What's new

Pakistan successfully tests indigenous drone Burraq and Barq laser guided missile

Well done on the drone and missle test.

Wi be a very useful weapon to have in your ceaseless internal war you guys are fighting against your terrorists.

Nice to see you guys developing a weapon better useful now against your current adversary rather than the traditional foe Indian military

Leave Indians and answer my questions
1: Can these missiles fitted and
fired from Z-10 ?????
2 : If we develop a launcher just
like we have for Baktar Shikan can these missiles from them ????? @Dazzler
further more to my previous reply
It is inefficient
. remember the key word

There is a reason why a propeller based light drone still exists besides the supersonic jets. Their roles are different. Drones are light and carry lighter armament for a REASON. Economy, longer endurance and smaller impact helping to not only avoid collateral damage but save bigger “badder” ammunition for bigger badder enemy.

Turn it around putting their specially adapted weapons on a platform that is meant to take on an enemy formation of tanks will not make sense because it will cost more to have a gunship in the air for hours and do the drones work and replacing its main gun with say AK-47 would be humiliating for it.

My opposition to your concept is in general terms where a concept of a hunter/ killer drone is conceived and lighter weapon system is developed for the purpose of taking out soft targets with small area of effect.

But that said I will like to take a U turn now as I think more and say yea, why not have specially adapted launchers that can accommodate say 4 to 8 of these drone missiles and attach them to the helicopters and send them when large number of terrorists are identified in different places and a volley of 2 missiles from drones won’t be enough. But this will open another discipline of the technology where a specially adapted system will have to be made compatible and suitable to whatever platform you want, may it be Z-10 or cobras or even JF-17s? Because our conventional payload that is dropped on TTP is much bigger and maybe an over kill.. (mind you all this argument is based on COIN and keeping TTP in mind).

@MastanKhan saab can you please rephrase for the benefit of our friend as I have repeatedly admitted my lack of aviation knowledge so I use basic military concept and common sense in my commentary in the aviation section.

that few second clip of two cars on the road was unrelated and necessary. they have nothing to do with that test
just a "tent" on top a vehicle was what was simulating a moving target that was taken out

the video release should have avoided sexing up the video just like a J-10 video contained Top gun footage of a blown up plane which caused a lot of mockery at the chinese

Sorry to cut in, but if you're talking about the Burraq, these drones are not meant for war against another nation. In fact, such drones would be next to worthless. India wouldn't be able to field their drones and neither would Pakistan, as they would be shot down within minutes.

These drones are meant for anti-insurgency operations. Only the next gen drones such as the X-45, X-47, nEUROn, or Taranis (...etc) would be worth fielding against another nation, as they would be stealth, and have air-air and air-surface capabilities.
Sorry but i contest your opinion. Drones are a battlefield weapon, for situational awareness, target designation etc. there is no match currently for drones.
If armed with 8-10km range, 1000mm armored penetration missiles, there is nothing better then UCAV for anti armored role. If we go by your notion, then Attack hellos and CAP missions are equally obsolete in face of SAMs.

Thank you

Not what the officers I know told me.

I have visited the ship and discussed it with crew on board and they are very happy with it and ship is in extremely well condition too and well made with very good facilities, even Indian Dish Tv was available on it. Only thing I found problematic for crew comfort it the length of sleeping bed they have.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom