What's new

Pakistan Tests Upgraded Shaheen-1A Missile

Shaheen1A is neither Long range nor IRBM(american classification), due to

1. It is a Single stage rocket so it can not have range of 3000Km. Compare it with Shaheen 2(Range 2500Km) which is double stage rocket.

2. Each forces has own Classification of IRBM,MRBM or SRBM. for eg. Russian calls IRBM as MRBM.

3. Whole confusion created by Gen. Talat masood who say since Shaheen 1A is IRBM and IRBM has range of 3000Km.

4. Pakistan Army strengthen the confusion by not disclosing range . But why ? answer is "if you can not convince, then confuse them " type of thinking.

It range is not 3,000 km but 1,000km.

Pakistan Test-Fires Nuclear-Capable Shaheen 1A
PTI | Rezaul H Laskar | Islamabad | Apr 25,2012
Pakistan today test-fired the nuclear-capable Hatf-4 ballistic missile with improvements in range to hit targets anywhere in India.

The military did not specify the exact range of the missile though sources told PTI that the Hatf-4's reach had been increased from 750 km to 1,000 km.

The missile, capable of carrying nuclear and conventional warheads, can reach targets deep within India.

A statement issued by the military said the test of the Hatf-4, also known as Shaheen-1A, was conducted successfully.

Improvements have been mode to the missile's "range and technical parameters", the statement said without giving details.

The impact point of the missile was at sea, the statement said.

Pakistan had informed India in advance about the test and asked it to issue suitable warnings to aircraft flying over the region.

President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani congratulated scientists and military officials over the successful test of the Hatf-4.

Lt Gen (retired) Khalid Kidwai, the Director General of the Strategic Plans Division, and Army Strategic Force Command chief Lt Gen Tariq Nadeem Gilani were among senior military officers and scientists who witnessed the launch.

Kidwai congratulated scientists and engineers on the "accuracy of the missile in reaching the target".

He said that the improved version of the Shaheen-1 will "further consolidate and strengthen Pakistan's deterrence abilities".

India had tested the Agni-V, its most powerful nuclear-capable missile, on April 19.

Pakistan Test-Fires Nuclear-Capable Shaheen 1A | news.outlookindia.com

stay tuned

expect another test within a week

this was just to see the world response

You still not answered my question, Where Pakistan said that it's ICBM??

he never will he will just keep saying you didnt answer my question...... most over here who posted were disappointed that it was not an icbm even i was expecting shaheen 3 but hey i will still take accuracy and advanced tech over range

stay tuned

expect another test within a week

this was just to see the world response

only if they have balls to test the shaheen.III

Even Indian sources has said it's range is 1000Km. But I didn't give it. Pakistani won't believe them :D

4. Pakistan Army strengthen the confusion by not disclosing range . But why ? answer is "if you can not convince, then confuse them " type of thinking.

confuse bhai tab logo karo jab humai yeh pata na ho kay km kitna hota hai we know if its 750 km how far it will go or its 2500 km infact people are not aware of what is mrbm or irbm or icbm they know which country it has the ability to hit ..........

plz plz plz think before you make a stupid post like that

OH LORD give brains to both side of the border!!! firstly FOR PAKISTANIS our SIMPLE AIM is to RETALITE to INDIAN AGRESSION and give them a bloody NOSE! our aim is not to HIT the MOON! or Israel or US!

as for indians well our armed forces just tested the perimieters of an intermediate ballsitic missile! range is maximum upto 1,000 kms! not something for the world to worry about but definetly able to hit central india!

Shaheen1A is neither Long range nor IRBM(american classification), due to

1. It is a Single stage rocket so it can not have range of 3000Km. Compare it with Shaheen 2(Range 2500Km) which is double stage rocket.

2. Each forces has own Classification of IRBM,MRBM or SRBM. for eg. Russian calls IRBM as MRBM.

3. Whole confusion created by Gen. Talat masood who say since Shaheen 1A is IRBM and IRBM has range of 3000Km.

Agreed...I once heard Gen Talat Masood aclling Ra'ad ALCM as "ground launched"...so I dont think anyone should pay heed to what he says, just because of the rank...
4. Pakistan Army strengthen the confusion by not disclosing range . But why ? answer is "if you can not convince then confuse them " type of thinking.

It is not PA's fault...the General is retired and doesnt speaks officially for the Pakistan Army.

Even Indian sources has said it's range is 1000Km. But I didn't give it. Pakistani won't believe them

well bbc says its 3000km but wide spread knowledge is 750 km so you r not exactly breaking the bomb if you would check previous pages many members are not sure and are asking for confirmation as one source is saying one thing and the other is saying something else

as for indians well our armed forces just tested the perimieters of an intermediate ballsitic missile! range is maximum upto 1,000 kms! not something for the world to worry about but definetly able to hit central india!

We already know abt it.

Why just central India, ur ghauri can hit all of India.

It is not PA's fault...the General is retired and doesnt speaks officially for the Pakistan Army.

Yes! indeed It's PA's fault. They are in best position of quell this confusion.But they choose to stir the speculation.

Because Pak Citizen can not be convinced with mere 750 or 1000km range of missile in response of Indian Long range Agni 5.

OH LORD give brains to both side of the border!!! firstly FOR PAKISTANIS our SIMPLE AIM is to RETALITE to INDIAN AGRESSION and give them a bloody NOSE! our aim is not to HIT the MOON! or Israel or US!

hey i know i ahve been saying on this forum we cant tell the world they tested it so we can too we have to name our threat and naming israel and usa will put is in a position for which we r not ready to be read this sentence people

there is a time and place for everything but still wanted the shaheen 3

Back
Top Bottom