What's new

Pakistan successfully tests indigenous drone Burraq and Barq laser guided missile

So much trash spread by neighboring geniuses without a hint on what burraq project actually is. Apart of external similarity and missile, there is alot that has changed from airframe to mission consoles to epectrooptic to fire control.

Essentially burraq is a Pakistan ucav based on Chinese ch-3. Same is the case with Falco and shahpar.

Can nuclear cruise missile like Ra'ad be armed on drones?

why you armed every thing with nuke .nuke is not fire cracker that you will use every times . for using nuke you have JF-17 armed with rad or babur cruse missile etc

Precisely. Most of the time, India either imports weapons or tries to develop it from scratch locally. But Pakistan prefers to import / reverse-engineer the systems and produce it locally.

You import the items, that's correct but pakistan do not have the capability or industrial complex to reverse engineer any major defense products.Neither chinese care who is the end user for their product until it back fire them for their action.

Didn't either the Chinese or the Italians have an issue with that ?

Falco was brought under license and had no strings on opening it up since we have had good relations with Italians. Chinese offered us help in developing an affordable ucav system to eliminate the terrorism.

The issue is now pretty much a dead issue like everything else using the same tactic; promise remedies again and again until the public gives up.. which it has. Today one can order a drone strike at any part in western Pakistan and apart from select condemnation.. nobody will bother.

Tell that to sailors who prefer the 1980's Oliver Hazard Perry and its "Cosmetic" and "Presentation" compared to the F-22P whose first two ships were considered hellholes with zero regard for human engineering.. along with the reliability of a knockoff iphones sold in the streets of Chinese capitals.

That is not true, PN officer love F-22Ps because they are new and reliable and they like OHP too but they say that they are old and PN don't have freedom in modifying or customizing them as they can do it with F-22Ps.

Developing: Pakistan tests Burraq UCAV and Barq laser guided missile - ISPR.

I think name is irrelevant to its application ''burraq'' is the horse which took our holy prophet to mecca to jeruzalem/ nothing related to fighting . its name could be like ababeel which ''bomb'' abraham when invading mecca .

You import the items, that's correct but pakistan do not have the capability or industrial complex to reverse engineer any major defense products.Neither chinese care who is the end user for their product until it back fire them for their action.

Here comes another genius !!

I am quite amazed at the ignorance you guys show. Look at the list of succesfully inducted weapon systems on both sides. Better open a threadbon this topic.

I think name is irrelevant to its application ''burraq'' is the horse which took our holy prophet to mecca to jeruzalem/ nothing related to fighting . its name could be like ababeel which ''bomb'' abraham when invading mecca .

Abraha not Abraham. But I think the issue was that we already have target drone with the same name.

Right, exactly what do you consider a "major" defense product?
I'd say reverse-engineering a Tomahawk worked out just fine.

Right, exactly what do you consider a "major" defense product?
I'd say reverse-engineering a Tomahawk worked out just fine.
We don't have liberty to get crashed tomahawk or profilation tech from other sources unlike some Firms.

Last edited:
How you know that Pakistan didnt have the capability of reverse engineering?

We of don't have liberty to get crashed tomahawk or profilation tech from other sources unlike some Firms.

Here is the funny bit,

reverse engineered or indigenous, they'll surely be able to strike Indian targets. And i am sure, you'll be telling the dead that oh, don't worry, it was a reverse engineered missile.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom