What's new

Pakistan successfully tests indigenous drone Burraq and Barq laser guided missile

Here is the funny bit,

reverse engineered or indigenous, they'll surely be able to strike Indian targets. And i am sure, you'll be telling the dead that oh, don't worry, it was a reverse engineered missile.
That's not the problem
we got that covered with Our drones umbrella and anti-air defense.

doughts raised here about indigenous content

Although it's great achievement
Even if it's reverse engineering it will surely counted as success if it fulfill its customers requirements.

I'm much more interested in the missile ... Hope to see its ground variant in service .. Many people here are .... About it being an AR-1 .. Let's compare both :

BURQ:
image.jpg

AR-1:

image.jpg

There were many news reports (since 2007-8 onwards). about a LASER GUIDED MISSILE IN THE WORKS .. I guess we were wrong about it being a variant of Baktar Shikan ATGM.

Here is the funny bit,

reverse engineered or indigenous, they'll surely be able to strike Indian targets. And i am sure, you'll be telling the dead that oh, don't worry, it was a reverse engineered missile.
Sorry to cut in, but if you're talking about the Burraq, these drones are not meant for war against another nation. In fact, such drones would be next to worthless. India wouldn't be able to field their drones and neither would Pakistan, as they would be shot down within minutes.

These drones are meant for anti-insurgency operations. Only the next gen drones such as the X-45, X-47, nEUROn, or Taranis (...etc) would be worth fielding against another nation, as they would be stealth, and have air-air and air-surface capabilities.

Last edited:
I'm much more interested in the missile ... Hope to see its ground variant in service .. Many people here are .... About it being an AR-1 .. Let's compare both :

BURQ:
View attachment 203000

AR-1:

View attachment 203001

There were many news reports (since 2007-8 onwards). about a LASER GUIDED MISSILE IN THE WORKS .. I guess we were wrong about it being a variant of Baktar Shikan ATGM.
The Burq has more similarities to the HJ-10 than it does the AR-1. I suspect that Pakistan got the ToT from China and overhauled the missile for its own needs, which is why it looks so different. It would also explain why it took so long for Pakistan to test it successfully, despite the fact that the Burraq has been inducted since November 2013.

Sorry to cut in, but if you're talking about the Burraq, these drones are not meant for war against another nation. In fact, such drones would be next to worthless. India wouldn't be able to field their drones and neither would Pakistan, as they would be shot down within minutes.

These drones are meant for anti-insurgency operations. Only the next gen drones such as the X-45, X-47, nEUROn, or Taranis (...etc) would be worth fielding against another nation, as they would be stealth, and have air-air and air-surface capabilities.

I wasn't talking about drones, but in general the state of despair Indians find themselves in every time Pakistan inducts a new weapon. I mean, they called the same BS when Pakistan got the ex jordanian F-16s, as if they are any less effective in bombing pesky Indian trolls than a new ones.

The Burq has more similarities to the HJ-10 than it does the AR-1. I suspect that Pakistan got the ToT from China and overhauled the missile for its own needs, which is why it looks so different. It would also explain why it took so long for Pakistan to test it successfully, despite the fact that the Burraq has been inducted since November 2013.

I guess we'll will have to keep guessing till the specs are revealed .

That is not true, PN officer love F-22Ps because they are new and reliable and they like OHP too but they say that they are old and PN don't have freedom in modifying or customizing them as they can do it with F-22Ps.

Not what the officers I know told me.

Here comes another genius !!

I am quite amazed at the ignorance you guys show. Look at the list of succesfully inducted weapon systems on both sides. Better open a threadbon this topic.

of course thats how their mindset works. I must commend their unity of thought though. seems like one master mind that throws same questions and uses same modes operandi to troll and derail.

this is how this story panned out.
despite the detailed news, with clear photos and video footage of both the target, firing, missile, the command centre , the impact etc.

first there was mockery and disbelief
then there was demand for photos and videos
and then those photos and videos were not good enough
and finally there was denial.

AND yet, they demand that we must accept that Hafiz Saeed is involved in Mumbai attacks , see the irony here? despite reposting of photos and videos, Indians chose to ignore them or dismissed them.

Why the images are not in IR mode or buraq do not have this capability yet.

View attachment 202870

View attachment 202871
why do you have to assume the worse of this achievement? didn't you notice that the exercise was conducted during the day time? why do you think a day time camera cant be replaced with an IR when we have produced a working model of armed drone and its command module already?

of course thats how their mindset works. I must commend their unity of thought though. seems like one master mind that throws same questions and uses same modes operandi to troll and derail.

this is how this story panned out.
despite the detailed news, with clear photos and video footage of both the target, firing, missile, the command centre , the impact etc.

first there was mockery and disbelief
then there was demand for photos and videos
and then those photos and videos were not good enough
and finally there was denial.

AND yet, they demand that we must accept that Hafiz Saeed is involved in Mumbai attacks , see the irony here? despite reposting of photos and videos, Indians chose to ignore them or dismissed them.
Leave Indians and answer my questions
1: Can these missiles fitted and
fired from Z-10 ?????
2 : If we develop a launcher just
like we have for Baktar Shikan can these missiles from them ????? @Dazzler

I wasn't talking about drones, but in general the state of despair Indians find themselves in every time Pakistan inducts a new weapon. I mean, they called the same BS when Pakistan got the ex jordanian F-16s, as if they are any less effective in bombing pesky Indian trolls than a new ones.

Some Indian member was saying something about the ability of the used -16 to be used in combat. I told him to hope that one of the used -16's don't end up bringing down a couple of the mighty SU-30's and someone posting the missile camera image on here, post a conflict. That gentleman hasn't responded to my post from so many months ago.

Its sad to see how people don't just discuss things in a positive manner, not sure why there is negative bashing and denial about everything has to happen!!

Leave Indians and answer my questions
1: Can these missiles fitted and
fired from Z-10 ?????
2 : If we develop a launcher just
like we have for Baktar Shikan can these missiles from them ????? @Dazzler

A.1 the missile has to be compatible, integrated and suitable for that platform. Z-10 will come with its own arsenal suitable for its role and mission.

2. same as above, why should we? are their weapons and launchers unsuitable or inferior? what you want to do with existing launcher and its missiles that will come with Z-10? do you know its spec and its payload? sell them back to China? why would you want to reinvent something when a tested and suitable thing is already there? why not save the time, money and talent for Buraq further improvement?

DIDI....... Who? :undecided:
Didi a.k.a sheikh haseena wajid

You import the items, that's correct but pakistan do not have the capability or industrial complex to reverse engineer any major defense products.Neither chinese care who is the end user for their product until it back fire them for their action.
Only India has power to build world class junk from paid foreign designs and call it Indigenous....

I think name is irrelevant to its application ''burraq'' is the horse which took our holy prophet to mecca to jeruzalem/ nothing related to fighting . its name could be like ababeel which ''bomb'' abraham when invading mecca .
we have a UAV named ababeel.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom