What's new

Pakistan successfully tests Babur 2 Cruise Missile.

Targets at sea!

This truly game changer.

One more shield in the defence...making war of aggression against Pak nearly impossible.

Targets at sea...meaning... all the numbers' weakness that PNS is suffering from gets a major boost.

Who is going to enter 1000 km into Pak Waters???

Let us just make sick hegemon's war of agression impossible.

Keep going Pak. Now sub and ships based long range assets, please.

Afro-Asian Ocean needs to be free from any hegemon claiming it his private lake.

Well done!!!! Keep making war impossible....

I'm waiting for a confirmation of anti shipping capabilities. If it's true, we just built a superweapon.
That confirmation won't come.

That confirmation holds in the antenna in the nose section not present in previous versions.

1263305-baburmissile-1481723668-245-640x480.jpg

12465533-hatf-vii-babur-cruise-missile.jpg

No not RCS detection RCS improvement.
When you decrease RCS of any missile, aircraft, UAV etc you make it more stealth and for it very microwave sophisticated equipment are required. I heard NESOM have it but not 100 percent sure.
Oh okay, I understand. Well I believe I do not have any credible information about it.

If its really true, we have just reversed Indian naval advantage by a great deal.
Shouldn't really blow it out of proportions. If we were really that close to a reliable coastal AShM, we wouldn't have rushed in the C-602 aka Zarb. It will take a few years before the seeker tech + navigation over sea is matured.
Also someone could check any NOTAMs issued by the navy to see whether it flew over the sea. While doing that keep in mind tests are not announced the day they are conducted many times.
Nope, it didn't. No navigational/coastal warnings were issued. Seems like the entire flight was over land, which is not bad considering it was the first test of this system.

So we ARE working in that direction?

Shouldn't really blow it out of proportions. If we were really that close to a reliable coastal AShM, we wouldn't have rushed in the C-602 aka Zarb. It will take a few years before the seeker tech + navigation over sea is matured.

Nope, it didn't. No navigational/coastal warnings were issued. Seems like the entire flight was over land, which is not bad considering it was the first test of this system.

May be Pakistan did rush the C- 602 because it would be giving some other advantages over localised missile technology or it also provided a learning curve towards the bold part of your post.

Anti Ship is not the main focus here. Long range Land strikes are and as such the update is for allowing better terrain following and terminal evasive actions.

Ship board is in limbo until a suitable VLS equipped vessel is procured from China.

@Penguin At the peril of your credibility, maybe now would be a good idea to start trusting men in uniform.

I'm waiting for a confirmation of anti shipping capabilities. If it's true, we just built a superweapon.

IF I were you, I'd go out and celebrate, instead of waiting for confirmation, heard you are a steak lover as well. :cheers:

@Penguin At the peril of your credibility, maybe now would be a good idea to start trusting men in uniform.
I've read this page and the first page of the thread only. I don't get your remark about my credibility: I've never said anything against Babur, nor have I doubted its existence and development. I have mentioned, however, that I hadn't seen anything documented on an actual launch by a submerged submarine. Are you saying that somewhere in page 2 through 10 is convincing material to suggest/confirm that this missile has been launched from a submerged submarine? If so, please point me to it, because I would find that highly interesting.

Last edited:
I've read this page and the first page of the thread only. I don't get your remark about my credibility: I've never said anything against Babur, nbor have I doubted its existence and development. I have mentioned, however, that I hadn't seen anything documented on an actual launch by a submerged submarine. Are you saying that somewhere in page 2 through 10 is convincing material to suggest/confirm that this missile has been launched from a submerged submarine? If so, please point me to it, because I would find that highly interesting.
Go through this thread and then tell me you honestly believe that Babur SLCM does not exist.

As to your statement about "seeing anything documented," I wouldn't hold my breath. The Press Release today , is not giving the full story either.

Have a good evening!

BABUR 1 - A not Babur 2 with not a single upgrade to engine or Fuel efficient . more like a Shaheen 1 A updates

If you want to know what Enhanced aerodynamics and Avionics means, Follow the upgrades of Tomahawk. Most probably, it can loiter before hitting target, They might have added a datalink into missile , Can fly over the featureless water. Some kind of Sea capability added into TERCOM (TERCOM needs features on land to distinguish where it is going.

Remember the MoDP report Pakistan is creating Anti Ship and Land versions of Missile
Inertial navigation plus datalink may be good enough to bring the missile near a sea target. This suffices for a nuke warhead. However, you'ld still need some form of autonomous terminal guidance (IRH, RFH, Radar) for the end run, I would think, if you aim to hit an individual ship.

It can be torpedo fired through our Agosta 90Bs
If diameter is small enough and if there is some form of encapsulated launch.

Last edited:
Anti Ship is not the main focus here. Long range Land strikes are and as such the update is for allowing better terrain following and terminal evasive actions.

Ship board is in limbo until a suitable VLS equipped vessel is procured from China.

Bro .. MODP 2015 refers to an anti ship missile under development and to be active by 2017.... What is that? A Babur variant or a new system ?

Go through this thread and then tell me you honestly believe that Babur SLCM does not exist.

As to your statement about "seeing anything documented," I wouldn't hold my breath. The Press Release today , is not giving the full story either.

Have a good evening!
I have done that. All I'm seeing is ' land and sea targets', which is not surprising (but I don't see anything about guidance towards moving sea targets. Nuking a task group only requires good INS and a datalink to get the missile 'close enough', hitting individual ships however requires some form of terminal stage guidance in addition to INS and datalink). I see in the thread 1 person saying 'all platforms'. IF that includes submarines, then I will believe it when I see imagery or an official statement to this extent. No sooner. I'm a patient man, I'll wait.

Back
Top Bottom