distroy all threads.now keep you subs and p8 or p1008 in home .

Us ka dil khush ho gya. Bachai kko khush ho janai dain Imran bhai.:D

And the song class was dismissed by the PN authorities on technical ground.....
Does our officials knows about this incident.
If true than I really wonder what the 90bs are capable of?

1) Well I feel they were right to dismiss the Song class, since the Yuan class is more advanced than the Song class, so it makes perfect sense.

2) It was a well publicized incident, I'm sure they know about it.

2- Capability to Launch Land Attack Cruise Missile (I suspect PN has already done some experimenting on such thing if we remembered the harpoon missile upgrade allegations from US)
if we get these two things, these subs are as good as a Nukie since they can travel to anypart of Indian Ocean without detection and can launch Nuke Tipped CMs creating a defensive nightmare for India given its very large coast line.

Can you guys recall the new canister for the Babur? Any clue as to why the canister all of a sudden became cylindrical and reinforced? ;)

Here is a article I just read on FT

Cash-strapped Pakistan buys submarines

Pakistan’s decision this week to begin negotiations with China to buy six submarines coincided with confirmation of figures showing that foreign direct investment is down 21 per cent to just $1bn in the first eight months of the financial year ending in June.

Clearly, worsening economic realities have been ignored by ruling politicians and powerful generals who seem convinced that the threat to Pakistan’s shipping lanes is greater than the multiple economic, social and political challenges faced on land.
Pakistan’s defence planners have sought to keep pace with military expansion in neighbouring India. Yet, with Pakistan’s economic performance falling well behind India’s, the effort may be futile in the long run.
Just last month, India’s annual budget was broadly welcomed by the business community in a sign of the country’s ability to continue attracting investors from within and abroad.

But in Pakistan, finance ministry officials have worked frantically to persuade the International Monetary Fund to resume lending after only U$7.5bn was disbursed from a U$11bn loan program.

For the Fund, the prospect of Pakistan’s annual budget deficit in the year to June soaring to as much as 8 per cent of GDP from a target of 4.7 per cent, without quick remedial measures, makes Pakistan, for now, an unacceptable client.

Some measures to raise revenue have been agreed between the IMF and the finance ministry this month, though it is impossible to predict exactly how soon they will begin to stop the haemorrhage.

In their defence, Pakistani officials have attributed a continuing economic downturn to losses run up by factors beyond their control, notably the effect of a security crisis unleashed by Taliban activity and last year’s devastating floods.

But Pakistan’s unimpressive economic record is deep-rooted. A glaring gap is the failure to revamp the tax collection system. Just over one per cent of the population pays an economic tax while repeated efforts to slap a robust VAT style sales tax have failed.

Besides, the country’s leaders hardly offer inspiration to others. Months after president Asif Ali Zardari spoke of plans to slap a new ‘flood tax’ on affluent Pakistanis to raise money to finance post-flood rebuilding, the government still has to enforce that measure.

On other fronts too, there is hardly much hope. While globally high oil prices following the conflict in Libya forced many countries to raise domestic petroleum prices, Pakistan’s ruling party-the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) failed in passing on the full scale of higher oil prices to consumers.

The political cost in the shape of a break with a smaller political party which protested against price increases appeared to be unacceptable to president Zardari. Part of the budget deficit will come from the cost of the domestic fuel subsidies.

If indeed a submarine deal with China is successfully concluded, Pakistan’s generals will probably pat themselves on the back for part filling the so-called strategic gap (with India).

Islamabad’s long-established defence ties with Beijing will be further reinforced following earlier projects undertaken by the two in jointly producing fighter planes, warships and tanks. But if Pakistan’s economy continues to sink, the country’s armed forces could well be faced with terrestrial challenges with the Taliban and others in which submarines may be little help. Meanwhile, India gets richer by the day.
=====

Seems like a honest assessment, but with some Pak bashing on a neutral website.

If they really wanted them - they should have spent some more money and acquired from another country. I would rather have 2 or 3 German submarines than 6 Chinese ones.

