What's new

Pakistan teenage sisters shot dead because they were DANCING Check out all

Why this thakedari? Why not let society agree that different people can have different views of decency, that there is room for a multiplicity of interpretations of "decency" -- See, when one interpretation thinks it is right and just to dominate in this case based on "decency" then it only invites a backlash that it had sought to avoid in the first place, that is why it is better to tolerate --Why this need to use brutality to enforce on particular view ?? Earlier we ask you to consider how is it that increasingly brutal force is used to enforce a particular religiosity??

Acha? To phir Baki mumalik mey victims key tasveer family air authorities key permission key begar publish kyu nahi kartey hain? Answer me this one?

Acha? To phir Baki mumalik mey victims key tasveer family air authorities key permission key begar publish kyu nahi kartey hain? Answer me this one?

Privacy -- not the fear that women will be killed for conceptions of religiosity

He is right Dancing is not our culture, its a different thing that our younger generation has adopted some elements of the other cultures. Its like wearing jeans and sleeveless shirts, clubbing and partying.

Well that depends on "our culture" -- See there came to be a divide in Pakistan, and how History was to be understood and therefore how Pakistan was to be understood - in this new conception, Pakistan was not 7000 year old civilization, NO, Pakistan only started when it was invaded by the Arab and islam "implemented"

The net result of this forced correction of history is that Pakistan became alienated from it's history and culture and forced to embrace the culture and history of others.

This is the source of suggestion that it is not our culture - because if you have the larger view of Pakistan's history and cultures, then the Dancing girl of Mohenjo Daro is something difficult to negate -- But of course it depends on whether you are persuaded that Pakistan's history and culture begins with Arabs

Privacy -- not the fear that women will be killed for conceptions of religiosity

Ache? To phir moors murderers key identity or tasweer kyun protect ke? What about James Bulger? Why not release their photos the public has a right to know! Because they will be torn to peices, that's why.

Furthermore see case of Drummer Lee Rigby? Why was his identity not released for 24 hours and some press agencies refused to run images of him in his number 1's for fear of upsetting the family?

So you tell me is this a Pakistani only phenomena or can this "Theka" extend to other countries?

****** mentality of the subcontinent. There needs to be a Great Leap Forward/Cultural Revolution in this area.

Why do the people think they can take law into their own hands?

Sir dancing is not allowed in Islam but that also doesn't mean you kill the girl who dances we should teach them orders of Islam Sir but also can't allow haram things to take place Sir

my comment may sound like a troll sir but dont sane pakistanis go mad by seeing and listening to such news day in and day out;suicide attacks,ethnic conflicts,politicians and feudals looting the country,religious extremism and intolerance,power shortage etc etc.i can understand if this is some old phenomenon like in some african countries but this intolerance and extremism has multiplied many fold only during the past decade.how come you people sleep peacefully at night ?Honestly it is near impossible for pak to get out of this mess in the next cpl of decades.one may point out rapes and corruption in india but we are protesting,fighting against them,making laws to address those issues.we even have maoists who say they are fighting for the poor(their number may be small but they are symbols of a revolution in a society)

Ḥashshāshīn;4473874 said:
****** mentality of the subcontinent. There needs to be a Great Leap Forward/Cultural Revolution in this area.

Why do the people think they can take law into their own hands?

Not just Asia, happens in Africa but is not reported as much, *** see anyone here championing the cause of Somali girls and genital mutilation, because there is little political mileage to e gained from it. All the so called advocates of liberalism here are pushing their own sodomised agenda whilst radiating a supercilious aura of self righteousness.

apologizes but you lost me back there, as history is not my subject. As you say the arabs brought the culture to Subcontinent and we adopted their culture or as you said implemented their culture on us, than wasn't the dancing part of arabs culture too? or
Well that depends on "our culture" -- See there came to be a divide in Pakistan, and how History was to be understood and therefore how Pakistan was to be understood - in this new conception, Pakistan was not 7000 year old civilization, NO, Pakistan only started when it was invaded by the Arab and islam "implemented"

The net result of this forced correction of history is that Pakistan became alienated from it's history and culture and forced to embrace the culture and history of others.

This is the source of suggestion that it is not our culture - because if you have the larger view of Pakistan's history and cultures, then the Dancing girl of Mohenjo Daro is something difficult to negate -- But of course it depends on whether you are persuaded that Pakistan's history and culture begins with Arabs

Here in Pakistan it is the same...No where in Islam is there any such thing as honour killing...this thing in Pakistan is totally CULTURAL...

RIP

@WebMaster @Awesome @Aeronaut @nuclearpak @Zakii

Read ANY post of this user on THIS thread alone and kindly end his misery of having to make up excuses to bash Pakistan or anything to do with it!
Don't give fatwas. Read my post in context and reply if you can. Or you can ignore.

my dear you didn't get the point did you? they were killed not because they danced in the rain but some idiot like you made a clip and uploaded on the internet. And in out corner of the world (incld. india , bangladesh, KSA...) girl's modesty is lost in such cases. an example would be you someone uploading a video of your friends at a party, you will feel enraged.....
though killing the girls is a condemnable act and culprits should be punished.
Its more towards culture rather than religion or country, I don't understand why Pakistan was highlighted in the news headlines
No I get that. But I am just saying that posting the pics of the girls here is not wrong in any way.

Last edited by a moderator:
apologizes but you lost me back there, as history is not my subject. As you say the arabs brought the culture to Subcontinent and we adopted their culture or as you said implemented their culture on us, than wasn't the dancing part of arabs culture too? or

Song and Dance is integral Arabian culture, however the poor arabs were not immune from the "reformist" tendencies in Islam AKA Wahabism -- so if you notice when arabs are among people they know well, they sing, dance and have a good time like any one else/

Now about our own history, because Jamaati under the islamiyaat program of Zia, were partially successful in rubbing out the history of Pakistan and saying it started only from the Arabs - even though Mohenjo Daro and Taxila would never allow that lie to persist -- Pakistani culture assumed a morose, joyless quality, in facr it started to die and Pakistanis became cultural parasites - the state told us the hoorible Hindoo was making mischief, deprived of our own culture and forced to adopt the outward appearance of so called religion without meaning, the home front gathered before the TV to watch Amir, Salman and Shahrukh and see in them (all Indians) a substance they found appealing.

Cinema in Pakistan died, and TV can only present "Dramas" (read women getting bashed up, multiple wives and all with the utmost of "Decency", so much so that Turkish TV shows were deemed indecent = so much for brotherhood

dont sane pakistanis go mad by seeing and listening to such news day in and day out;suicide attacks,ethnic conflicts,politicians and feudals looting the country,religious extremism and intolerance,power shortage etc etc.i can understand if this is some old phenomenon like in some african countries but this intolerance and extremism has multiplied many fold only during the past decade.how come you people sleep peacefully at night ?Honestly it is near impossible for pak to get out of this mess in the next cpl of decades.one may point out rapes and corruption in india but we are protesting,fighting against them,making laws to address those issues.we even have maoists who say they are fighting for the poor(their number may be small but they are symbols of a revolution in a society)

reading the comments here , don't you think they are mad or mentally disturbed? I mean look at how they justify the barbarity of their existence - well, as long as God is pleased and of course the Honor the prophet is maintained - all is cool - it's just women anyway, no big loss.

Even serious people compare Pakistan with African countries. all without batting an eye - yes it's incredible, but clearly someof us have made their peace with the insanity of their daily experience

Back
Top Bottom