If they really wanted them - they should have spent some more money and acquired from another country. I would rather have 2 or 3 German submarines than 6 Chinese ones.

its not abut nationalty of subs but capabilty . Type 096 an type 094 is also china made subs which carry 8600km range missiles .its all abut capabilty not china india russia or ugenda somalia .

indian members posting articles on military acquisitions by pakistan clearly points to the concern they have. it would be better to be upfront about it rather than ridiculing pakistani economy or PA.

on topic: the new acquisition will definitely be a headache for IN regardless of who built it.

delhidevil, JD grow up guys

indian members posting articles on military acquisitions by pakistan clearly points to the concern they have. it would be better to be upfront about it rather than ridiculing pakistani economy or PA.

on topic: the new acquisition will definitely be a headache for IN regardless of who built it.

You grow up, I read this on Financial Times and posted it here, like I clearly mentioned. If you dont understand this, then go back to school.

How Pakistan spends its own money it completely its own business. If you are asking me from an Indian perspective - then I am actually glad they are buying Chinese submarines and not Russian, French or German ones. People think twice before buying Chinese make mobile handsets - you think defence equipment should be sourced from there?

How Pakistan spends its own money it completely its own business. If you are asking me from an Indian perspective - then I am actually glad they are buying Chinese submarines and not Russian, French or German ones. People think twice before buying Chinese make mobile handsets - you think defence equipment should be sourced from there?

and this post show you know nothing abut defense products of china. they shot down SAT and you are here flaming the thread with no sense. are you really know what china can made? and what is the real qulity of chines defence products? really you guys are blind patriotics nothing else.you are happy you cry or you dance pakistan dont care abut internet fan boys.

and this post show you know nothing abut defense products of china. they shot down SAT and you are here flaming the thread with no sense. are you really know what china can made? and what is the real qulity of chines defence products? really you guys are blind patriotics nothing else.you are happy you cry or you dance pakistan dont care abut internet fan boys.

Calm down - are you suggesting that if Pakistan had a choice - they would actually choose Chinese submarines or European submarines?

Calm down - are you suggesting that if Pakistan had a choice - they would actually choose Chinese submarines or European submarines?

when pakistan has money we buy french and french again now a days we lack many things WOT is going on economy is not in stable condition poor gov. even in worse time its best to be 6 subs from china as much as powerfull we can get. and there is no shame for this to me that they try there best to get better arms. and if you start compaire mobiles with subs then i am so sorry you need to learn.no look at last 5 decades we renew our subs fleet every 10 t 15 years 1994 to 2011 was agusta time 2011 to 2020 or so these 6 will work well and then time will come we got more new subs.world is not going to end after this contract. atleast they select there best under the prise tag which we can pay. may be there is proud for you guys but for me i dont see bad.remember when we use f-104 and mirage infront of russian tech of india and india was not like today are you think that was shame for you?

time is not same always.

Bhai you do realise they are consumer goods not defnce goods in which years of reserch has gone billions of money spent

when pakistan has money we buy french and french again now a days we lack many things WOT is going on economy is not in stable condition poor gov. even in worse time its best to be 6 subs from china as much as powerfull we can get. and there is no shame for this to me that they try there best to get better arms. and if you start compaire mobiles with subs then i am so sorry you need to learn.no look at last 5 decades we renew our subs fleet every 10 t 15 years 1994 to 2011 was agusta time 2011 to 2020 or so these 6 will work well and then time will come we got more new subs.world is not going to end after this contract. atleast they select there best under the prise tag which we can pay. may be there is proud for you guys but for me i dont see bad.remember when we use f-104 and mirage infront of russian tech of india and india was not like today are you think that was shame for you?

time is not same always.

Fair enough. It is your call and your money.

Folks, DO NOT under estimate the Agusta-90Bs! they are quieter and deadlier than any Song variant to date and are highly digitized, powered for very rapid action. There is a reason why they were the only conventional attack subs in french navy because they have proved their worth! Coupled with an efficient MESMA AIP, SUBTICS combat data system and exocet, harpoon, black shark and other weapons, they are menacing and are silent killers in this part of the world till Yuan, Akula comes. This has been proved repeatedly in exercises by Pak Navy itself !

Back
Top Bottom